Netplay 2 player

New user from 2023. I tried starting a netplay session on my Windows desktop and connecting with my GameShell. I load PicoDrive with Gunstar Heroes; when I try to connect I get “Compatible content found”, then directly after, “Couldn’t find a suitable core or content file, load manually.” When I host with the GameShell it comes back with “Failed to initialize netplay”.

I think everything’s updated to the latest versions on the GameShell. Is there any way to get netplay working?

EDIT:
It quite literally took all day but I finally got it working. Here’s the basic outline of what I did:

• Install latest Debian archive keyring so you can apt update and apt install (don’t know how risky this is, but my GameShell’s working fine. I downloaded the .deb on my PC, copied via SSH, then sudo dpkg -i to install).
  • sudo apt update
  • Compile latest RetroArch, useful links below.
  • You might need to update the core info files before things work
  • Compile the latest PicoDrive core (or whatever core you want to play with) and copy it to ~/.config/retroarch/cores/
  • Set core_updater_buildbot_cores_url in retroarch.cfg to “”, otherwise it’ll downgrade the core whenever you start netplay.

These links were very useful: