OpenBSD support?

Hi,

i am considering to buy the uConsole, but i’d like to use OpenBSD on it.
As CM4 is listed as a supported version at the OpenBSD page, but i am not sure about the supported interfaces (MIPI?), maybe it would not support every hw on the adapter-board.

Yeah, i know about all the supported linux distributions, but i can’t enjoy any linux, so thats not a solution for me.

Thank You.

Could you build out the image in a chroot that is a mounted SD card from a donor cross compile enabled system? FreeBSD vs OpenBSD vs NetBSD may have slightly different results too. I have pre-ordered the R-01 flavor and will be trying out various RISC-V supported OSes just to play [ riscv - FreeBSD Wiki as a guide for say FreeBSD ] I hope to add details back to this form to share with the community once node is in hand :smiley:

Freebsd is my prefered system to run but Iv always struggled with compatibility when using hats/phats or any of the displays which utilize the rpi gpio. Hopfully this can change that

You may be able to use some of the info in this link for modifying the screen and resolution settings on your OpenBSD image to get things at least somewhat usable. The Devterm/uConsole OS images use LXDE as the desktop environment, so if you want to do that as well i will also add the FreeBSD wiki page on how to install and configure LXDE.

https://wiki.freebsd.org/LXDE

2 Likes