[OS] RetroArch - Debian OS image based on the minimal Debian (u-boot, kernel, and Debian from scratch) [v0.3]

Oh my goodness this is amazing!! I am super keen on this. This is probably as close to an official Lakka pure gaming device experience as we’re going to get!
I am going to download this right away.
This is the kind of image that I’d be happy to hand to someone as a gift, as a person who purely wants to play games on their gameshell.
I’ve been a huge fan of your work. Can’t wait to see more updates to it! :smiley:

As for the auto expand, the one I’m currently using on my images is the one from @guu

There was also one that I got from @hpcodecraft that automatically downloads all the tools required to expand, expands, then removes the tools.

#!/bin/bash

GREEN='\033[1;32m'
NC='\033[0m'

printf "${GREEN}Installing dependencies...${NC}\n"

# Install growpart util
export DEBIAN_FRONTEND=noninteractive
sudo apt-get -y install cloud-guest-utils

printf "${GREEN}Growing partition...${NC}\n"

# Grow root partition
sudo growpart /dev/mmcblk0 2

printf "${GREEN}Resizing file system...${NC}\n"

# Resize file system
sudo resize2fs /dev/mmcblk0p2

printf "${GREEN}Cleaning up...${NC}\n"

# Uninstall growpart package again
sudo apt-get -y remove cloud-guest-utils

printf "\n${GREEN}Done! Reload UI and Check Settings->Storage 😊 ${NC}\n\n"

Also, on another note, given the simplicity of the OS, this could work as a great base to use something like Emulation Station as a front end. It would be a lot more visually appealing, and about as close to having a RetroPie like experience in a handheld console. There was some talk of it here:

That would at least make using standalone emulators that don’t depend on Retroarch easy to access.

3 Likes