PCSX ReARMed for GameShell

For those who are trying to launch it and getting a black screen and then back to the menu, I had to update the shell script for mine. Script wasn’t launching in the correct directory, and so wasn’t running anything.

Assuming you’ve cloned into the directory as outlined above (so the directories are the same), my launch script is now the following (Pcsx.sh) - addition obviously being the directory change:

#!/bin/bash
cd /home/cpi/apps/launcher/Menu/GameShell/Pcsx
./pcsx

@Jay I m not around a computer right now, but I think it’s /home/cpi/ .config/retroarch/cores/

It’s in a hidden folder, so make sure you can view hidden directories. Then drop “pcsx_rearmed_libretro.so” in there.

Then rename the zip file you downloaded (pcsx_rearmed_libretro.zip) and name it “pcsx_rearmed_libretro.so.zip and put it in /home/cpi/apps/emulators/
Now it will run directly from retroarch, and from a menu item if you make one.

Forgive me if I’m wrong this is all from memory let me know how that goes

do I need to import a core into pcsx menu?

If you do it my way, it eliminates having to use the standalone Pcsx, and runs it all thru Retroarch so you can use your hotkeys. Looks cleaner in the menu as well

Hey michel, how you put the icon on the launcher?

Check this out man it should help ya

Just stop at /GameShell/
Take out the /20_Retro_Games/ or w.e and it’ll be on the main launcher

Look around in the application you are using there should be a way to manually input your directory, when you have input home/cpi/.config

You should see the retroarch folder, in that folder there should be a core folder, just drop the pscx reArmed core in the folder.

Hi Micro007 were you able to install it finally? I am completely new to it. Got my gameshell today and using a mac. How do I install PCSXR-Master?

I’m sorry man I haven’t used a Mac in almost 10 years (aside from recording) so I’m at a loss.

@fr500 @Petrakis ?

hmmm https://forums.libretro.com/t/pbp-files-no-longer-working-on-pcsx-rearmed-core-for-android/15592/10 something is going on, @fr500 will knnow

Are you talking about PCSX-ReARMed libretro? or the standalone version people are using on the GS?

I am now following your instructions - RetroArch Megathread this one which are good :slight_smile: and have posted another question for you Thanks for answering the last one I was able to complete the steps until the Input configuration. Now stuck at doing inputs.

For anyone looking for a icon for pcsx, i made this one. Use if you like it :smiley:.

can you private message me on where to find working isos? cause i tried a few and they didnt work

how do i change the icon?

Just move the file to ~/apps/launcher/skin/default/Menu/GameShell then give it the same name as the saved .sh file, for example pcsx.png

Hey guys, i’m trying to install gran turismo 2 but the game file ends in .sub, how can i make it work??

How playable is it @ 5fps?

5fps? Who’s getting 5fps lol