PCSX ReARMed for GameShell

In the standalone PocketSNES thread someone gave an example how the sh file might look:

~/apps/emulators/PocketSNES ~/games/roms/snes/Final Fantasy II (USA) (Rev 1).zip

So you first navigate to the emulator and then to the rom, all in one line. If the path has spaces it probably needs quotation marks. Also make sure the file permissions are set correctly. :wink:

Okay, that actually worked, for SNES, at least. Thanks. Ill haveto try it with PCSX next.

I can make shortcuts for everythign except for PCSX,

I tried this sh launcher

~/launcher/Menu/GameShell/01_Pcsx/pcsx ~/games/PCSX/Crash.img

but it just doesnt load the game and tells me i need a bios (but it works fine when i run PCSX on its own)

i have got Pcsx-master running Ace combat 3, the file was bin file at the end, but have the cue file in the same folder.
Can’t seem to find anymore that work they all end in img.ecm. My question is does the region matter? got my gameshellpi from germany are they all the same region? thanks

hi sorry running Pcsxr-master.

The region would depend on the bios you use. There shouldn’t be any regional settings that affect gameplay, since we’re essentially emulating. We can flash the same OS as someone across the world, which will give the same results.
That said, region locking games is silly in general. But that’s the topic for another thread :wink:

hi, i have v0.5 i’ve just been using europe, and bin.ecm files don’t seem to work, i can only get 1 ps1 one game working, ace combat 3. Thanks

See if you can download a *.bin format image. Or an *.iso. That’s what I normally use.
If you can’t find images in any other format, try searching something like “convert psx ecm to bin”. In google, searching this gets a few results.

Don’t post a link, but what game are you trying to play?
Depending on the game, you may also need to use a bios file.
Depending on which version of CPI OS you have, the bios directory changes. Just to clarify, the gameshell doesn’t come with a PlayStation bios. You need go supply it.
For 0.5 and above, it is in ~/apps/emulators/bios.
In 0.4 and below, it is in ~/launcher/sys.py/bios.

See how you go! :slight_smile:

Have you renamed files? Have you checked cue file?

hi, have found a site, (the eye) the zip files contain .bin and .cue. so just unzipped them into new folders and they are running great, i have about 8 fully running games in pcsxr, am addicted now lol. i just added pcsxr to apps, emulators and i added the file content to apps and emulators just incase, so i don’t know which is working for me, but it just works.
i also downloaded every core in Arch, have a 64gb sd, which reads as 60gb in v0.5 didn’t read in v0.4. just need to back it all up now.
Thanks for the info.

Excellent! That is good to hear. It’s actually something the Gameshell does really well! Just a quick note: even though it’s not a link, it’s usually a good idea to not include mention of places where to find technically illegal game files.

When you say every core, do you mean like, going into the online updater and downloading them all?? That is amazing and no doubt took ages if you did!!!

ok thanks will not do lol in future. Yes everyone (core) only took about 10 mins, it downloads 3 or 4 for at the same time. Don’t know whether it does any good or not but they tiny so might as well. thanks

just went to download core, started from the top and just downloaded everyone of them. lol

Hey guys, i’m kinda new with the GS, i’ve been able to install the PCSX ReArmed and works amazing; however,when i try to save my progress in any of the games, it just gets stuck doing it and have to restart, what can i do about it? how to fix it?

1 Like

Hi @Julli_Torres

Did you create the memory cards in ReArmed?
I just stuck to RetroArch for PSX games, was less complicated than I initially thought.

No, how do i do that? is it in any post? lol didn’t see that step, can you guide me through pls?

Aaarrggghh, so sorry - I forgot to reply.

Let me get a guide for you :slight_smile:

Hi, did you ever solve this volume control problem, it seems no sound most of the time and suddenly a surprise then disappear again. Thx