Progress on gameshell

I’ve just backed it on IGG the other day so I’m hoping mine comes with the KS ones even though I know that likely won’t be the case :frowning:

I believe in another thread somewhere they mentioned that the Indiegogo shipments are to follow shortly after the initial shipment. @yong should be able to verify this or correct me if I’m wrong here.

Any news? I am getting really exited.

I think the guys must be busy shipping our orders :wink: at least I hope so

Shipping in April does not mean 1st April. If I remember correctly what @yong said, they were aiming at mid April for starting shipping.

I meant it as a joke, hence the :wink:
but it would be nice to get an update, haven’t heard anything for a while now.

1 Like

Exactly. I was just aiming for a update :slight_smile:

We’ve already pinged @yong here twice on this, so I’m going to assume they’re busy on their end. Their last update was that they’re moving into the mass production phase and since we haven’t heard any bad news from them I’m going to assume they’re in the middle of that right now.

We’re likely to hear something within the next 2 weeks, otherwise I’d say it’s safe to assume they’re still in the process of churning out 2,000+ GameShells.

1 Like

Or they are having a merry day with our money (just kidding). I would fully understand them being very busy right now. Off topic; Would anyone know if the IGG campaign is also shipped with an microsd with games ?

Yes, the Indiegogo GameShell’s will include the same microSD and content that the Kickstarter GameShell’s will be receiving.

1 Like

I’m so sorry to have missed your two pings here.

We are waiting for the factory in Shenzhen to deliver our products now. I don’t have a specific date yet, but I was told there will be an scheduled update to be released in this two weeks. So I assume we are still on the original plan.

3 Likes

That’s good to hear! It almost feels like christmas, waiting for the presents to arrive :yum:

1 Like

I’m sooooo eager to get it on the mail and assemble it :smiley:

1 Like

I got the following update with some pictures this morning. This is from the IGG campaign. Unsure if this is something that’s already been shared. I assume it’s old considering it advises it’s a March 15 2018 update.

Mar 15 2018 Production Update!
Dear GameShell Backers,
We want to share the improvements we have made and the production status.
We finished the trial production of 100 pieces of mainboards on Mar 15 before our mass production. And we will ship GameShell as we have scheduled in April.

And last, we are excited to let you know that the application for CE is submitted on Mar 15, and we will be expected to have the certification soon!
We are at a critical stage of production.
Also don’t forget to visit our forum for our latest production progress news.
https://forum.clockworkpi.com/

Thank you!!!

Best,

clockwork Team

hell! I am from china.I like 8bit-game.很高兴看到game shell的团队是中国的。请问我现在参加还是能够得到ta嘛?大概什么时候开始发货

The game shell is being sold through Kickstarter and Indiegogo and the shipments going out in the next week or so are from the original campaigns. You should still be able to order one from Indiegogo now, but this will likely be shipped in the later shipments.

游戏外壳通过KickstarterIndiegogo出售,下周左右出货的产品来自原来的活动。 你现在仍然可以从Indiegogo订购一个,但是这可能会在以后的发货中发货。

谢谢!@aewens 你的中文/Google Translate真赞!
@tsy 现在还可以通过Indiegogo预订,不过可能要到五月以后才能发货了。

2 Likes

Hello there! Any news further updates regarding shipping? @yong maybe? :wink:

Next week it looks like.

1 Like

Hi! Brand new to the forum! I’m glad to read the latest update, and hear that shipping for the first campaign is almost here. Unfortunately i missed out on that, but I really want to grab one from the indiegogo campaign. I’m just wondering if there’s an estimation of when the indiegogo campaign goes out?

I’ve been dying to have a handheld retro console like this. Price point is great, and the potential with the modular parts is almost endless!