Progress on gameshell

If I remember corectly, they are using eMMC, so the main OS will not be on an SD card, and what are you going to do with the OS on an SD card without the hardware? (also releasing it at the last minute allow them to do patching and last minutes updates, better to not ship something too buggy, even if we have to be honest, I will not expect it to work flawlessly before a couple of month after release)

If they’re not done with it, that would fall under the category of “if possible”. Also, I want it partially so I can determine if the OS only works on the GameShell of if I can get it working on something similar (e.g. the Raspberry Pi).

1 Like

Oh yes of course :slight_smile:

Well the software is supposed to be opensource too!

@yong (when) do you plan to put the code* on github or equivalent?

• Code of the specific tools of the gameshell/clockworkpi, changes of OSS tools and hardware related files

Yes. Of course. We plan to release the software on Github.
I’ve delivered your requests to the software engineering team, please stay tuned.
In the meantime, I believe, as a similiar ARM linux system, most applications developed on a Raspberry Pi should expect to work on GameShell, too.

3 Likes

YES!!! thank you i dont need the survey!!! success!!!
lol

mmexport1520992673733
Attack the clones.
Chips are made. :video_game: Gamers, hackers get ready to rock :guitar:
mmexport1520993681402

7 Likes

Thanks for sharing this

There are a couple of rogues one XD

1 Like

I call dibs on the upside-down one in the bottom left hand corner in the second image.

In all seriousness, though, are we closer to knowing the ETA on shipping now?

I am curious about ETA as well. Any info?

1 Like

Hold on there, soldiers. :man_pilot: Everything’s under control.
We are still on track for the April shipment.

2 Likes

If anything I was curious if it’d be early, mid, or late April for the shipment if that’s known yet.

1 Like

It’s a moving target now. We are aiming at the middle. :dart:

4 Likes

Tnx yong. :slight_smile:

For those who aren’t actively following the Kickstarter updates, this came out today.

If I understand correctly we have 100 devices ready now, not for everyone, right? Not complaining, just wondering :slight_smile:

Well I don’t know what are their plan, but a trial run like that is not suppose to be device you sell, so I don’t think they are going to use them to be sent to us.

@Godzil, or given that they’re still planning on shipping in April and it’s still mid-March, they were just showing us they are making progress and still moving forward.

1 Like

Hello developer team hope everything is going swimmingly on the progress on this amazing device

2 Likes

Yeah, given the previous estimates and that we’re in the last week of March without any news of issues, they should be shipping sometime next month (probably within 1-3 weeks?).