RetroPie for uConsole and DevTerm CM4

The link is in this post.

The only link I see for the distro is to the 6.6.35 on Mega Drive or whatever that is did you just update that image because im confused it says 6.6.34 and I can’t find that anywhere

the image is in the link. 6.6.35 was the current kernel when the image was built. the kernel was at 6.6.34 when I made whatever update at the top of the tread. download clockworkpi-cm4-retropie-6.6.35

So if I redownload the 6.6.35 retropie image it’s the updated image from that link correct cuz I’m going to the same place I just downloaded the last image with the wrong resolutions and everything but if I re-download it from the same link it’ll be the updated version correct I’m sorry I’m just really confused it’s been a really long day

Yes it’s the newest version with that change for usb storage.

Ok ty the usb installer worked as well I just fits set up the file structure right and should be giggity but yet again ty for fixing the resolution I could big get it for the life of me.

Trying to install drastic package from experimental packages, but get this error. Any ideas how to go about it?

It won’t work on 64bit.

1 Like

Inside the main interface as well as GBA “A” and “B” buttons act the same. “A” - select/next and “B” - cancel/back.
But inside PSP or N64 that behavior changes. “B” acts as select/next and “Y” as cancel/back.
Where can I remap buttons specific to a console? I’d like to “A” to act as “A” in every console…

I’m not a expert at retropie but I’d look in the retroarch menu or when you go to start a game hit a button to enter the config for the game and there should be a way to change button mapping for the emulator.

1 Like

You might be able to get lr-desmume working with Frameskip 1. It’s not ideal but should be passable for RPGs.

Hi, I can’t get audio to work. I had audio in the very begining, then I turned it off in the emulation station, but now, no matter what settings I have there, I have no sound. Could you share your audio settings screenshot from Emulation Station?

Thanks

Thanks a lot for your work @Rex . I just miss something, I just burn and install the BookWork 6.6.41 and update manually because of a wifi error at installation, but I don’t found retroarch. Did I miss something? Thanks again for you work

RetroPie and Bookworm are different images. There are 5 images in that folder grab the one labeled ClockworkPi-CM4-RetroPie-6.6.35.img.xz it should be the last image on the list of 5.
RetroPie is just for emulation and has no desktop by default. Just a frontend for the emulators.

1 Like

thx. I’m a little confuse. actually I know retroarch is a frontend for emulators, but as I had difficulties installing it on the debian img found on clockworkpi, I saw on a forum that you made a image of a linux for the uconsole with retroarch already installed on it, with cores etc… working out the box.
I thought installing on of the 3 img on your google drive will install a whole package ready to run… :laughing:.

If you have the kindness to explain me ?
Or I simply just don t found the Drive where you have 5 image?

ok in the Google Drive there’s only 3 images but it’s the top image. RetroPie is just a distro for running emulators and runs better then retroarch on a desktop. The Bookworm image is a full desktop distro.

3 Likes

Ok. I tried retropie directly as a system. And now I’m trying BookWorm as a full desktop distro. I installed manually RetroArch via flatpak, but cores doesn’t want to download. On the libretro page I think I can dl them, but maybe you have a simpler way? thanks a lot

You’ll need to get the cores yourself with flatpak RetroArch, and i’m not sure if there is a simpler way or not. I’m not much of a gamer and built the RetroPie image for the community.

1 Like

alright I’ll found a way. thanks again

May I ask how you dl the cores ? It works via the interface?