文曲星 Simulator with 英雄壇說

If you used to be a Chinese student in the 90s, you probably own a 文曲星. It’s a pocket size electronic dictionary. There’re various games in the device and perhaps one of the notable is 英雄壇說. My wife used to be a great fan of that game, and she asked me several times to port it onto GameShell.

So I ported the simulator to SDL2 and here’s the code: https://github.com/Wang-Yue/NC1020
The key bindings has been optimized for GameShell. Hope you like it. PRs are welcomed.
04%20PM

9 Likes

Excellent work!! full of memory!

AMAZING! This recalled me once persuade my parents to buy a specific model for this game

哥们太牛逼了!小时候为了玩这个借同学新买的NC1020,做个操回来被偷了还给人赔500块钱:rofl:

1 Like

It looks like Pokémon green haha.

Neat!! I live in Canada so it’s very cool to see these things I’ve never seen!!

I looked it up. WenQuXing dictionary! Super cool. Multi language support as well.
Does this port you made support English?

This game is a classic! I remembered playing this game in middle school. Thank you for making it open-source.

I’m afraid this game originally came in Chinese only… :frowning_face:
The 'Multi-language support" you saw probably meant for the UI of the OS.:worried:

Ahh that sucks it looks neat!

If this can be ported into a core to be used in Retroarch, the later version from 1.7.9 onwards have an AI feature that essentially takes a screenshot of your screen, sends it to a specified google translate server, then sends back the same image, overlaid with whatever you have if translated to.

That could prove to be useful did something like this.