The Thermal Printer is working!

Well dammmmn. That’s a nice print, for my first one. I admit. I put the paper in backwards in initially and had a small panic attack.

The local shop only sold them in boxes of however many are in this box. It was $20AUD, so probably like $14USD.
I would have been happy with maybe 5 rolls. But at least now I can go absolutely silly with them.

(This is reminding me of the time when people were hoarding toilet paper)

Here’s the brand and size. I wouldn’t say it’s exactly glossy. It’s just receipt material I guess?

My first thoughts were “time to print some fake parking tickets” - as in, when someone parks poorly, have a strongly worded and formatted note you can put under their windscreen wiper.

Okay I’m half joking on that front. But I’m not joking about being impressed with how good the print turned out! It wasn’t too loud either. My girlfriend just thought my phone was vibrating and I wasn’t blanking someone. :slight_smile:

I am envious of all the people with perfect prints, I tried two kinds of rolls sourced locally and they always deposit wax on the print head after one test print.

My first thought was also crafting all kinds of tickets but in the end I came up with a real application of this thing.

Printing pinout labels for ICs and SBCs!

1 Like

How to print selftest?

DC2 T

print the test page
echo -en "\x12\x54" > /tmp/DEVTERM_PRINTER_IN

3 Likes