So thought I would post about my setup that I have been working on for a few months. I started with the CM5 and trying to get it to not throttle using only the case. I bought some flat m.2 copper heatsinks here and used thermal tape to affix them to the inside of the case with the seem between them right down the center of the main chip. it left just enough clearance for a normal sized thermal pad to be used for transfer to the copper. I added some also to the other chips.
I also added a Copper Heatsink on the outside of the case as some have suggested as well. This setup seems to saturate at around 65c when at full load and charging. The back does get quite warm, but is still quite usable. I added the AIOv2 from hacker gadgets and the 18650 nvme batt board, but still wanted the option for cellular service. I found a great little EC-25 module here the same as on the default ext module from clockwork. I got the version with the 4pin header and got some usb-c connectors with breakouts (4 pad versions for 2.0) and made a small cable to wrap under the module and plug into the internal usb-c. Got a sim from visable (verizon based) and activated it with the extra sim tray in my s25 ultra, swapped it into the module did some config with help from claude and got data working. Now I’m just waiting for my 21700 nvme battery board from hackergadgets to come in, along with the trackpad mouse upgrade and I’ll be all set I think.

