uConsole Mod Megathread

I don’t think anyone else has done this yet. Figured one thread for everyone to post their mods to their uConsoles would be nice to browse. Will edit this with some of my favorites if it picks up steam.

First submission – barry99705
Bright orange antenna module, presumably for use in inclement weather given it looks like a high-vis jacket had a child with the TI Nspire CX Navigator :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

Replacement antenna.

1 Like

I also had to add an external antenna to make the wifi usable.
p1
The connection rate pretty much stays at 433mbps all over my house.
p2

It fits with the modem card installed, but it makes the headphone jack inaccessible. Currently not a problem as I haven’t been able to get service.

1 Like

I also made some antenna designs check them out on printables micro Antenna and mini Antenna

3 Likes

Can u share the STL-File for printing?
I want to try it.

Has anybody considered drilling and tapping out the side screw holes to 1/4 - 36 and simply threading the antenna holder in?

Here you go. You may need to tweak it depending on the width of the base antenna nut. I used an extra wifi antenna mount from a desktop.

Thank you very much!
I’ll print it as it is. it looks good for me. i have such Antenna Kits with SMA-Cable / Connector.

I printed it internal side down. It has a tendency to split when tightening the bolt but in this version its thicker. I’ve been carrying it in my work backpack every day and nothing has broken so far.

i’m sorry, i must’ve misread

did you just say FOUR HUNDRED AND THIRTY THREE MEGABIT PER SECOND
ON THE UCONSOLE???

my dell laptop can’t even manage that LMFAO

ConnectionSpeed

Sent from my uConsole :grin:

2 Likes

Hate to burst the bubble, all that shows is that it connected to the router with the 802.11ac WiFi protocol. The ACTUAL throughput will be less than that.

come on man

(20 characters)

tapped M6 threads into the top of the shell, and filed down the bottom brass hex bit so the case would sit flush. little dab of locktite and she’s good to go. not as nice as some of the 3d printed jobs earlier mind you.

I really think Clockwork messed up with the stock wifi. they should have tapped M6 holes for the SMA connectors into the case and then let us source our own antennae

(i’ve left the old 4g antenna since ive not been able to test the module yet)

3 Likes

Any test results yet?

Little notch for the antenna cable.

20240918_153825

Little zipy zap of the battery board to fit the Alfa Wireless card.

Shoutout to people who are good at this. Anxiety was at 10 but I got it done and it actually works. Female USB connector for Alfa Wireless adapter.

Cable Routing

All put together

2 Likes

Thanks! I didn’t even think of cutting the battery tray pcb up. now I got more room for the thermal pad on my SDR and it’ll sit more flush now.

1 Like

:metal::metal:

I started sanding the network adapter and then realized that battery board was way bigger than it needed to be.

I just hope we get the opportunity to buy spare parts in the future because I still want to try modifying a board and back panel for 21700 batteries. Im half tempted to just order a barebones uconsole and use it for parts…

1 Like

I got an old Dell Inspiron desktop with internal wifi and Bluetooth, here’s how the 2 antennas installed and I got very good signal. The designer of uConsole made a mistake to use double tape to fix the antennas on the metal chassis to grounded the signal, simply give few mm spacing will greatly improved the reception.