[VIDEO] In-depth DevTerm review after using it for a month. A06 & CM3 comparissons!

@krystman & @Jey, please no fight.

Let’s check hand / high five and stop there if you don’t mind.

1 Like

I’ll load this to better asses battery life and run to shutdown try to give a better estimate of battery life. What is the battery life impact of running this down . I have two sets of batteries so I can run 6 to 8 hours - length of most events I support as a logistics volunteer. M

There shouldn’t be any: it has a battery management system, so it won’t let the batteries discharge below their rated minimum. I found, however, that it didn’t shut down safely when I did it - it just switched off suddenly. So make sure you’re not doing anything you haven’t saved when it reaches those last few percent!

Yikes - there is a risk of corruption of the sd card when that happens will look at backing my card up before I would try this …

Just started to run the A0604 with an external HDMI display - I must say that when used as a diskless PC it is quite impressive - full screen Spyder editor in Python, large multi screen windows … :star_struck:

@krystman Thanks for making the video! My experiences with the A06 mirror yours, I’m spending an inordinate amount of time fussing with it. In general, I thought your review was excellent and your video editing is hilarious.

The highlight for me was your conclusion on why would anyone bother? I’ve had a hard time answering this myself as I regularly use many of my computers at home - mostly all in the boring box format. Your commentary about the Pocket Chip also hit home for me, so I found your final conclusion both insightful and relatable.

I may have to just hunker down and get a CM-3 at some point as the A06 issues are killing me.

2 Likes

I must be doing boring stuff - no limitation on loading A06 programs yet. Mainly Ham radio programs, some Python IDE - did have an issue loading the Arduino editor… but I can live without that - other forums suggest loading from the .tgz file since it is a later version. My main issue is the default password can’t VNC into the unit yet - will read the manual etc and see if I can find a clue.

Oh, whoops, those threads completely slipped my mind. I still live in the Gameshell category, hahaha.

1 Like