Which games will you add to your GameShell?

These are the games I’m looking forward to play (if I’ll learn to add games lol) on my GameShell, a lot of them are games I played as a kid :slight_smile: others I’ve seen on the forum or YouTube that look like fun. Which games are you looking forward to?

GAMESHELL
Cave Story
Doom

PC
Duke Nukem 3D
Wolfgang

MAME
Puzzle Bobble
Bubble Bobble
Ghouls 'n Ghosts
Bomb Jack
Demon Front
Turrican 2 (Amiga, Atari)
Street Fighter III 3rd Strike: Fight for Future
Tank Force
Giga Wing
Mars Matrix
R-Type
R-Type Leo
Asteroids Deluxe
Out Run
Maniac Square
Pang
Super Sprint

SNES
Super Mario World
Super Mario World 2 - Yoshi’s Island
Super Mario All-Stars (SMW3)
Super Tennis
Super Ghouls 'n Ghosts
Super Star Wars
Super Star Wars - Return of the Jedi
Donkey Kong’s Double Trouble
Diddy’s Kong-Quest
Donkey Kong Country
Donkey Kong Country 2
Donkey Kong Country 3
Pitfall
Mega Man X
Mega Man VII
Mega Man X3
Mega Man X2
Metal Warriors
Super Metroid
Super Turrican
NBA Jam
Mickey Mania
The Addams Family
Spot
The Magical Quest Starring Mickey Mouse
The Great Circus Mystery Starring Mickey & Minnie

NES
Super Mario Bros
Super Mario Bros 2
Super Mario Bros 3
Adventure Island 3
Mega Man
Mega Man II
Mega Man III
Ninja Gajden III
Metroid

NEO GEO
Garou: Mark of the Wolves
Art of Fighting
Art of Fighting 2
Super Sidekicks
Super Sidekicks 2
Neo Geo Cup 98: The Road To Victory
The Ultimate 11: SNK Football Championship
Nam 1975
Magician Lord
Metal Slug 1-6, X
Shock Troopers
Windjammers
Neo Turf Masters
Baseball Stars 2
Last Resort
Blasing Star
Pulstar
Andro Donus
Viewpoint

ATARI LYNX
California Games

GBA
Metroid Fusion
Metroid: Zero Mission
Wario Land 4
Gun Star Super Heroes
Mario Golf Advance Tour
Mario Tennis
Super Mario Advance 4
Mother 3

2 Likes

Dont forget there is also many cool ROM hacks to play!

Here’s a terrible and short list I had saved somewhere which needs expanding:

Super Mario World Return to Dinosaur Land
A very super mario world
Hyper Metroid
SUper metroid zero mission
Link to the past randomizer
Link to the past parralel worlds
Link to the past goddess of wisdom
Toby fox’s earthbound mod

3 Likes

Cool, gonna look them up! :blush::+1:

LOL, I went insane and upgraded to a 400GB SD Card and Installed (almost) every game from MAME, SNES, Super Famicom, NES, Famicom, PC Engine, Turbografx, >250 PSX games, Gameboy and Gameboy Color, Gameboy Advanced.

To upgrade to a 400GB SD Card, I had to learn how to install a Virtual Machine to get Ubuntu installed to resize the card, which went more smooth than I can believe, but it was worth it. Damn, I am loving the Clockworkpi, especially the native 240p screen, everything looks so sweet, if you look closely it even has scanlines.

Sir I cannot take your list seriously you did not add JackieChan Action KungFu to you NES list you are missing out! :wink:

How much space of your MSD card did you actually use? And if you have that many games I bet you wish there was a way to search through games much easier, like by letter or something haha

I used it all, I wish there was more space but you can’t readily get anything micro sd card >400Gb, the next step up is 512Gb and that costs a ridiculous amounts of money!!

All the many PSX games took up most of the space and scrolling the games in PSCX is pretty fast so no biggie. Also the “favorites” function for all the other systems is a life saver for scrolling through the games.

I had so many PSX games in there that I left MAME out, I didn’t like that there was no actual way to get names to the MAME zip files easily. Browser through a zillion MAME zip files was extremely stupid. That needs fixing that’s for sure. I will have to be more selective with MAME games I think. I think the OP’s MAME selection is an excellent selection. I might look at some concised pre-made MAME game collection that was made for smaller 4-8Gb SD Cards for the retro-pi, so I don’t have to select the games myself.

Update I made this list of some of the best MAME games for anyone too lazy to do it themselves, its got a good variety of different styles of games. I haven’t tested them all yet, but its a good basis for your personal list.

3wondersh.zip
1944.zip
aliens.zip
astdelux.zip
atetris.zip
blktiger.zip
bloodbro.zip
bombjack.zip
bubblemu.zip
bublbob2.zip
bublbobl.zip
bubsymphj.zip
burningf.zip
bwings.zip
captcomm.zip
contra.zip
dbreed.zip
ddtodu.zip
digdug.zip
dino.zip
dmnfrnt.zip
ffight.zip
galsnew.zip
gangwars.zip
ghoulsu.zip
gigawing.zip
gngt.zip
hharry.zip
hook.zip
kof97.zip
lastblad.zip
lastbld2.zip
loht.zip
maniacsp.zip
mario.zip
mk3.zip
mmatrix.zip
mslug.zip
mtwins.zip
neodrift.zip
outrun.zip
pang.zip
pbobblen.zip
popeye.zip
punisher.zip
rampage.zip
rastan.zip
rbisland.zip
robocop.zip
rtype.zip
rtype2.zip
rtypeleo.zip
shinobi.zip
slyspy.zip
snowbros.zip
ssf2t.zip
ssprint.zip
ssriders.zip
ssriders2.zip
strhoop.zip
superman.zip
svolly91.zip
tankfrce.zip
tmnt2a.zip
tnzs.zip
toki.zip
tumbleb.zip
wb3.zip
wbmlbg.zip
wboy.zip
willow.zip
xmvsf.zip

1 Like

I will probably start with some PlayStation stuff, I never actually played the Suikoden games so this is going to be my priority. I’ll have Tony Hawk Pro Skater 2 and Crash Bandicoot for when I need a break from Suikoden.
Then, will probably go Game Boy Advance with the Advance Wars series.

1 Like

I’m going to be replaying the Spyro and Crash Bandicoot trilogies, as well as TH Pro Skater 2 from the PS1 - I grew up playing them and would love to play again - I know there’s the remade/remastered versions for consoles, but the originals have their charm.

Otherwise I’m going for the RPGs I always wanted to play: Chrono Trigger (SNES), Secret of Mana (SNES), Vagrant Story (PSX), and Phantasy Star Series (SMG). Hopefully will be receiving my Gameshell early next week and have most of the games lined up and ready to go :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I’ve mostly just been playing with Pico-8 and TIC-80 at the moment. But I got the GameShell to make games more than to just play them.

I started porting my game system made using Mini2Dx over so now I can build games using Groovy.

1 Like