What games are you all planning on making?

Part of the appeal to the Game Shell isn’t just that it can play games, but that it’s an environment to make games on it as well. I’m sure some of you are planning on making some game, I’d like to hear what the community will be working on.

This thread can also serve as a place for other members of the community to find games made by the community and try them out themselves once the Game Shells are shipped.

Personally, I’m probably going to try and make a dungeon crawler or RPG using Pyglet in Python. I haven’t made a game in awhile, and I was hoping to use the Game Shell to help inspire me to make some more.

2 Likes

I’m currently in the early stages of developing a top down stealth game in the style of MGS3 with procedural level generation. Working with LÖVE so hoping it can run alright on the GameShell!

2 Likes

As a stretch goal, I’m thinking about a Magic: The Gathering and Pokemon hybrid. The player will control a priest avatar and will become familiar with spirits – saints, angels, gods, etc – in order to channel them against the clerics of competing deities. I’m thinking that witches could act as a kind of creep character, since witches have less power than the angels. [Malleus Maleficarum, Q.1 P.1] More realistically, I’m hoping to make a Missile Defense analog with a textural or thematic upgrade. Right now, I’m studying for a career change, so I’m hoping I’ll have enough time to do either!

20: A man, or woman, in whom there is a pythonical or divining spirit dying, let them die: they shall stone them. :innocent:

Our Druid friends were devoted students. They studied for decades, learning the oral traditions of their societies, their magic, their astrology. In Gaul, Caesar observed many Druid seminaries. These druids supposedly had the power to render themselves invisible, to cause death via magic spells, and to produce an enchanted sleep. It was an ancient attempt at using what today would be called nonlethal and stealth technologies. [The Psychic Battlefield , W. Adam Mandelbaum, pg. 20 ]

Just to be clear, this isn’t a stealth game. I’m not copying @McCarthy. It’s a game about priests, some of whom can channel magical forces in order to become invisible.

I will abide in your tabernacle for ever: I will trust in the covert of your wings. Selah. abide. Psalm 61:7

And these things, brethren, I have in a figure transferred to myself and to Apollos for your sakes; that ye might learn in us not to think of men above that which is written, that no one of you be puffed up for one against another. For who maketh thee to differ from another? and what has thou that thou didst not receive? now if you didst receive it, why doest thou glory, as if thou hadst not received it?

2 Likes

No idea, probably gathering dust or something like this. As this is a linux based device, if done properlym and not too power hungry, anything that run on a computer can be ported on it.

May port my NES emulator on it just for the fun (as it already run on Linux, not going to be a real challenge)

1 Like

I plan to build an arcade cabinet at some point so I’ll probably use the GameShell as a way to test homebrew arcade games on the go.

Probably gonna try to make a Polybius/Tempest game for the heck of it after I make a few test games to get a feel for it.

1 Like

I’ve mainly done UE4 and Unity games for android lately, but I’ve got some rpgmaker style game ideas kicking around that I’d love to do.
Not even remotely interested in learning yet another language (lua), so I’m hoping to find something that I can use as a decent toolkit for Pi/Gameshell.

Retro side scroller in Pico 8! :smiley:
Pico8+GS= a sexy combo

1 Like

I’ve just started working on a top-down crafting RPG, hopefully with procedural quests and home-building. Knowing my track record I’ll probably give up before getting too far into it though!

1 Like