4GLTE Speed test?

If anyone has the LTE model, could you post your speeds and carrier? I’m very interested in seeing how it performs.

Been having some issues with mine, but when it’s not causing problems, I’ve gotten up to 1 or 2 mbps on Verizon iirc

(will update with better stats later)

what your process for setting up a connection. i was able to see cell signals, but couldn’t connect. now i can add a gsm profile and i can see an option for connection, but lsusb/mmcli/nmcli all show mt modem on and ready to connect and shows the sim is authorized to connect. hell, even the sim provider can see the sim and device, but i have no way to connect to a network and use it. 0.00Gb/5Gb data used on my plan and it expires in a couple weeks!

I’m assuming its not a plug-and-play on the 4g. This might be tough for me. lol.

Apologies for the delay. At about 55% signal strength on Verizon, fast.com reports 720kbps, got up to 1mbps at one point.

That speed sounds soo wrong :-), LTE speed should be around (at least) 20-30MBit/s… Where are you located?

BFE, New York :stuck_out_tongue:

I think the antenna is a bit weak, that or I was connected to 3G for reasons :tm:.
I think that reading was at home, at school (concrete on all sides except for the occasional window) I’ve gotten up to ~2.4-2.5mbps.

How are you getting it to work on Verizon? I went to my local Verizon office and they looked up the IMEI and told me they won’t be able to activate service for my device.

It’s not in their database of supported devices

I went through this with my unsupported phone with Verizon… had to submit a ~network access request~ with a Verizon engineer… in my case atleast… hopefully that has opened up a bit in 3 years… after a year I switched to t-mobile anyway… t-mobile didn’t even care just told me “sure, we will activated it… even if the system says it won’t work” and it works fine…

1 Like

I ended up ordering a SixFab SIMcard. I don’t expect to make calls, exchange SMS messages, or dialup to locations. Although that would be pretty cool to dial into some old school landline BBS that might exist somewhere over a cellular network. I think I’ll try with just data only for now.

i just put the SIM in (had already been using it on other devices)

maybe i accidentally bypassed some network stuff?