A04 -- Time for the HDMI fix -- GOOD NEWS

For starters, I love my a04 … even though the paint on the keys won’ survive a month, the plastic bottom and top case both seems to be thermoplastic ( they are bending with temperature) … I love the little, a so handy DevTerm. I understand that the team is small etc etc but …

What I don’t understand … where is the fix for the HDMI output … this is a basic functionality and should work. And since it doesn’t … should be addressed asap. Some form of communication from the devs would be welcome …

Might be good to email support. Maybe @AlexDuan has thoughts…

It’s also possible that the community efforts around Manjaro/Arch ports will solve this problem (maybe even before the official OS does). I have an A06 and it seems that the focus has mostly been on it for the community ports, but I think they plan to have the OS working on both A04 and A06 devices. And the current working Manjaro versions for A06 already fix some issues in the official OS. (In the past, the Gameshell went a similar way, with the community built and customized OSes providing better or more stable/comprehensive functionality than the official OS.)

While it’s troubling at first, the hardware ClockworkPi provides is quite good, it’s just the software side that seems to be lacking. But if we’re lucky, someone comes along with the time and skills to fill in some of the gaps, assuming they share info after they solve the problem for their own device.

1 Like

Might be good to email support.

Indeed, it just did. I hope HAL and consorts fix this issue quickly, quite frankly, they have to.

Support replied:

They are working on it and the solution will be packed in the next update.

No indication however when the next update will be.

Still, good news …

and the indication is 2/1/2 weeks …

and the indication is 2/1/2 weeks …

still waiting…

Quite frankly, the communication from the dev isn’t up to par. This just isn’t good enough.

1 Like

still no news? :smiling_face_with_tear::smiling_face_with_tear::smiling_face_with_tear::smiling_face_with_tear::smiling_face_with_tear::smiling_face_with_tear::smiling_face_with_tear::smiling_face_with_tear::smiling_face_with_tear:

1 Like

At this point it is safe to assume that there never will be a fix.

1 Like