About shipment of the new batch of DT and GS

Hey guys, it’s been a long time.
Last a few weeks was crazy. A lot of parts came in, as well as the orders.
Your support has lifted us to another level. I can’t thank you enough for that.
Now, as promised before, the shipping process is now ongoing. We are organizing the orders and meanwhile the factory is packing the products.
We also have arranged the express service with our shipping partner. But there’s an issue, or a potential delay, if unlucky.
As some of you may have picked from media or online, there’s a serious pandemic taking place in Hongkong, where our products are supposed to get on cargo flights.
The international express service seems not disturbed so far, but the real problem is, we use trucks to carry the packages from Shenzhen to Hongkong. These trucks are specially licensed, so there isn’t many. And more than a dozen of these truck drivers are now found infected.
It is a very important transportation service, so the goverment hasn’t shut it down yet. And we hope things wouldn’t go that far. But if it happens, it will certainly slow us down.
However, please do not worry too much. We’ve asked our shipping partner to provide other ways. It may take some time, because when it comes to exportation, there’s always limits. But we’ll have it solved, as always.
*****************April 13rd update
We’ve shipped a new batch of GameShells to our shipping partner.
Shipping process has begun, I expect the tracking numbers to come in a few days.
That being said, international express service is still a mess, due to COVID-19 pandemic in China. The goverment asks the carriers to spend more time on sterilizing the parcels. The whole process may take longer than usual, and the carrier may have to deal with our shipping request in batches.
I understand that you guys have been extremly patient, but please wait a little longer if your order isn’t in the first batch that they process.
And I totally understand if you want a refund even at this moment. It’s been too long. Please contact alex@clockworkpi.com for assistance. Do not issue a PayPal or Stripe case too fast, it would slow down the refund process as they may hold the money for investigation.

****************April 19th update
Like we were told before, some parcels of the GameShell batch has been delayed. They didn’t have enough shipping capacity, due to COVID pandemic.
If your GameShell order has overdued, and the tracking number has yet to come, then it must be one of those delayed parcel.
We are sorry for the situation, but there isn’t much we can do. All we can do is to speed up, to match the deadline.
Therefore, a new batch of DevTerms is going to be shipped in short. I’m organizing the orders now, and has already told the factory to start packing process.
Hope this time thing can be on our side.
****************April 24th update
The rest GameShells of last batch are now during processing. Tracking numbers can arrive any day. I’ll upload as soon as I have them.
Shipping is still not at peak speed. COVID pandemic is a mess these days. A 10-day-waiting was definitely nonsense in the past, now it’s just normal. I’ve contacted our shipping partner dozens of times, they’ve been polite, but couldn’t offer any useful assistance. I think we just need to give it more time.
Thank you.
****************May 21st update
Hi guys, good news: the first batch of DevTerm RISC-V version has been sent to our shipping partner. I expect the tracking numbers to come in a few days. Also, most of the RISC-V core orders has been sent, too.
We’ve already asked the manufacturer to pack the next batch of DevTerm, will be A06s and R01s.

7 Likes

What about the China Mainland?I’m in Shanghai right now,will the oders from Shanghai be affected?
还有请问大陆的物流是直接发快递吗?

1 Like

请问中国浙江省杭州市的订单准备什么时候发送?

1 Like

I’m in the same situation, when will you guys be able to ship products within mainland China?

既然是中国大陆生产的,那国内订单能不能直接国内快递发货呢?

1 Like

It’s been almost 80 business days since I placed my order for a games. Almost a month since this post.

I still haven’t seen a single update about shipping. Even this doesn’t provide any details on delays, just “everything is fine but could not be later”. Just got an email about a new product launch though!

Like seriously, where’s the communication? Where’s my order?

3 Likes

I’m sorry to tell you guys that due to the current pandemic of COVID-19, our manufacturer has to be shut down for a few days.

China is dealing with the strongest wave of pendamic since the first wave in Wuhan, 2019. The central goverment and local goverment have issued a set of special rules, including temporary shutting down inessential businesses. International express service has also been shut down.

We hope that we have your understandings at this moment.

We will keep in touch with our manufacturer and shipping service. The production and shipping process will come back online once the special rules expire.

1 Like

Hey guys, as some of you have heard, we’ve been trying to find a new way to ship, since the old ways have been shut down.
We’ve found one. But it’s a small company, it can only delivery to a few European countries.
We managed to send 50 DevTerms to them before the lock down in Shenzhen, and now I have the tracking numbers. I’ll upload later.
To the rest of you guys, I’m so sorry that we couldn’t do more. It was all in a rush. It’s a new way of shipping, we never sent any kit like this before, so we can not have them to ship all the packages.
On the other hand, in the past experiences, the lock down would last 1 to 2 weeks. And it has been almost 1 week. So the delay shouldn’t be too much longer. But I can’t make any promise right now, because the current wave of pendemic is the strongest wave since the first wave in Wuhan, 2019.
We will keep in touch with our manufacturer and our shipping partner. The process will be back online when the policy is changed.

…………updated on 1st April (NOT JOKE)……
A new batch of DevTerms has been shipped to carrier. Next batch will be GameShells. They are during packing at this moment. Our manufacturer has just recovered from a COVID-19 lock down. Now they are working double time so we can arrange a shipping window likely in next week.

3 Likes

what about mainland china? :smiling_face_with_tear:

@vergil, @gaigeshen, @xins1013 no Chinese conversation in the main part of the forum. Thank you.

thanks for sharing this information

Hi Alex!

It’s been another two weeks since this last update; do you have an idea of where everyone/everything’s at?

A new batch of DevTerms has been shipped to carrier. Next batch will be GameShells. They are during packing at this moment. Our manufacturer has just recovered from a COVID-19 lock down. Now they are working double time so we can arrange a shipping window likely in next week.
email to alex@clockworkpi.com with your order number I can check if your order is in that batch. If you placed your order before March then it’s definitely in.

5 Likes

OMG!YEAH!!Thanks for sharing it!!

Thanks for keeping us up to date, even if the news is just “no news” it’s nice to be kept in the loop. Thanks for your neat gadgets and your thoughtful work talking to us in the community!

Hi again Alex,

Do you have any idea on how your manufacturer is doing COVID-wise?

It’s now been almost two weeks since we were told a shipping window would likely be arranged before the last week.

My GameShell order number is 16211. I also recently made a DevTerm purchase, order number 17734. Will I be waiting ~4 months for this device, also?

I feel bad for spamming you with requests for updates, but please understand we were told to expect it within 60 days, and it has now been more than 4 months.

Thank you for communicating with us, mate. We appreciate it!

1 Like

We’ve shipped a new batch of GameShells to our shipping partner.
Shipping process has begun, I expect the tracking numbers to come in a few days.
That being said, international express service is still a mess, due to COVID-19 pandemic in China. The goverment asks the carriers to spend more time on sterilizing the parcels. The whole process may take longer than usual, and the carrier may have to deal with our shipping request in batches.
I understand that you guys have been extremly patient, but please wait a little longer if your order isn’t in the first batch that they process.
And I totally understand if you want a refund even at this moment. It’s been too long. Please contact alex@clockworkpi.com for assistance. Do not issue a PayPal or Stripe case too fast, it would slow down the refund process as they may hold the money for investigation.

1 Like

its been 60 days and no update on my DT…
no update from CPi
when ship?
or did they cancel my order without my permission? again?

So mine came in right around 80 or so days… they say 60, but one, they mean Business days (so discount all weekends & holidays from that count). Plus lockdowns for Covid in China are pretty severe.

O ordered mine in early March, got it about a week ago. You won’t hear a damned thing from them till it ships… then you’ll just get a shipping notice. And you’ll likely get the shipping notice first from the shipping company.

Get my GS today! :smile:It’s been 4 months,finally.