An alternative to RPI CM4 Adapter?

Look at this form Waveshare. Is that an alternative to the RPI CM4 Adapter?

I don’t know if the cpi 3.14 board is pinned out the same as a cm3 board, but maybe? Big if true

Looks like it is. Very cool

Yes, You can use CM3 on DevTerm.

So I guess they should be the same, and it costs 78CNY on Taobao.

I am using the CM3 with the DevTerm. I think it works just fine. I ordered the uConsole with the R-01 processor. Battery life is more important than performance, I mostly ssh into other machines and run a few light custom programs on it.

You can read this.

3 Likes

You can try the raspberry pi CM4s

I am running the CM4S in my uConsole. WiFi and Bluetooth don’t work, but the rest is fine. I just use an extern WiFi dongle. No BT. I picked up a dual USB dongle, but that doesn’t seem to be supported.

There should be a wifi/bt module on the mainboard (not som). Make sure you connect your antenna there and go through the proper steps to initialize it. It should work.

There is, but the CM4 software doesn’t seem to support it. I am using the CM4S module and that might also impact things.

I bought this board and a CM4 (no emmc) and sadly it did not work.

if you compare the schematics, the waveshare GPIO pins are mapped differently. could probably be fixed in software. I just have no idea where those are defined, and what they are used for on the device itself. I have a suspicion at least the display. and that would mean modifying the kernel patches?

ps: I tried it on the devterm with the devterm CM4 image, and the screen just flickers on and off quite fast. no good.