Announcing the 2nd Clockwork Game Jam Event (2019Q2)

Looks like we already have enough number of votes.
Let’s end voting on Aug. 15th.

2 Likes

The voting has ended, but the results seem unchanged from the initial judging. @Cecilectomy 's game is still not on the leaderboards.

According to the results page, “37 ratings were given to 4 entries (80%)” and “the average number of ratings per game was 7.4 and the median was 1.”

As mentioned earlier, every submission had at least 6 votes, so I am not sure why only 80% of the entries were accounted for or why the median number of ratings was 1.

I am not sure what went wrong, but it does not seem fair to everyone to just leave the results as is. Hopefully this is just an oversight and can be fixed somewhere in the itch game jam’s settings.

Yeah. Looks like it’s mixing the statistics from the first voting period and the second. the 4 entries (80%) was from the first voting, and the 37 votes, 7.4 average and median 1 was from second round of voting.
Also the overall rank breakdowns don’t seem to have changed from the first round of voting.

using itch is useless … judges must publicly rate & comment each entries here

I wouldn’t say itch is useless. I would put this more on user / administrative error than itch. It wasn’t set up correctly and has been extended like 3 times and had 2 voting periods. It’s not surprising itch is having trouble determining wtf it should do with the results.

Also, all the votes are already cast, no need to make everyone re-vote. If needed they can just tally everything up by hand and report here what the results ACTUALLY were.

It’s getting a bit tiring at this point, but I just want to know how myself, and everyone else did. I mean the 3rd game jam starts in a 9 days, and we are still waiting on the 2nd one? Come on.

1 Like

Has anyone contacted itch.io’s admin?

I think jam admins should do so?

1 Like

I have reported the voting issue to itch.io, hopefully they will be able to fix it.

1 Like

The results are all up,

5 entries were submitted between April 21st 2019 at 3:59 AM and July 1st 2019 at 3:59 AM. 37 ratings were given to 5 entries (100%) between July 1st 2019 at 3:59 AMand Yesterday at 3:59 AM. The average number of ratings per game was 7.4 and the median was 7 .

2 Likes

Congrats to everyone!
Get ready for Q3! August 24th!! :stuck_out_tongue:

PS: Most of the ranking categories are pretty self explanatory, but I still do not understand what “Innovation and Technology Application” means? I had trouble giving a rating for this and don’t understand what a high or low score in this category means? No one really did “well” in this category, with everyone averaging less than 3 except for Omamori. As for the first game jam, ratings for this category were all over the place, high for games I wouldn’t call innovative, and low for games that weren’t exactly uninspired. What did everyone interpret this as? And can we get clarification on what it actually means so it can be better used as a ranking?

PPS: Also, why is there an ‘Overall’ category? Itch already determines an Overall score based on the categories rankings. Seems like extraneous categories.

Yeah Itch has too many categories, I would say it would be nicer to have a voting system outside itch, clockwork pi own voting system

The categories are specified by the jam hosts though, not itch. When you create a jam, you add/create the categories specific to your jam. I wouldn’t be opposed to using a voting system that isn’t itch, but I don’t think itch is really the problem. It actually makes it really convenient, it just needs to be utilized properly.

Can CPI points be used to exchange the DEOT version of the gameshell(https://alioss.gcores.com/site/deot/index.html)?

When will we be given the CPI points? The 3rd game jam is starting soon.

Final results announced:
Thank you all for your participation!
:trophy:TOP1: :1st_place_medal:Let’s looking forward to the BEST ONE in Q3 Game Jam!:1st_place_medal:
:trophy:TOP2: https://dazel.itch.io/omamori
:trophy:TOP3: https://pixbits.itch.io/dungeon-parkour
:trophy:TOP3: https://team-am-squared.itch.io/diner-mafia
:trophy:TOP3: https://cecilectomy.itch.io/ruine

Congratulations for all Game Jam award winners! :trophy::medal_sports::2nd_place_medal::3rd_place_medal:

All award recipients must provide us an address for Ethereum-supported digital wallet. Pls. PM me or email yong (at) clockworkpi.com
We will send your CPI Points award to your digital wallet directly.

Currently, usage for CPI Points are:

• Exchage for current ClockworkPi product, e.g. current GameShell cost 200 PTS each.
  • Save as investment for future value appreciation based on ClockworkPi project growth potentials.
  • Exchage for future ClockworkPi products and special accessaries and souvenir merchandise.
4 Likes

Yes. You can if you want to exchange for the DEOT version.

What does “:trophy:TOP1: :1st_place_medal:Let’s looking forward to the BEST ONE in Q3 Game Jam!:1st_place_medal:” mean?

It was said for the 1st game jam too regarding the 2nd one. There’s no 1st place? Why?

2 Likes

Good question. Thanks for asking.

Since Q1 Game Jam, we want to set a high standard for our TOP1 award. For example, Omamori in Q2 is a really nice game, which ranked 1st place by our judges in almost all criteria but Gameplay, if we could see a more complete version of this game with the best Gameplay, we would not hesitate to give a TOP1 award.

1 Like

So this applies to the CPI points?

So how are the prizes divvied up? Do all third place winners get 1000pts each, or do we split 1000pts for 333.33 each?

Any immediate recommendations on “Ethereum-supported digital wallet” for those of us who do not have one or have ever used one?

1 Like