Announcing the 2nd Clockwork Game Jam Event (2019Q2)

I created a ethereum wallet using myetherwallet

Looking into using that to create a wallet, however I am seeing a lot about transactions requiring fees in Ethereum.

If we want to use our CPI points (ERC-20 compatible tokens), we also have to have ETH to account for transaction fees?

1 Like

Anyway i hope is 1000 pt each

Yes. It will be 1000 pt each.

2 Likes

I see, but here comes a problem:
I didnā€™t see this ā€œruleā€ stated anywhere before, and anyhow, a judgement like this is very arbitrary and apparently makes no sense.
What if for example other jam games have very good gameplay, the 1st place too, but slightly lower, it is not elegible to be ranked 1st anymore? The overall ranking could make more sense.

What do you mean with ā€œif we could see a more complete version of this gameā€¦ā€?
A post-jam version?

4 Likes

I agree. There is very little point to have a 1st place prize if no one ever wins it, except for at the discretion of the hosts. What qualifies a ā€œTOP1ā€ winner? Typically that would be whatever game was the best ranked overall in the competition, regardless of actual quality.

Hopefully Q3, being run with a partner, will go smoother and have a much more pleasing easily accessible approach. Cut back on extraneous categories like ā€œOverallā€ (which should be calculated, and IS by itch), and explain other categories that are not quite apparent what they mean. Use the ranking order of the final results, donā€™t make arbitrary winner choices (that defeats the purpose of the ranking / voting in the first place).

If you have prizes you donā€™t intend on handing out very often, turn it into a bonus or something. Award 1st 2nd and 3rd (and adjust the prizes if needed), and if the jam had some exceptional entries add on an extra ā€œExceptionalā€ or ā€œOutstandingā€ award bonus or something. Not giving out 1st just seems weird. I think about it this way, if you run a race and get 1st you are awarded 1st along with whatever accolades and prizes are associated. The judges donā€™t say, ā€œwell you didnā€™t really run that well, you get 2ndā€. That just leaves a bitter taste.

As a note, none of this is really a complaint from me, so I hope it doesnā€™t come off as such. It is more feedback for improvement.

3 Likes

Iā€™m sorry if missing the TOP1 winner causes confusion. We only meant to set a high bar. I think @Cecilectomy gave a lot of great feedback for improvement, we are considering to modify the rules and process for future Game Jam, new rules will be posted here for discussion.
@Samdze, I agree our current judgement is a liitle arbitrary, we will try to make the process more open and transparent. We like Omamori very very much, a post-jam version would be really nice to have.

All award recipients, if you have not done so, please provide us an address for Ethereum-supported digital wallet. If you wish to exchange CPI points for GameShells, please PM or email me your shipping address, and number of points to use.

CPI points has been sent to the digital wallet you provided, for the record, please send back the points you wish to be exchanged for GameShells. All award winners, @Samdze @PIXbits @Cecilectomy @Team_AM_Squared, please also confirm the colors and numbers of GameShells you want to receive, by replying to this post.

2 Likes

Does anyone know how to buy 0.001 ETH for transaction fee(gas)? Somewhere between $10-20 dollars is my limit since I never use Ethereum.

In ebay I found 0.05 ETH for 15 ā‚¬

Iā€™d like to exhange all my points for 5 GameShells.
Preferably the colors listed below, but anything will do.

• 2 Red
  • 2 Yellow
  • 1 White

Iā€™ve transferred all my CPI Points back to the address they were initially sent to.

Here are the colors and numbers of GameShells you want to receive:

• Omamori: @Samdze, 1 White, 2 Yellow, 1 Red.
  • Dungeon Parkour: @PIXbits, 2 yellow, 1 white, 1 red, and 1 DEOT version
  • Diner Mafia: @Team_AM_Squared, 2 reds, 2 yellows, and 1 white
  • Ruine: @Cecilectomy, 1 White, 2 Red, 1 Yellow, 1 DEOT version

You may want to save some more CPI points as great investment, and to exchange for our future products, but itā€™s all totally up to you. We will send out your reward GameShells next week.

Iā€™ll need to get some eth to transfer back the points, Iā€™ll do that this week asap.
@yong Just transfer back to the same address they came from?

Yes. Thatā€™s correct.

I donā€™t know if Iā€™ll be able to get the eth needed before the next week.
This can be very annoying for a person who has never used cryptocurrencies.
Iā€™ll send back the CPI Points as soon as possible.

Seems like for winners that just want to receive all their winnings in GameShell devices, the transfer back and forth of etherium is not really needed? Maybe for the next Game Jam that step can be skipped. Obviously, if a winner wanted to keep the currency/points then it would make sense to still do it that way, but seems like so far most winners donā€™t. Offering it as a choice seems to be less hassle for everyone.

3 Likes

Sorry for the trouble. The idea of this transfer back and forth is to keep a record in the blockchain, plus some winners would like to keep some CPI points for future.

Done. 800 CPI Points transferred back to the address they were sent from.
Thanks to @Team_AM_Squared!

I am super new to this whole cryptocurrency thing. Just want to make sure I am doing it right. I am using MEW for my ETH wallet and to manage transactions. I have added the CPI custom token contract and am preparing the CPI tokens transaction back to the originating address.

My question is what do I put / what did everyone else put for the gas limit? From my reading, if this isnā€™t high enough, the transaction wonā€™t complete and will just disappear?