Bookworm 6.1.21 DevTerm/uConsole

Might have to update my uconsole, do you have a github with this image on

Not yet ill throw it up now. I’ll add the link when if finishes.
Github tells me it’s to damn big.

Thanks for your contributions Rex! The panel switch would be in config.txt in boot partition after install, correct?

1 Like

Also when you say external antenna, (I have mine hooked to the pi cm4 and it’s been functioning well on official image) or is it the antenna port on mainboard?

Correct after you flash before you boot it in your uConsole change it in the boot partition. Yes I’m talking about the antenna port on the cm4.
The cm4 can’t access the antenna port on the main board.

Thank you very much. Is anything still on your todo list or is this feature complete?

Testing, I don’t have a uConsole yet. Damn wait 🫨 my DevTerm is working good. Just haven’t tested the printer yet. Brightness control is the only thing I don’t think is working. If you find anything let me know, and what you did about it and I’ll fix the image.

Edit: I’ve dated the image and put the kernel in the name to track if I make something newer

can you upload your exact .config for the kernel? Then i’ll try to fix the backlight issue.

This is from my DevTerm I’m posting from.

disable_overscan=1
dtparam=audio=on
[pi4]
max_framebuffers=2

[all]
ignore_lcd=1
dtoverlay=dwc2,dr_mode=host
dtoverlay=vc4-kms-v3d-pi4,cma-384
dtoverlay=devterm-pmu
dtoverlay=devterm-panel 
#dtoverlay=devterm-panel-uc
dtoverlay=devterm-misc
dtoverlay=audremap,pins_12_13

dtparam=spi=on
gpio=10=ip,np

dtparam=ant2

##Comment out the panel not needed in [all]
##devterm-panel # DevTerm panel
##devterm-panel-uc # uConsole panel

If you got a DevTerm and a uConsole you can switch the SD card back and forth as long as you comment out the right panel.
I don’t know how much the GUI would like that though :crazy_face:

sorry i meant the .config, the compile configuration :slight_smile:

@yatli compiled the kernel, I just wrapped it up and put a bow on it.
My cm4 in a io board is my fastest computer :cry: so I try not to compile stuff if I don’t have to.

oh okay.
fyi: i got it installed on the emmc, it works as long as you dont use the raspberry imager. Brightness Control doesnt work so far, but i think its not a problem with the kernel but a configuration / application error.

So a thumbs up on your image.

@yatli may i ask you for your kernel .config file you used, just so i dont compile something that breaks anything else you had in mind? i would like to add some kernel patches to it and still make it compatible with your arch build and this bookworm image.

I installed the image with raspberry imager and it wasn’t working at first, tried again same thing, but third time I told it not to apply my personalization settings, ie username/ wifi, etc and just installed vanilla image and it works a charm. also my brightness controls are working but I did install kde-plasma-desktop as my DE and maybe it changed some bindings that are causing it to work. I did also previously do the keyboard firmware upgrade from clockworkpi’s github.

Good to know you can’t use the rpi imager, I’ll add that to OP to let others know. I’ll have to mess around more with it tonight.

RPI imager worked for me, It just didn’t the first time because I had it set to automatically apply my personalization settings such as username, password, wifi, etc. removing those and it would fully boot and was performing as expected.

That’s what I put in the notes of the original post.

could you please share how to fix brightness control locally?

i did it with brightnessctl, but this tool needs to be bound, which i did with another window manager. but it works.

also i went to kde - also started to work

the only thing is annoying that on plasma login screen is rotated, while after login all is fine and correct. any idea how to fix it?