Can't upload PICO-8 Carts

Hi there.

I’ve been following some comments on other topics about how to manually upload PICO-8 carts to the GameShell, but the suggested directory to upload the carts to (~/.lexaloffle/pico-8/carts) does not exist in my device. If this directory doesn’t exist in my device, where do I upload my carts to?

To add, in case it is necessary for helping me, my device’s version is 1.24. Also, I installed PICO-8 by simply placing the zip file into the home/cpi/games/PICO-8 directory and letting the file unzip itself.

Thanks!

It does appear that the directory does exist at /home/cpi/.lexaloffle/pico-8/carts once PICO-8 has been installed and run. Do an ls -a ~ to find the .lexaloffle directory.

You can change the carts folder default by editing /home/cpi/.lexaloffle/pico-8/config.txt to change root_path /home/cpi/.lexaloffle/pico-8/carts/ to something more convenient like root_path /home/cpi/games/PICO-8/carts/.

Found it! I had been using WinSCP to find the folder, and it turns out that a lot of my folders under /home/cpi/ were hidden for some reason. So, thanks for answering my stupid question lol!

Thats a UNIX feature, all file and folder starting with a dot are hidden folder.