Can't work on MAME

Haha! Don’t feel bad! That’s how people learn! Asking for help and giving help. :slight_smile:

Just in general, upgrading to clockwork OS 0.5 will save you having to do it later, after you have set things up. Might as well get it running on something you’ll be keeping for a while. It’s basically the same as 0.4, just with a working Lima/Mesa driver.

Right. So your bios is currently in the ~/apps/emulators/bios/ directory.
Try copying it to the same directory as your rom, ie ~/games/FBNeo/

So next thing to confirm. Is the fbneo_libretro.so in the ~/apps/emulators/ directory, and is it named exactly as you have typed it in the action.config file. Even down to capitalisation.

Which rom are you trying to run? Is it from the correct rom set? Some Roms just don’t run so you might have just gotten unlucky. You haven’t decompressed them or anything by chance? They should be kept as *.zip files, as expected by your action.config script.

Regarding Retroarch, have you made any modifications to the config file? If Retroarch doesn’t work, then you won’t have any luck making anything else work.
I have a pre made config file that I find works amazingly well, however it’s intended for a newer build of Retroarch 1.8.4, and depends upon the newer graphics drivers of clockwork os 0.5. Also try and load the rom from within Retroarch.

If you’re just using a stock config and haven’t touched it, while on 0.4, I should be able to flash a spare card and see where you’re coming from. But let me know first if you’re going to try using a newer image based on 0.5; just so I don’t waste too much of my time. ;).
I’ve got a custom image that I know for a fact should work, but possibly try the stock 0.5 first since that’s the official image.

Let me know what you decide. I’ll look into it tomorrow.