Custom D.E.O.T. V2.0+/Clockwork OS v0.5 image - With customised DEOT interface, Kernel 5.7, Optional 1400MHz OC, Debian 10 Buster, Retroarch 1.9.0, Mupen64+ plus more! (Current build: 200903)

It keeps me busy, and makes me happy, knowing that other people are learning things! :smiley:
Iā€™m just trying to spread the happiness, I guess and hopefully explain it in the most human way possible.

Also, if it helps to encourage people to come and stay, and help each other more, it can only mean more advancement in the development of the system!

IN OTHER NEWS! - Iā€™ve also been messing around with Retroarch 1.8.5. My goodness itā€™s BEAUTIFUL! Theyā€™ve fixed up the scaling for the Menu Drivers across the board. Well, besides the official Theme: Ozone. I love it, but I also like reading micro text. Itā€™s hard to read for most people, and probably not the best to keep as a standard.
There are also battery meters that work well with the newer kernels built in. Iā€™ll definitely be including that in the next build.

Another thing Iā€™m thinking. Including a script that you can run in order to update retroarch yourself. This would possibly also involve having to have a separate script to make a swapfile.
Anyway, here are a few simple scripts. Stupidly simple.

Copy them to the Utils directory, and give them the 755 executable bit (chmod +x).

I actually (stupidly) ran the retroarch update script from the gameshell, just to see if it works. In short, yes it does. But I have made it so simplistic that there isnā€™t even any verbal printing to the screen anythingā€™s happening; just a static ā€œProjectingā€ png that doesnā€™t change. You have to sit there waiting for about an hour or more, until it decides to reboot.

Hereā€™s the script fwiw:

#!/bin/bash

git clone https://github.com/libretro/RetroArch.git retroarch
cd retroarch
./configure
make -j2
sudo make install
cd ..
sudo rm -r retroarch/
sudo reboot

The swapfile script is basically this one:

Iā€™ll test it out a bit more meantime.