Custom D.E.O.T. V2.0+/Clockwork OS v0.5 image - With customised DEOT interface, Kernel 5.7, Optional 1400MHz OC, Debian 10 Buster, Retroarch 1.9.0, Mupen64+ plus more! (Current build: 200903)

What’s inside the Blood directory, ie is there a Blood.sh file?
It sounds like the file isn’t there!

Double check by running this:

sudo nano /home/cpi/apps/Menu/Blood/Blood.sh

It should contain this:

./nblood -nosetup

Just to test things, try running exactly that.

cd /home/cpi/games/Blood ./nblood -nosetup

I put some pics…

imagen

imagen

WHOOPS SORRY! MADE SOME MISTAKES IN MY PREVIOUS POSTS! AHH! I just got home from work. Too tired to function.

Ahem.

Try typing this:

cd /home/cpi/games/Blood
./nblood -nosetup

(Edit: Argh, even though I typed it right, it formatted it stupidly - I AM SO SORRY!!)

And also this:

export DISPLAY=:0
cd /home/cpi/apps/Menu/Blood
./Blood.sh

I tried both, but I don’t know if I’m doing it wrong :sweat:

imagen

1 Like

I will get back to you later! I need to a bunch of admin stuff for work… while not at work. Ugh. Changes in work infrastructure is EVIL. Sorry!! Time is so limited!

Yes of course no problem, thanks :slight_smile:

1 Like

man i dont know how you do it but we appreciate it…i swear everytime im on here youre taking care of us… thank you.

1 Like

Right! The first part, there’s only a space between the two commands. There needs to be an actual break, or an &&.
Omg, I made a mistake. I was in such a rush doing too many things at once. ARGH I AM SO SORRY!

cd /home/cpi/games/Blood && ./nblood -nosetup

OR

cd /home/cpi/games/Blood  
./nblood -nosetup

Although, looking at the second one! Error loading shared libraries. Was this something that didn’t happen in a previous release?
Just looking up the missing lib; libvpx.so.4, I found this:
https://packages.debian.org/search?keywords=libvpx

Perhaps try install the libraries, which are included in the following:

sudo apt-get install libvpx-dev

Let me know how you go! And again, I apologise for all the stupid syntax errors I was typing earlier!

Pro tip: Don’t try and juggle responding to a million emails, phone calls, and working out time sheets, and virtual conferencing at the same time. It’s a BAD TIME! (it will be better once it’s all calmed down!!)

It keeps me busy, and makes me happy, knowing that other people are learning things! :smiley:
I’m just trying to spread the happiness, I guess and hopefully explain it in the most human way possible.

Also, if it helps to encourage people to come and stay, and help each other more, it can only mean more advancement in the development of the system!

IN OTHER NEWS! - I’ve also been messing around with Retroarch 1.8.5. My goodness it’s BEAUTIFUL! They’ve fixed up the scaling for the Menu Drivers across the board. Well, besides the official Theme: Ozone. I love it, but I also like reading micro text. It’s hard to read for most people, and probably not the best to keep as a standard.
There are also battery meters that work well with the newer kernels built in. I’ll definitely be including that in the next build.

Another thing I’m thinking. Including a script that you can run in order to update retroarch yourself. This would possibly also involve having to have a separate script to make a swapfile.
Anyway, here are a few simple scripts. Stupidly simple.

Copy them to the Utils directory, and give them the 755 executable bit (chmod +x).

I actually (stupidly) ran the retroarch update script from the gameshell, just to see if it works. In short, yes it does. But I have made it so simplistic that there isn’t even any verbal printing to the screen anything’s happening; just a static “Projecting” png that doesn’t change. You have to sit there waiting for about an hour or more, until it decides to reboot.

Here’s the script fwiw:

#!/bin/bash

git clone https://github.com/libretro/RetroArch.git retroarch
cd retroarch
./configure
make -j2
sudo make install
cd ..
sudo rm -r retroarch/
sudo reboot

The swapfile script is basically this one:

I’ll test it out a bit more meantime.

hehe ok I did install them, this image is from the second time (I restarted) :pleading_face:

imagen

There is a new build?!? I gotta get on it

Not strictly speaking, unless you were just talking about the 200323 build.
There aren’t ever new builds that can’t be made yourself :smiley:
Re: the recent stuff, all I did was make a silly little script for people to automatically upgrade their Retroarch themselves, and ran it. That and another script to enable/disable a swapfile.
One thing I did discover, whenever you try and update retroarch using 4 cores, ie -j4, upon completion it causes a seg fault, and the gameshell refuses to boot. That’s with a swapfile. Without a swapfile, it just doesn’t complete.
Setting it to -j2 seems to work well without a swapfile. Lets just say that I’ve always been a bit dubious about using swapfiles on flash memory. But hey, sometimes you just gotta!

A thought. The file that it’s looking for, libvpx.so.4 is possibly an older version of a file.
There is a newer version in /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libvpx.so.4.1.0
Potentially, you could just make a copy of it, and rename it to libvpx.so.4, and it should find it. But ideally, should install whatever package includes it.

I tried to do it with the newer version that is in the folder (libvpx.so.5.0.0), but when I try to duplicate it or transfer to my pc, rename and transfer back, I just got permission denied :frowning:

Thank you for providing this custom OS, I managed to get the n64 emulator to work with this.
One question: I tried to use a custom skin (this one: https://github.com/domichal/GameSH-Theme-Greey) but it bricked the OS and I had to reflash. Is it not possible to use other skins with your version of the OS?

Thank you for your work!

Ahhh I knew this was going to haunt me.

Basically, read up the expanded portion of this post.

I had to do some hard changes to the settings pages for brightness and volume. The DEOT uses a filling gauge as opposed to a rotating knob. In order to use the customised gauges, I needed to change some files. It’s a simple fix, ie just a matter of returning the original files. I just wasn’t expecting people to need to use a custom skin this soon.

It’s 1:20am now, so I won’t be able to cook up a fix now, but after work tomorrow I’ll get something done. A small scripted fix or something similar. It won’t be hard. I actually never knew about this theme. Keep in mind however, you will have a lot of items that won’t have custom icons, since I added a lot of extra things.

You won’t be able to just do it with a GUI based drag and drop utility. You’ll need to use a command line, using a sudo cp “source/initialname” “destination/newname”, renaming the file in the process.

I’ve always done such processes with a command lined since doing things haphazardly with a mouse without deliberately typing the process is dangerous, especially with dealing with root libraries, and not as easy to trace your previous steps/commands. That said, I wonder if there is a GUI that can issue SU commands with a mouse? There must be, surely!

Ok, great!!! Now it’s working! Thanks!!!

So the steps are, after all the steps of the installation of the game, Blood, we have to do this (as you said, helping me :slight_smile: )

sudo apt-get install libvpx-dev

sudo cp /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libvpx.so.5.0.0 /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libvpx.so.4

With this, the game works!!
:clap: :clap: :clap:

1 Like

Thank! I’m actually beginning to really like your skin, so no rush :wink: I think I’ll just stick with it for now.

1 Like

@javelinface Talking now about the new option to put the cpu to 1400, is there a way to know if I’m in 1008 or 1400 after a restart or something? Because I’m always hitting 1400 after I start the console… everytime and I don’t know if is necesary or not :grimacing:

1 Like