Daphne / No Sound

feedback
community
tinkering
#1

I have been playing with Daphne to run Dragon’s Lair in my Gameshell, so far everything works great but I don’t have any audio. Initially I thought it was codecs but I can play ogg files from the console using ogg123.

This is the log when I run Dragon’s Lair:

–DAPHNE version 1.0.7
–Command line is: daphne lair vldp -framefile lair.txt -fullscreen -seek_frames_per_ms 20 -min_seek_delay 1000 -fastboot -cheat -useoverlaysb 0 -homedir /home/cpi/games/DAPHNE/roms/…
Setting alternate home dir:
/home/cpi/games/DAPHNE/roms/…
NOTE : Max seek delay disabled
NOTE : Min seek delay disabled
Framefile parse succeeded. Video/Audio directory is: /home/cpi/games/DAPHNE/roms/…/framefile/./
LDP-VLDP INFO : opening video file . . .
lair.m2v
YUV overlay is done in RetroArch.
Initializing sound system …
GI Sound chip initialized at 2000000 Hz
Loading compressed ROM image dl_f2_u1.bin…8192 bytes read.
Loading compressed ROM image dl_f2_u2.bin…8192 bytes read.
Loading compressed ROM image dl_f2_u3.bin…8192 bytes read.
Loading compressed ROM image dl_f2_u4.bin…8192 bytes read.
Play
LDP : disc is already playing, play command ignored
Play
Display disable received
Search to 323 receivedsearch succeeded d0
Play
Display disable received
Search to 306 receivedsearch succeeded d0
LDP NOTE: ignoring seek because we’re already on that frame
search succeeded d0
LDP NOTE: ignoring seek because we’re already on that frame
search succeeded d0
Search to 1424 receivedsearch succeeded d0
Play
Pause
cpu_set_event() : can’t find CPU, fix this!
Freeing memory used to store audio stream…
Shutting down sound system…
Shutting down video display…

Any help is welcome!
Thanks!

[Tutorial] Rebuilding Gameshell from Clean Install
#2

Any chance you can write up a quick tutorial on how to install Dragon’s Lair/Daphne. I’ve tried and failed miserably…

#3

I hope this can help you:

  1. Download daphne core from: http://buildbot.libretro.com/nightly/linux/armv7-neon-hf/latest/daphne_libretro.so.zip
  2. Unzip it
  3. sftp into your game shell (or scp)
  4. Copy the unzipped core into /home/cpi/apps/emulators
  5. Go to /home/cpi/apps/Menu/20_Retro Games
  6. Create a new folder and call it DAPHNE
  7. Inside the folder create a file called action.config and insert the following content in the file: ROM=/home/cpi/games/DAPHNE/roms ROM_SO=/home/cpi/apps/emulators/daphne_libretro.so EXT=zip LAUNCHER=retroarch -L TITLE=DAPHNE Roms SO_URL=http://buildbot.libretro.com/nightly/linux/armv7-neon-hf/latest/daphne_libretro.so.zip
  8. Go to /home/cpi/games
  9. Create a folder DAPHNE
  10. Follow this tutorial to copy the Dragon’s Lair Files https://youtu.be/WKkkwk74Arc?t=261
  11. Restart and try

There you are, good luck and let me know if I can help

#4

Thanks very much for the response. I’ll give it a shot when I receive my next my Gameshell order (kiddo took the last one to college)!

#5

Thanks for your help. Got Daphne installed and running but runs very slow and choppy. Also no sound like you mentioned. Will keep tweaking.

Thanks for your help.

#6

You can try downloading the source of Daphne and compiling it yourself That will fix the performance issue

#7

Thanks. I’ll give it a shot.

To clarify, do you mean compiling the source for the daphne core (e.g. source for daphne_libretro.so). I think I ran across a post on these forums on how to compile libretro cores :thinking:

I compiled daphne on linux years ago. As I recall it was quite a chore. I’m gonna give it a shot, tho…just wanna make sure I’m expending my energy in the right direction.

Thanks

#8

I followed your instructions, but am a bit confused as to how the zip file should be constructed. I have the 3 files: lair.m2v, lair.ogg & lair.txt in a folder titled, lair.daphne and that compressed into a file titled, lair.zip.

It try’s to launch, but just returns to the launcher…

EDIT: Never mind… It would probably be smart to watch the video to the end… :smiley:

Nope… Now, I have the rom file (lair.zip) from the Daphne rom folder in the rom folder on the GameShell… I also have the lair.daphne folder with the 3 files in the DAPHNE folder. Daphne sees it, tries to run it, but just exits to the Launcher…

#9

Okay… I partially succeeded in getting Daphne to run on GameShell… It loads. No sound and no parsing (has no idea where what is in the video file.).

In order to get it to run:

  • Copy the rom zip file (lair.zip) into the GS’s ~/games/DAPHNE/roms folder.
  • Copy the 3 files (lair.m2v, lair.ogg, lair.txt) from the vldp_dl/lair folder to GS’s ~/games/DAPHNE/lair.daphne
  • Duplicate the lair.txt file to ~/games/DAPHNE/framefile and change the 1st line to ../lair.daphne. This was necessary since DAPHNE doesn’t look where it should.
  • Finally copy the pics and sound folder from the PC’s Daphne folder into the GS’s ~/games/DAPHNE/ folder.

As a side note, creating an alias file with the Game’s name works just like it does in MAME!

Now if I could force it to parse, I would almost be in business!