DevTerm Production Status Update

this is a shining example of “concern trolling”

1 Like

Hey guys. There’s some NAKED DevTerm to share with you. HOT ISSUE!
Also, there’s some new details that I’d like to share with you guys as I promised.
The first batch is about to be packed. It should be sooner since we’d planed to ship in a few days. But the box maker made some mistakes, the samples didn’t seem good enough. But we’ve solved this little problem, and they’ve made other samples which are much better and ready for massive producing. Don’t worry, the process of massive producing won’t take long. One day maybe two after they received our confirmation.
And we’ve made contact with the carrier to secure the shipping window. As you may know, another pandemic of COIVD has taken place in China. Looks like we are gonna have to live with this terrible virus for a long time. We haven’t got any warning or notification so far, so we assume that shipping wouldn’t be a serious issue. However, to be completely honest as promised, I must admit that I personally have concerns about shipping during this new pandemic. So, I’ll get back with new details if there’s any new unexpected issue.
Fingers crossed.

19 Likes

yo, thank you all for the update. fingers crossed everything works out smoothly, all things considered!

Internatinal express has been a serious challenge since the COVID kicked in. You may not feel it strongly, but I’ve been in charge of this sort of things. My head hurts constantly :cry:

5 Likes

To the point where people have asked me if these pictures have been photoshopped actually. They don’t actually look real to some extent, probably the lighting.

International shipping is not a challenge for me but I bought a A04 model.

That’s the part where I got confused. Knowing that Guangdong(or Canton) provinceh as much less COVID cases than in the states, I thought shipping products from China to the U.S. wouldn’t be as restricted as shipping from the U.S. to China ¯_(ツ)_/¯ But I guess it just goes both ways…

The government of China is practicing a so-called “active defense” strategy. So once there’s a new pandemic, they’ll launch a bunch of restrictions. The delivery service, no matter domestic or international, no matter import or export, is one of the most concerned fields because it’s about moving things and people. The good news is that Canton hasn’t reported any new case yet. So, like I said, fingers crossed.

4 Likes

And don’t get it wrong. They won’t ban it. Just more things to pay attention to and more serious hygiene rules.

4 Likes

Good news is that A04 is during producing and things have been smooth.

5 Likes

@AlexDuan ClockworkPi have only 3 days left until the fulfilment of “Shipment of July, 2021”. Is that possible? or do we have to wait more?

that’s great! i hope you guys catch as many breaks as possible, it can’t be easy putting this kind of thing together.

2 Likes

Remember the time that all my coworkers work at home, except me the HaiZhu guy.

1 Like

I just wanted to say thank you very much @AlexDuan for the much increased communication lately. I hope I am speaking for everyone when I say that I think people’s health and safety should be a greater concern than immediate delivery of DevTerms. As long as I have an idea of what’s going on, I have no problem waiting a while longer. Stay safe and, I hope, keep letting us know how things are going!

17 Likes

I assume shipping is direct from manufacturer to recipient? the units are not going to a third country first, correct? selfishly, being in Singapore I hope my unit should arrive pretty soon after shipping if it’s coming from China.

1 Like

While we all wait, a fun terminal-esque hack spotted by hackaday: Classroom Surplus Becomes Linux Powerhouse | Hackaday

2 Likes

I appreciate the understanding, but not that serious though. I mean we’ve been dealing with COVID for a while, there’s some experience we can use now.

2 Likes

Not selfish at all. But all packages will have to get through the same customs😂.

2 Likes

Actually they are about to be packed and sent to the carrier.

6 Likes

Hahah, I’m situated in Malaysia myself. It’ll be relatively quick I bet when the orders start shipping!

I can’t say the same of the customs in MY country though… :sweat_smile: