DevTerm Production Status Update

@AlexDuan do you have a photo of a prototype A04 or A06 board? Genuinely curious about how they’re going to look. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

If I upgrade to A06 model would I get it as earlier as other A06 buyer?

2 Likes

Do the speakers installed in DevTerm have the same specifications as those used in GameShell?

1 Like

Looks amazing! Wow. The keys look nice and solid.

Now I need to decide between the A04 and the A06… hrmmmms :\ any suggestion guys?

1 Like

depends on what are you going to use the device for, do you want longer buttery life or more processing power?

2 Likes

Butter not included*

2 Likes

Discovered this recently and it seems I’m too late on the hype train. If I order in the next several days will my order counted as preorder? If not, when will it be delivered?

I can’t believe it('s not).

1 Like

Pencil for scale, no?

2 Likes

I shared some sources here:

Bottom line is I don’t think the A06 will be more power-consuming than the A04, at least not related to its computing power, and when idling it should be the same or even better if the OS is well-implemented. But I’m by no means an expert and could be wildly wrong.

4 Likes

Will the A06’s ship at the same time as the A04? Sry been out of the loop and haven’t seen much on the A06. Thanks!

1 Like

Great info. I might as well spend the extra few pennies and get the A604 - Thank you!

edit - my bad. They said the A06 first, then the A04.

I don’t really have a use for it, it’s just nostalgia really. But I guess if I get the A06 it’ll be future proofed for if I want to start swapping Os’s and running emulators. Cheers :slight_smile:

The first batch will be the CM3, then A06, then A04.
According to the manufacturer’s schedule, the A06 will be ready soon, so it will be shipped just a few days after the CM3, a couple of weeks tops. The A04 will take a little more time.

1 Like

I’ll ask my colleague to take a picture.

2 Likes

Yes they are the same.

2 Likes

Likely. If you want to upgrade, please email to alex@clockworkpi.com

1 Like

It’s still on pre-order.

2 Likes

The DevTerm uses 18650 batteries, which is easy to purchase. So we decided to not provide because it makes the shipping much easier.

3 Likes