Dear DevTerm friends and community members,
During the past few months in this pandemic time, we have been trying very hard to bring DevTerm to you as scheduled, now all of our designs have been finalized and submitted to manufacturers for production, we would like to make an announcement about our current progress, and unfortunately, an estimated 6-8 weeks delay in delivery primarily due to shortage of some chips according to our manufacturing partners.
- All parts (PCBs and Case) are now in the factory for production, we will keep posting production progress as soon as we receive updates from our manufacturers in the coming months.
- All PCB schematics, keyboard firmware, printer driver have been released in ClockworkPi GitHub account, OS system image is currently still in optimization, will be available for download before shipment.
- All 3D models will be available for download next week.
- Please contact us (email@example.com) if you need to change your shipping address by the end of April. Orders received after April 30th will have to be shipped 45 days after the first batch shipment.
- Global IC shortage caused at least 4-6 weeks extra supplier lead time for some of our component chips, if only we could manage to secure the supplies, not to mention the dramatic price hikes up to 300%-500%, these unexpected changes cost us more time in coordinating the supply chain.
- We also made a mistake in underestimating the complexity of the keyboard and the production time of the keyboard mold, which will take at least 30 days more than expected.
We are very sorry for the delay, our current estimated shipping will be in early June. Your support and patience are sincerely appreciated. The last thing we would want to see is any compromises in the quality of production, therefore we will be closely monitoring the manufacturing process to perfection, and keeping you posted until DevTerm reaches your hands.