DevTerm Production Status Update

front page of site still reads, “Will be shipped in early June 2021.”
as far as im concerned, that is what to expect.

1 Like

So June is a week away. Is the DevTerm on track for delivery?

2 Likes

Welcome to the forums!

Looking at the previous posts regarding the initial delay, we know that asking won’t speed things up, or get an answer. All we will get is a lot of angry posts of people wanting updates, production videos, working examples etc, and a lot of speculation.

I pray that we aren’t going to repeat history and have another wave of people asking the same thing.

I say, wait for an update to be posted. They will say something if there is a delay. They have always reported to the community. I wouldn’t worry about anything. If there is a delay, then it’s no doubt outside their control. If there isn’t, people will report about their received units.

This basically sums things up:

3 Likes

also last time the announcement that there was a delay came sort of last minute. so if its delayed, we might not find out until the 11th hour. Anyway thems the breaks it looks like, hoping for the best though. Hopefully they’ve been able to source all the parts they need.

3 Likes

as per the original update post:

IC shortage pushed added 4-6 week lead from supplier
keyboard issued caused 30 day delay.

if it we dont get any updates, shipping or otherwise, by week 4 (the 21st is my b-day) THEN i’ll start to be worried.
the devterm is the least of my woes rn

1 Like

Oh completely agreed. The question was out of curiosity - its not a business critical thing and if its six months delayed I really wouldn’t care.

So many horror stories about restricted component supply and 10x prices, if they have got this nailed awesome, they have done better than most. If not I wish them luck and look forward to my toy later!

But given its all quiet I would assume everything is going to plan, which is exciting :slight_smile:

3 Likes

are yall on the discord? guu is working on the keyboard and shared some pics. :wink:

1 Like

what discord? is there a link?

1 Like

sure there is. the link can be found in the community drop down on the clockworkpi website…
i’ll save you some work:

you can also find this forum, the wiki and github linked in that community dropdown

2 Likes

Ah there is a Discord, I never realised. Lots of activity on there - thank you!

1 Like

is there any update?

2 Likes

goofy sez check the downtime section?

also… and this redunant:

1 Like

Any update please?
Could you please plan update post every month if you cannot fulfill?

2 Likes

wait till monday. i almost guarantee that IF there IS a delay… THAT is WHEN we will ALL hear about it. Untill then, im gonna assume its shipping on time.

this thread was started on Mar 29th… today is May 29th… if no news by monday. i think its on time.

How about we all just chillout for a little bit?

Maybe start a NEW thread with NEW questions or topics? Cant guarantee how much activity it’ll get… but even I tried. It’s better than focusing on the release.

3 Likes

I may appear blunt, but this is not a kickstarter but pre-order: they don’t have to push regularly a new update.

Yeah they could and that would be nice, but nothing force them to do that.

There are proof they are working on it, so other than distracting them, such question will not make thing to move faster, sadly.

They already done it, but if there is any further delay, they will update us.

Also we are still in May, and as current shipping clearly say early June, which is about 1-15 June so there are still time.

3 Likes

At this point:
I am pretty sure that the likelihood of receiving a DT in time for my birthday is still quite high.

1 Like

When your birthday? 31 May? :wink:

2 Likes

HA! That would entail having already received shipping confirmation. No? Doesn’t early June entail the first two weeks? To answer your query: June 21st

2 Likes

No it was more of joke as if it was that day you know have a full year before to get it :wink:

3 Likes

that joke went over my head like the plane carrying your devterm on it

4 Likes