DevTerm Production Status Update

No biggies it can happen :smiley:

2 Likes

there is no plane with dtā€¦ yetā€¦ i guess it goes both ways.

1 Like

hey guys,is there any news? :grin:

Just spoke with Yong and he said they will have an update VERY soon :blush:

7 Likes

lots may doubtā€¦ but im often reminded just how strong my faith is. While this ā€œupdateā€ doesnt offer speculation in regards to a delay or otherwiseā€¦ i am still very much sure to expect shipping notification soon.

1 Like

Is it going to be delayed or not?

i do not think dee is tiredā€¦ but we will find out when dee lays

There is a new tweet by Hal with a picture. The update must be coming soon!

5 Likes

Ha you beat me to it! Such a teaser indeed! Good to see a physical copy out in the wild! Thanks @hal flr the update! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

it IS ventedā€¦!!!
squeals
i might hold off on using the dremelā€¦

1 Like

Where there is a vent, there is always the option of putting in some visually shmexy WIRE GAUZE!

Not only is it stylish, but if like me you have some furry friends (pets, not furries) then that vent looks like itā€™s going to be a dust bunny vacuum cleaner!

This will be one of the first mods I do to mine!

3 Likes

Iā€™d probably opt for something more anti-static, like this:

Which is a great ideaā€¦ since i have two kittiesā€¦ thanx for the idea

2 Likes

Finally some discernable physical view of the Devterm! Time for me to appear!

Been lurking around these areas for awhile since the reveal of GS, but I was never a retrogamer to begin with. Devterm however seems more like a linux portable machine and itā€™s right up on my alley! Now I canā€™t wait to see the front side of the deviceā€¦ That ā€˜tomorrowā€™ can never come fast enough hahah!

mesh cover sounds good for the devterm considering Iā€™ll be using this in the field (literal field, I work in a farmland of sorts) but I wonder if thereā€™s definite space between the core module and the back cover. South East Asiaā€™s pretty unforgiving in heat around this time of the year, so maybe something like RPi 4ā€™s heatsink may give a bit of a headroom, heat-wise? Itā€™ll work well with the heat fan actively cooling the fins, if they are of the same height!

2 Likes

I got heat spreader plates for laptop ram. Which ones will work best? Iā€™ll let yall know after I test.
Once I satisfied, Iā€™ll epoxy it.

1 Like
7 Likes

oh that looks AMAZING!

one thing that confuses me is the ā€˜trackballā€™ on the keyboard; seems more like a trackpoint/pointing stick to me?

Either way, Iā€™m super stoked now!

1 Like

If you ever had one, think about the trackball on a blackberry, it should be the same thing, or like a really small trackball like on old laptop before trackpads

3 Likes

Exactly what I am thinking. Classic BB pearl style trackball.

2 Likes

Thanks! @Godzil for posting these photos.

A quick update:
Because of the recent surge of Covid cases in Guangdong province, where our manufacturers are based, there have been some tightened travel restrictions, lockdowns and mass testing that are affecting our shipment of DevTerm. However, based on the latest info, we are still confident that all pre-orders could be shipped in the coming 30 days. We will keep you posted should there be any update. Sorry again for the delay!

12 Likes

So much for my birthdayā€¦ looks like Iā€™ll have to tell my postman to hold it for meā€¦

2 Likes