DevTerm Production Status Update

I’ve received my A06 this evening - 3 days early - great little unit - installing programs I’ve used on the pi - I’ll be off this page and on to the other - hope everyone gets theirs soon - but I could not find the CPU screws! in my box… what size etc are they? Ill look at the rest of the forum…

1 Like

I remember they were difficult to find. I forgot where they were. Look again.

In my case they were in a mini ziplock bag that was sticked to the transparent plastic casing holding the DevTerm parts.

2 Likes

I just received mine and the screws are taped on the top right as soon as you open the box. Hope this picture helps.

4 Likes

Hey guys. I am glad that many have already received the A06, but I still have not received a notification from the delivery service. Please check if everything is ok with my order no. 14714. Thx!

And now arrived. Thank you!

Mine just arrived today, shipped to France with FedEx. Had to pay 72 EUR for customs and tax for an A0604 model worth $339. Customs clearance and delivery went pretty smoothly.

wow, quite some tax!

Well, it’s 20% VAT over here, plus a couple percent for customs. And I think FedEx takes their share on top of it (I understand it was 54 EUR for tax & customs + 18 EUR FedEx fee). The customs value declared on the package was actually only $273, so what I saved in tax I paid to FedEx pretty much.

F that. If I’ve got to pay import duty on mine as well as paying more than the hardware’s actually worth and waiting over ten months for it, CPI can have the bugger back.

Hi all, first time poster, long time lurker.
I ordered my Devterm way back in Nov 2020 and have been following the discussion in this thread on and off ever since I first saw it. @AlexDuan and the team have really been doing a great job and I really admire their patience.

The reason why I am making my first post on the subject now is because this thread has completely derailed into discussions about shipping updates for A06 units. Can we please move discussion about shipping somewhere else?

I, like many others, bough an A04, and I come here from time to time to get updates on how things are going. but all the relevant information is completely drowned out by people going “mY fEdeX pAcKagE hAsnT MovEd iN dAys hUr Dur AlEx hElp Me”

Can we please keep this thread focused on Production Status Updates, and not shipping updates?
I would like to think that other future A04 owners agree with this. And im sorry for coming of as a jerk but I just really find this annoying and needed to ventilate a bit.

Thank you

9 Likes

Yeah, no news for A04 units. The claims by Duan is changing all the time since Oct. Tired of waiting.

1 Like

the same discussion happened when CM3s started shipping, and A06ers and A04ers had to wait. theres no reason why it should be any different that people want to both update others on potential delivery times or issues with their shipment, as it can help people hone in their expectations when their unit ships.

4 Likes

Just for a gauge re: countries, I’m from the land down under (Australia) and I just received mine 2 days ago.
It was an A06 model, and one of the earlier pre orders.

The thread is indeed about production updates and not shipping updates. I thought this to be relevant, as production is directly correlated to which model people bought, when they ordered it (supply/demand) and whether or not production is keeping up with demands.

1 Like

I see no reason why discussions about shipping must remain here besides “Things where bad for me, so they should remain bad for you…”

1 Like

Hey everyone with DHL still waiting definitely check the status. My order got as close as one state over then it just stopped moving. Come to find out they didn’t know my address. I had to visit delivery.dhl.com and fill out an address update. It’ll be another day or two. Hope this helps someone possibly unaware.

3 Likes

Hello everyone!
Some time ago @AlexDuan was talking about shiping the devices into Russia, and that a way to do this might have been found. I know that there are some difficulties with import of electronics to the Russa, but I am interested in the details for DevTerm today. Anyone from Russia, have you already received your A06? I ordered my A06 back in Nov. 2020 and I really still want to work with it))

3 Likes

Don’t be in a hurry assembling it! go to the assembly group - the CPU screws are in a tiny bag on one of the plastic trays… also be careful where you mount the wifi antenna… Enjoy!!!

@AlexDuan more than three weeks ago you told us the A04 units are ‘during packing’. NO update since then.

WHEN can we expect the devices to finally ship?!

I ordered mine in November 2020, now it seems the device will arrive some time in 2022, if ever.

Really starting to loose hope here.

3 Likes

I am just and user/customer like everyone of you but seeing activity like DevTerm/devterm-a04-gearbox at main · clockworkpi/DevTerm · GitHub added 4 days ago makes me see that is in progress and not in the background.

5 Likes