DevTerm Production Status Update

Same. I’m thinking I’ll cancel my order if there’s no news by new year.

3 Likes

Same honestly, after seeing the review it feels like a version two could be better.

3 Likes

Just got mail with tracking number, seems plain post used for RU orders (China Post → Russian Post).

I got mail to, but track number is my order number)

Sorry guys, it has been a while since last time.
Been crazy busy these days.
Now we have sent the A04s to our shipping partner. Like before, I expect the tracking numbers to arrive in next week, then I’ll spend a couple of days to upload.
So, I know it has been too long, but please just wait for a little longer.
Thank you. Going back to work.
PS: in case you need my assistance but can’t find me here, please email to alex@clockworkpi.com.

11 Likes

That’s the only way to ship electrical devices to Russia for now. We’ve tried a lot of different ways. Most of carriers asked for a corporation as receiver.

2 Likes

As always, allow me to extend the thanks to you and your team for the work and update on your side. Delayed or not, good news is still good news either way!

Based on what I can peruse at other members’ experiences and findings with their arrived devterm, I can heartily assume that for my case, my unit will be worth the wait. My order number is #14682 and now the wait has come to it’s final phase for all of us. Do keep up with your amazing work and please, keep us posted whenever you can! :grin:

2 Likes

Thanks for the update @AlexDuan!

1 Like

Many thanks for the update - Covid and supply-chains have been a bitch, but I’m looking forward to fiddling with this in the New Year :slight_smile:

1 Like

Just cancelled mine. The original delivery promise was July, but no communication since the order was placed in June.

I get that what the team are doing is likely harder than they expected, and they’re trying to get hardware out the door, but you have to communicate with investors.

1 Like

I wonder, is there a way that people who want to cancel their orders can give their place in line to someone else? I have peers that would love to take the place of one unhappy investor.

This would make people posting about cancelling their orders actually have some helpful weight in the community.

2 Likes

“investors” lol. keep cool you’ve only pre ordered a computer

3 Likes

Mind that some people crowdfunded Clockworkpi first device.

1 Like

Please check “inverstor” definition

1 Like

Except we’re not investors - this isn’t a crowdfunding campaign. We’re customers, we ordered something that was already (supposedly) in production.

Yeah, I was definitely not investing in this. The delivery time line at the time (I SO wish I had a screen shot) strongly implied that that they had designs ready for mass production, because if they didn’t there was no way they were going to meet them (even without COVID, but we were in month 11 of COVID, so that wasn’t entirely a surprise).

Oh - here we go, from a news article four days before I finally ordered “now and expecting to ship the DevTerm on or before April 2021”. I figured there was no way they could meet that time line if they weren’t ready to start mass production.

And of course - there’s been not a single follow up on my order to say “whoops, we goofed, sorry.” I’ve had to go looking for news.

1 Like

Interestingly, I sent an email just over a week ago (on the 14th) asking if there was any news, saying I’ve not had any contact since ordering in February, and had no response. I’ve even checked my spam, just in case, and not a word.

I think this thread has truly run its course.
For anyone actually wanting to know the production status of units, it’s impossible to get any information.

People who ordered early got their units. I waited a year for mine. I’m happy it came. I pre ordered my A06 in November 2020. Orders need to be fulfilled by both the initial placement date and the supply and demand of the parts required for different units.

If you’re unhappy with the time it will take to receive one, just cancel your order. If for some reason you want to make a public announcement that you’re cancelling as some kind of protest, instead, consider giving your pre order place in line to someone else.

Otherwise, making a fuss wont speed anything up.

4 Likes

agreed, those of us who come here for updates on our yet-to-be-shipped pre orders have to sift trough all the noise of people arguing about fedex and the definition of the word “investor”… im starting to believe that I died a year ago and having to monitor this thread is my punishment for having faith in humanity.

2 Likes