Does GameShell Actually Use FBTurbo?

I haven’t tried anything, but before I forget, I remember where there was some discussion re: Lima, and if it’s being used etc. it’s around the posts and below. It’s essentially where proper Lima drivers on the gameshell were born. Haha.

Also there seemed to be some talk of apps erroneously using OpenGL over Lima here:

A question. Did you apt upgrade to Buster? I seem to always have problems with Lima and other things breaking, up to the point that Retroarch doesn’t work at times. Ironically this is a major upgrade step when using the 0.4-0.5 upgrade script.

I’ve wrecked my sleep pattern trying to get other stuff to work on the gameshell, so prrrobably should get some sleep for once! I’ll have a look tomorrow at what glxgears outputs. (I’ll be up for another 4 hours if I start tinkering now haha; you know how it be ;))

1 Like

before anything check your xorg server log file

if an update break the driver try uninstall mesa given from repository and reinstall manually the correct one

releasing a real debian package of mesa must be the solution for prevent this to append in future

if you don’t fear you can try arch edition of mesa (17 january git version) http://gs.dread.fr/arch/armv7h/mesa-lima-20.0.0_devel.1.d55573a-1-armv7h.pkg.tar.xz

best solution must be to manually compile it yourself, like in this pkgbuild https://github.com/r043v/GameShell-PKGBUILDs/blob/master/mesa-lima/PKGBUILD

so, basically :

git clone https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/mesa/mesa.git --depth 1
meson setup mesa _build \
       -D buildtype=release \
       -D prefix=/usr \
       -D sysconfdir=/etc \
       -D platforms=x11,drm,surfaceless \
       -D dri-drivers=[] \
       -D gallium-drivers=lima,kmsro,swrast \
       -D vulkan-drivers=[] \
       -D dri3=true \
       -D egl=true \
       -D gles1=true \
       -D gles2=true \
       -D glx=dri \
       -D libunwind=true \
       -D lmsensors=true \
       -D osmesa=gallium \
       -D shared-glapi=true \
       -D valgrind=false \
       -D tools=[]

meson configure _build
    ninja  $NINJAFLAGS -C _build
    ninja  $NINJAFLAGS -C _build install
    ln -s /usr/lib/libGLX_mesa.so.0 /usr/lib/libGLX_indirect.so.0

according to mesa a pretty recent xorg server is also a need ( > 1.20 )

2 Likes

I did upgrade to buster. With all the stuff I’ve been installing, it seemed necessary, and I thought I remembered reading that with 0.5, upgrading worked and no longer broke Lima. I guess I was wrong. :frowning:

I haven’t had a chance yet to work through that first thread, but the link you provided seems to have plenty of answers. Digging through and figuring out what works and what doesn’t will be a bit of a chore though. And I’m pretty aure my Gameshell is not using Lima properly anymore, no matter what I pick in the launcher. Sounds like I’ll need to rebuild Mesa, though I saw mention in that thread of a prebuilt one that might work. I’m just hoping I won’t have to reflash my sd card and start over, because I’ve got a working build environment and other things I don’t want to lose, and starting over from scratch each time means I’m less likely to keep tinkering.

If I get It working and have a clear understanding of what I did to get there, I’ll try to write a new post with the information and steps I used. It’s unfortunate (and frustrating) that the Gameshell OS is so fragile and that the only documentation is scattered across buried posts in the forum. :frowning: I appreciate the help from you and @r043v though!

1 Like

@r043v can actually help you with knowledge! I’m but a retriever dog who has read all the posts in the forum, and can pull up information, and a willing and able guinea pig to test things on ;).
Also I know that feel re: losing the passion due to starting over. For that same reason, I’m constantly backing up images, and flashing spare SD cards to test things, before applying them to my main one.
Did you have spare SD cards to work with? I’m happy to throw a few bucks to a fellow game sheller, if money is tight. Your contributions are totally worth it!

I’ve got a spare card to test on, but I’m really hoping I can get things related to lima repaired on the current card. I’ve been using this one (256GB) to try lots of things, and build lots of things, and I’d probably want to archive as much as I could so I could move it to another card. All that is doable, but would just take a lot of time copying things back and forth (not to mention space to store it in the mean time).

I’m hoping I can figure it out, fix it, and continue to use this card as-is. But if not, I might take a break and try to archive and document as much stuff as I can. For instance, I could put some of the stuff I got working in the warehouse, and make notes of various things I tried to build that sort of worked or that didn’t work at all. (Related to that other thread, I actually did try to build Moonshell, but it seemed to require specific Raspberry Pi feature s we don’t have. It was also relatively easy to trick the script that runs Steamlink to try to run it on the Gameshell, but it also failed due to missing libraries. It might be possible to get running with the libbcm-host hacks mentioned elsewhere but I didn’t get that far, and I kind of doubt it would work anyway.)

Anyhow, it’s my own fault for using so much space for unfinished projects, but if I need to reinstall, I’ll want to take time and make sure I don’t lose anything I might regret. I’m not at that point yet though. I still need to see if I can figure out how to fix the Lima issue on this card.

I suppose on a positive note, it means that the box86 stuff that’s been running on my device will run even faster with Lima, once I get that working again.

If I do need to reflash, I’m also tempted to use the Arch variant @r043v put together. In some ways it sounds more stable, though I remember a post a while back listing some things it’s missing. I’ve more familiar with the Debian tools, but I wouldn’t be sad to see the launcher go, and it sounds like the fantasi launcher is more actively developed anyway. I’d just like to be able to do an update/upgrade (or whatever the Arch equivalent is) without having to worry I’ve destabilized the OS and broken the video drivers. :frowning:

I still love the Gameshell though, as it’s already met and exceeded the hopes I had for it. And it still offers a lot of potential, as I’ve already seen remarkable things running on it. I just wish it was a bit more reliable/stable in terms of software.

Speaking of software there’s another thread on here somewhere about someone launching only retroarch and using it as the only main software on the device. I think an emulator focused build like that would probably be a great benefit to folks who only got the Gameshell to play ROMs. It’s capable of so much more, but a Retroarch focused OS with few other bells and whistles might be more bulletproof and would probably generate fewer problems and questions from the folks who chose to use it. Just a thought. (It wouldn’t be for the tinkerers though.)

1 Like

So I looked at the xorg log file (which lives at /home/cpi/.local/share/xorg) and here’s what seems to be the relevant part:

[    30.754] (II) Module modesetting: vendor="X.Org Foundation"
[    30.754] 	compiled for 1.20.4, module version = 1.20.4
[    30.754] 	Module class: X.Org Video Driver
[    30.754] 	ABI class: X.Org Video Driver, version 24.0
[    30.755] (II) LoadModule: "fbdev"
[    30.755] (II) Loading /usr/lib/xorg/modules/drivers/fbdev_drv.so
[    30.774] (II) Module fbdev: vendor="X.Org Foundation"
[    30.774] 	compiled for 1.20.0, module version = 0.5.0
[    30.774] 	Module class: X.Org Video Driver
[    30.774] 	ABI class: X.Org Video Driver, version 24.0
[    30.774] (II) modesetting: Driver for Modesetting Kernel Drivers: kms
[    30.774] (II) FBDEV: driver for framebuffer: fbdev
[    30.775] (II) modeset(0): using drv /dev/dri/card1
[    30.775] (WW) Falling back to old probe method for fbdev
[    30.775] (II) Loading sub module "fbdevhw"
[    30.775] (II) LoadModule: "fbdevhw"
[    30.775] (II) Loading /usr/lib/xorg/modules/libfbdevhw.so
[    30.781] (II) Module fbdevhw: vendor="X.Org Foundation"
[    30.781] 	compiled for 1.20.4, module version = 0.0.2
[    30.781] 	ABI class: X.Org Video Driver, version 24.0
[    30.782] (WW) VGA arbiter: cannot open kernel arbiter, no multi-card support
[    30.782] (II) modeset(0): Creating default Display subsection in Screen section
	"Default Screen Section" for depth/fbbpp 24/32
[    30.783] (==) modeset(0): Depth 24, (==) framebuffer bpp 32
[    30.783] (==) modeset(0): RGB weight 888
[    30.783] (==) modeset(0): Default visual is TrueColor
[    30.783] (II) Loading sub module "glamoregl"
[    30.783] (II) LoadModule: "glamoregl"
[    30.783] (II) Loading /usr/lib/xorg/modules/libglamoregl.so
[    30.947] (II) Module glamoregl: vendor="X.Org Foundation"
[    30.948] 	compiled for 1.20.4, module version = 1.0.1
[    30.948] 	ABI class: X.Org ANSI C Emulation, version 0.4
[    34.562] (II) modeset(0): Refusing to try glamor on llvmpipe
[    34.587] (EE) modeset(0): glamor initialization failed
[    34.587] (II) modeset(0): ShadowFB: preferred NO, enabled NO
[    34.594] (II) modeset(0): Output None-1 has no monitor section
[    34.595] (II) modeset(0): EDID for output None-1
[    34.595] (II) modeset(0): Printing probed modes for output None-1
[    34.596] (II) modeset(0): Modeline "320x240"x59.8    5.80  320 326 328 388  240 242 244 250 +hsync +vsync (14.9 kHz eP)
[    34.596] (II) modeset(0): Output None-1 connected
[    34.596] (II) modeset(0): Using exact sizes for initial modes
[    34.596] (II) modeset(0): Output None-1 using initial mode 320x240 +0+0
[    34.596] (==) modeset(0): Using gamma correction (1.0, 1.0, 1.0)
[    34.596] (==) modeset(0): DPI set to (96, 96)
[    34.596] (II) Loading sub module "fb"
[    34.596] (II) LoadModule: "fb"
[    34.605] (II) Loading /usr/lib/xorg/modules/libfb.so
[    34.610] (II) Module fb: vendor="X.Org Foundation"
[    34.610] 	compiled for 1.20.4, module version = 1.0.0
[    34.610] 	ABI class: X.Org ANSI C Emulation, version 0.4
[    34.611] (II) UnloadModule: "fbdev"
[    34.611] (II) Unloading fbdev
[    34.611] (II) UnloadSubModule: "fbdevhw"

So I’m guessing lima is not being used. (I have it chosen in the launcher gui.)

I guess I’ll try rebuilding mesa. (That seems cleaner than taking the arch version?) I’ve already grabbed a lot of libraries for box86 stuff, but that’s been isolated – I’m not sure how comfortable I feel grabbing libraries and replacing core system components with them. :wink:

What packages should I remove from my system before installing mesa that I build? Is it the ones listed on the conflicts line in your script?
conflicts=('mesa' 'opencl-mesa' 'libva-mesa-driver' 'mesa-vdpau' 'libglvnd' )

Based on the xorg log, I think my version should be recent enough.

Is there anything else I’ll need to do or should the new mesa start picking up lima and supporting it when it’s installed? And while I honestly haven’t changed the setting from lima to fbturbo in 0.5 (except just in the past day to see if it could somehow turn lima back on), do you think whatever the launcher is doing will still allow me to switch if I update mesa? Or will I be on lima all the time? (Im not sure I care too much if I’m stuck in lima, but I figured it would be good to ask.)

Thanks!

EDIT:
I made progress on building mesa, but I hit a roadblock. There were quite a few dependencies I was missing, but I added them as meson stopped and threw errors. At least until it got here:
I’m not sure where I can get the “sensors” library. There are a number of packages listed when I do apt-cache search sensors |more and I don’t know which one I need, or if it even can be installed via package. So for now I’ve given up on rebuilding mesa.

However, the thread over here sent me down an interesting path:

I still have the lima drivers in place. And running dmesg|grep lima and cat /sys/class/drm/card0/device/uevent I get output that matches what was listed there, so lima is there are ready to go.

However, my ~/launcher/.xorg_lima.conf does NOT look like the one in that post – mine looks like this:

Section "Device"
        Identifier      "Allwinner A10/A13 FBDEV"
        Driver          "modesetting"
        Option          "fbdev" "/dev/fb0"

Option          "SwapbuffersWait" "true"
EndSection

So instead of “lima” I have “modesetting”. So I just changed that to lima.

I also found this post:

And my /etc/ld.so.conf.d/00-arm-linux-gnueabihf.conf looked like this:

# Multiarch support
/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf
/usr/lib/lima
/usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf

I moved the lima line to the top since it sounds like that will cause it to get used before anything else.

I’ll reboot now and see what kind of mess I’ve made. :slight_smile:

1 Like

the mainline mesa debian just must not ship lima,
i don’t know if apt will let you uninstall mesa as it must be deps of some others packages
i think you may just recompile & install it, overwriting any other files

(for compile if it miss deps you may have to do sudo apt-get build-dep mesa

i used mainline arch linux arm mesa pkgbuild as base for gs one, the conflict list may contain gpu related (nvidia & co) who provide also mesa

1 Like

the .conf in your launcher folder must be the one set when you ask switch to lima from launcher,
that’s not mean it is outdated or the one used

[gs@gs ~]$ cat /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/02-lima.conf 
Section "ServerFlags"
        Option  "AutoAddGPU" "off"
        Option "Debug" "dmabuf_capable"
EndSection

Section "OutputClass"
        Identifier "Lima"
        MatchDriver "sun4i-drm"
        Driver "modesetting"
        Option "PrimaryGPU" "true"
	Option "PageFlip" "off"
EndSection

you will also need rename or link /usr/lib/dri/sun4i-drm_dri.so replacing the - with an _

[gs@gs ~]$ ls -lha /usr/lib/dri/sun4i*.so
-rwxr-xr-x 21 root root 7.9M Jan 30 22:19 /usr/lib/dri/sun4i-drm_dri.so
lrwxrwxrwx  1 root root   16 Dec 15 14:41 /usr/lib/dri/sun4i_drm_dri.so -> sun4i-drm_dri.so
1 Like

Ok, thanks. I installed the dependencies (that was a lot easier that trying to figure it out when it encountered each error!)

I also reversed my changes to /etc/ld.so.conf.d/00-arm-linux-gnueabihf.conf and .xorg_lima.conf.

I don’t have this file:
cat: /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/02-lima.conf: No such file or directory
So I should create it with the contents you posted?

I’ve kicked off the build setup again, and will try to get through the whole build process… (setup just completed, so here’s hoping the rest will too…)

1 Like

it could be another name but reside into /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/

searching this particular file we found this git repo https://github.com/zhangn1985/lima_gpu_drv

So I should create it with the contents you posted?

from my previous tests, removing the file at all still boot & got lima enabled but there was a tiny perf less when try glxgear without vblank ( vblank_mode=0 glxgears

1 Like

I stupidly forgot to turn on my swap file, so I had to kill the build. I’ve rebooted, turned on swap, and have it going again (ninja $NINJAFLAGS -C _build). Looks like it’s going to take a while so I may just come back to it later when it’s done.

Hmm, this is all I have:

So I’m not sure where that lima configuration file is. :frowning:
Maybe it doesn’t exist anywhere, but I’m not sure how it would have gotten deleted? I might try grepping around for “Lima” in *.conf files across the entire system and see what I find.

I already seem to have sun4i_drm_dri.so in place (as a copy):

Maybe all I need to do to get lima working again is create that config file? Is that something an apt-get upgrade might have deleted?

Oops, I just realized those files I posted above are in a different directory. I don’t even have a /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/ at all!

1 Like

if mesa-lima was manually installed into the system image upgrading mainline mesa will just let files without delete them

make a symbolic link is preferable as the link will everytime point on latest, a copy can be forgiven ^^

for speedup a bit the compilation process if you need to recompile it again you can remove wayland support from mesa configuration, it was enabled for me as i initially tried to have wayland instead of x11 in arch port

in clockworkos the conf may have been directly into /etc/xorg.conf ?

1 Like

My build completed. But install threw an error. Should I just put a sudo in front of this?

sudo did the trick…

No turning back now! :wink:

I checked the sun4i* files and one is now new, so that’s a good sign!
I just backed up the other one just in case, and then created the link.

And yes, it looks like you were right about the xorg.conf:
Although it kinda looks like the one in the launcher directory?

I’m not sure which one is being used. Should I change this one in /etc to match your config? Mine is missing both the ServerFlags section, and the “OutputClass” section and only has the “Device” section like the one in launcher. :frowning:

1 Like

yes :slight_smile:

my pkgbuild install in a dedicated directory to create after a real package, for real install you need admin right

1 Like

Cool, I think I’ve got everything done except for the config. See my edited post above.

Switching between fbturbo and lima in the launcher yields the exact same result for glxgears:
GL_RENDERER = llvmpipe (LLVM 7.0.1, 128 bits)
GL_VERSION = 3.1 Mesa 20.0.0-devel (git-8405e1bef0)
GL_VENDOR = VMware, Inc.

So it’s not switching anything.

I also tried updating the /etc/xorg.conf to use this:

Section "Device"
    Identifier "Lima"
    MatchDriver "sun4i-drm"
    Driver "modesetting"
	Option "PageFlip" "off"
EndSection

But got the same result.

1 Like

if you want try without reboot, just “pkill Xorg” who will end it and so restart

try check your xorg log file

also for me it’s not into device section,

Section "ServerFlags"
        Option  "AutoAddGPU" "off"
        Option "Debug" "dmabuf_capable"
EndSection

Section "OutputClass"
        Identifier "Lima"
        MatchDriver "sun4i-drm"
        Driver "modesetting"
	Option "PageFlip" "off"
EndSection
1 Like

Here’s the [EDIT: old!] log. I’m not sure what’s going on with this error though:
[ 670.932] (EE) Unable to locate/open config file: "~/launcher/.xorg_lima.conf"

Ok, I poked around some more and found that all this is getting set up in the .cpirc file in the launcher directory. I expanded the path to the lima conf and now it’s finding it.

It still seems to use fbdev though? And glxgears still shows:

GL_RENDERER   = llvmpipe (LLVM 7.0.1, 128 bits)
GL_VERSION    = 3.1 Mesa 20.0.0-devel (git-8405e1bef0)
GL_VENDOR     = VMware, Inc.

Here’s the new log:

[    23.456] 
X.Org X Server 1.20.4
X Protocol Version 11, Revision 0
[    23.456] Build Operating System: Linux 4.9.0-8-arm64 armv8l Debian
[    23.456] Current Operating System: Linux clockworkpi 5.3.6-clockworkpi-cpi3 #1 SMP Tue Oct 15 17:26:44 CST 2019 armv7l
[    23.457] Kernel command line: console=ttyS0,115200n8 earlyprintk no_console_suspend root=/dev/mmcblk0p2 rootfstype=ext4 rootwait init=/sbin/init noinitrd panic=10
[    23.457] Build Date: 05 March 2019  08:11:12PM
[    23.457] xorg-server 2:1.20.4-1 (https://www.debian.org/support) 
[    23.457] Current version of pixman: 0.36.0
[    23.457] 	Before reporting problems, check http://wiki.x.org
	to make sure that you have the latest version.
[    23.457] Markers: (--) probed, (**) from config file, (==) default setting,
	(++) from command line, (!!) notice, (II) informational,
	(WW) warning, (EE) error, (NI) not implemented, (??) unknown.
[    23.457] (==) Log file: "/home/cpi/.local/share/xorg/Xorg.0.log", Time: Fri Jan 31 04:15:42 2020
[    23.474] (++) Using config file: "/home/cpi/launcher/.xorg_lima.conf"
[    23.474] (==) Using system config directory "/usr/share/X11/xorg.conf.d"
[    23.485] (==) No Layout section.  Using the first Screen section.
[    23.485] (==) No screen section available. Using defaults.
[    23.486] (**) |-->Screen "Default Screen Section" (0)
[    23.486] (**) |   |-->Monitor "<default monitor>"
[    23.487] (==) No monitor specified for screen "Default Screen Section".
	Using a default monitor configuration.
[    23.487] (**) Option "AutoAddGPU" "off"
[    23.487] (**) Option "Debug" "dmabuf_capable"
[    23.487] (==) Automatically adding devices
[    23.487] (==) Automatically enabling devices
[    23.487] (**) Not automatically adding GPU devices
[    23.494] (==) Max clients allowed: 256, resource mask: 0x1fffff
[    23.506] (WW) The directory "/usr/share/fonts/X11/cyrillic" does not exist.
[    23.506] 	Entry deleted from font path.
[    23.520] (==) FontPath set to:
	/usr/share/fonts/X11/misc,
	/usr/share/fonts/X11/100dpi/:unscaled,
	/usr/share/fonts/X11/75dpi/:unscaled,
	/usr/share/fonts/X11/Type1,
	/usr/share/fonts/X11/100dpi,
	/usr/share/fonts/X11/75dpi,
	built-ins
[    23.520] (==) ModulePath set to "/usr/lib/xorg/modules"
[    23.520] (II) The server relies on udev to provide the list of input devices.
	If no devices become available, reconfigure udev or disable AutoAddDevices.
[    23.520] (II) Loader magic: 0x5baf98
[    23.520] (II) Module ABI versions:
[    23.520] 	X.Org ANSI C Emulation: 0.4
[    23.520] 	X.Org Video Driver: 24.0
[    23.520] 	X.Org XInput driver : 24.1
[    23.520] 	X.Org Server Extension : 10.0
[    23.523] (++) using VT number 1

[    23.531] (II) systemd-logind: took control of session /org/freedesktop/login1/session/c1
[    23.534] (II) xfree86: Adding drm device (/dev/dri/card1)
[    23.537] (II) systemd-logind: got fd for /dev/dri/card1 226:1 fd 11 paused 0
[    23.538] (II) xfree86: Adding drm device (/dev/dri/card0)
[    23.541] (II) systemd-logind: got fd for /dev/dri/card0 226:0 fd 12 paused 0
[    23.542] (II) no primary bus or device found
[    23.542] 	falling back to /sys/devices/platform/display-engine/drm/card1
[    23.542] (II) LoadModule: "glx"
[    23.548] (II) Loading /usr/lib/xorg/modules/extensions/libglx.so
[    23.606] (II) Module glx: vendor="X.Org Foundation"
[    23.606] 	compiled for 1.20.4, module version = 1.0.0
[    23.606] 	ABI class: X.Org Server Extension, version 10.0
[    23.606] (==) Matched modesetting as autoconfigured driver 0
[    23.606] (==) Matched fbdev as autoconfigured driver 1
[    23.606] (==) Assigned the driver to the xf86ConfigLayout
[    23.606] (II) LoadModule: "modesetting"
[    23.607] (II) Loading /usr/lib/xorg/modules/drivers/modesetting_drv.so
[    23.612] (II) Module modesetting: vendor="X.Org Foundation"
[    23.612] 	compiled for 1.20.4, module version = 1.20.4
[    23.612] 	Module class: X.Org Video Driver
[    23.612] 	ABI class: X.Org Video Driver, version 24.0
[    23.612] (II) LoadModule: "fbdev"
[    23.612] (II) Loading /usr/lib/xorg/modules/drivers/fbdev_drv.so
[    23.615] (II) Module fbdev: vendor="X.Org Foundation"
[    23.615] 	compiled for 1.20.0, module version = 0.5.0
[    23.615] 	Module class: X.Org Video Driver
[    23.615] 	ABI class: X.Org Video Driver, version 24.0
[    23.615] (II) modesetting: Driver for Modesetting Kernel Drivers: kms
[    23.615] (II) FBDEV: driver for framebuffer: fbdev
[    23.615] (II) modeset(0): using drv /dev/dri/card1
[    23.616] (WW) Falling back to old probe method for fbdev
[    23.616] (II) Loading sub module "fbdevhw"
[    23.616] (II) LoadModule: "fbdevhw"
[    23.616] (II) Loading /usr/lib/xorg/modules/libfbdevhw.so
[    23.618] (II) Module fbdevhw: vendor="X.Org Foundation"
[    23.618] 	compiled for 1.20.4, module version = 0.0.2
[    23.618] 	ABI class: X.Org Video Driver, version 24.0
[    23.619] (WW) VGA arbiter: cannot open kernel arbiter, no multi-card support
[    23.619] (II) modeset(0): Creating default Display subsection in Screen section
[    23.619] (==) modeset(0): Depth 24, (==) framebuffer bpp 32
[    23.619] (==) modeset(0): RGB weight 888
[    23.619] (==) modeset(0): Default visual is TrueColor
[    23.619] (II) Loading sub module "glamoregl"
[    23.619] (II) LoadModule: "glamoregl"
[    23.620] (II) Loading /usr/lib/xorg/modules/libglamoregl.so
[    23.689] (II) Module glamoregl: vendor="X.Org Foundation"
[    23.689] 	compiled for 1.20.4, module version = 1.0.1
[    23.689] 	ABI class: X.Org ANSI C Emulation, version 0.4
[    25.391] (II) modeset(0): Refusing to try glamor on llvmpipe
[    25.399] (EE) modeset(0): glamor initialization failed
[    25.400] (II) modeset(0): ShadowFB: preferred NO, enabled NO
[    25.407] (II) modeset(0): Output None-1 has no monitor section
[    25.407] (II) modeset(0): EDID for output None-1
[    25.407] (II) modeset(0): Printing probed modes for output None-1
[    25.408] (II) modeset(0): Modeline "320x240"x59.8    5.80  320 326 328 388  240 242 244 250 +hsync +vsync (14.9 kHz eP)
[    25.408] (II) modeset(0): Output None-1 connected
[    25.408] (II) modeset(0): Using exact sizes for initial modes
[    25.408] (II) modeset(0): Output None-1 using initial mode 320x240 +0+0
[    25.408] (==) modeset(0): Using gamma correction (1.0, 1.0, 1.0)
[    25.408] (==) modeset(0): DPI set to (96, 96)
[    25.408] (II) Loading sub module "fb"
[    25.408] (II) LoadModule: "fb"
[    25.417] (II) Loading /usr/lib/xorg/modules/libfb.so
[    25.422] (II) Module fb: vendor="X.Org Foundation"
[    25.422] 	compiled for 1.20.4, module version = 1.0.0
[    25.422] 	ABI class: X.Org ANSI C Emulation, version 0.4
[    25.422] (II) UnloadModule: "fbdev"
[    25.422] (II) Unloading fbdev
[    25.423] (II) UnloadSubModule: "fbdevhw"
[    25.423] (II) Unloading fbdevhw
[    25.430] (==) modeset(0): Backing store enabled
[    25.430] (==) modeset(0): Silken mouse enabled
[    25.440] (II) modeset(0): Initializing kms color map for depth 24, 8 bpc.
[    25.440] (==) modeset(0): DPMS enabled
[    25.441] (II) Initializing extension Generic Event Extension
[    25.442] (II) Initializing extension SHAPE
[    25.443] (II) Initializing extension MIT-SHM
[    25.444] (II) Initializing extension XInputExtension
[    25.445] (II) Initializing extension XTEST
[    25.446] (II) Initializing extension BIG-REQUESTS
[    25.447] (II) Initializing extension SYNC
[    25.449] (II) Initializing extension XKEYBOARD
[    25.450] (II) Initializing extension XC-MISC
[    25.451] (II) Initializing extension SECURITY
[    25.452] (II) Initializing extension XFIXES
[    25.453] (II) Initializing extension RENDER
[    25.454] (II) Initializing extension RANDR
[    25.456] (II) Initializing extension COMPOSITE
[    25.458] (II) Initializing extension DAMAGE
[    25.459] (II) Initializing extension MIT-SCREEN-SAVER
[    25.460] (II) Initializing extension DOUBLE-BUFFER
[    25.461] (II) Initializing extension RECORD
[    25.462] (II) Initializing extension DPMS
[    25.463] (II) Initializing extension Present
[    25.464] (II) Initializing extension DRI3
[    25.464] (II) Initializing extension X-Resource
[    25.465] (II) Initializing extension XVideo
[    25.466] (II) Initializing extension XVideo-MotionCompensation
[    25.466] (II) Initializing extension SELinux
[    25.466] (II) SELinux: Disabled on system
[    25.466] (II) Initializing extension GLX
[    25.468] (II) AIGLX: Screen 0 is not DRI2 capable
[    25.486] (II) IGLX: Loaded and initialized swrast
[    25.486] (II) GLX: Initialized DRISWRAST GL provider for screen 0
[    25.486] (II) Initializing extension XFree86-VidModeExtension
[    25.487] (II) Initializing extension XFree86-DGA
[    25.488] (II) Initializing extension XFree86-DRI
[    25.488] (II) Initializing extension DRI2
[    25.490] (II) modeset(0): Damage tracking initialized
[    25.490] (II) modeset(0): Setting screen physical size to 84 x 63
[    26.081] (II) config/udev: Adding input device http://matrixstorm.com/avr/tinyusbboard/ tinyUSBboard (/dev/input/event1)
[    26.081] (**) http://matrixstorm.com/avr/tinyusbboard/ tinyUSBboard: Applying InputClass "libinput keyboard catchall"
[    26.082] (II) LoadModule: "libinput"
[    26.082] (II) Loading /usr/lib/xorg/modules/input/libinput_drv.so
[    26.132] (II) Module libinput: vendor="X.Org Foundation"
[    26.132] 	compiled for 1.20.4, module version = 0.28.2
[    26.132] 	Module class: X.Org XInput Driver
[    26.132] 	ABI class: X.Org XInput driver, version 24.1
[    26.133] (II) Using input driver 'libinput' for 'http://matrixstorm.com/avr/tinyusbboard/ tinyUSBboard'
[    26.137] (II) systemd-logind: got fd for /dev/input/event1 13:65 fd 20 paused 0
[    26.137] (**) http://matrixstorm.com/avr/tinyusbboard/ tinyUSBboard: always reports core events
[    26.137] (**) Option "Device" "/dev/input/event1"
[    26.138] (**) Option "_source" "server/udev"
[    26.177] (II) event1  - http://matrixstorm.com/avr/tinyusbboard/ tinyUSBboard: is tagged by udev as: Keyboard
[    26.178] (II) event1  - http://matrixstorm.com/avr/tinyusbboard/ tinyUSBboard: device is a keyboard
[    26.179] (II) event1  - http://matrixstorm.com/avr/tinyusbboard/ tinyUSBboard: device removed
[    26.180] (**) Option "config_info" "udev:/sys/devices/platform/soc/1c1a400.usb/usb2/2-1/2-1:1.0/0003:4242:E131.0001/input/input1/event1"
[    26.180] (II) XINPUT: Adding extended input device "http://matrixstorm.com/avr/tinyusbboard/ tinyUSBboard" (type: KEYBOARD, id 6)
[    26.180] (**) Option "xkb_model" "pc105"
[    26.180] (**) Option "xkb_layout" "us"
[    26.190] (II) event1  - http://matrixstorm.com/avr/tinyusbboard/ tinyUSBboard: is tagged by udev as: Keyboard
[    26.190] (II) event1  - http://matrixstorm.com/avr/tinyusbboard/ tinyUSBboard: device is a keyboard
[    26.196] (II) config/udev: Adding input device http://matrixstorm.com/avr/tinyusbboard/ tinyUSBboard (/dev/input/event2)
[    26.196] (**) http://matrixstorm.com/avr/tinyusbboard/ tinyUSBboard: Applying InputClass "libinput pointer catchall"
[    26.196] (II) Using input driver 'libinput' for 'http://matrixstorm.com/avr/tinyusbboard/ tinyUSBboard'
[    26.261] (II) systemd-logind: got fd for /dev/input/event2 13:66 fd 23 paused 0
[    26.261] (**) http://matrixstorm.com/avr/tinyusbboard/ tinyUSBboard: always reports core events
[    26.261] (**) Option "Device" "/dev/input/event2"
[    26.261] (**) Option "_source" "server/udev"
[    26.270] (II) event2  - http://matrixstorm.com/avr/tinyusbboard/ tinyUSBboard: is tagged by udev as: Mouse
[    26.271] (II) event2  - http://matrixstorm.com/avr/tinyusbboard/ tinyUSBboard: device is a pointer
[    26.272] (II) event2  - http://matrixstorm.com/avr/tinyusbboard/ tinyUSBboard: device removed
[    26.273] (**) Option "config_info" "udev:/sys/devices/platform/soc/1c1a400.usb/usb2/2-1/2-1:1.1/0003:4242:E131.0002/input/input2/event2"
[    26.273] (II) XINPUT: Adding extended input device "http://matrixstorm.com/avr/tinyusbboard/ tinyUSBboard" (type: MOUSE, id 7)
[    26.274] (**) Option "AccelerationScheme" "none"
[    26.274] (**) http://matrixstorm.com/avr/tinyusbboard/ tinyUSBboard: (accel) selected scheme none/0
[    26.274] (**) http://matrixstorm.com/avr/tinyusbboard/ tinyUSBboard: (accel) acceleration factor: 2.000
[    26.274] (**) http://matrixstorm.com/avr/tinyusbboard/ tinyUSBboard: (accel) acceleration threshold: 4
[    26.283] (II) event2  - http://matrixstorm.com/avr/tinyusbboard/ tinyUSBboard: is tagged by udev as: Mouse
[    26.283] (II) event2  - http://matrixstorm.com/avr/tinyusbboard/ tinyUSBboard: device is a pointer
[    26.289] (II) config/udev: Adding input device axp20x-pek (/dev/input/event0)
[    26.289] (**) axp20x-pek: Applying InputClass "libinput keyboard catchall"
[    26.289] (II) Using input driver 'libinput' for 'axp20x-pek'
[    26.293] (II) systemd-logind: got fd for /dev/input/event0 13:64 fd 24 paused 0
[    26.293] (**) axp20x-pek: always reports core events
[    26.293] (**) Option "Device" "/dev/input/event0"
[    26.293] (**) Option "_source" "server/udev"
[    26.301] (II) event0  - axp20x-pek: is tagged by udev as: Keyboard
[    26.301] (II) event0  - axp20x-pek: device is a keyboard
[    26.301] (II) event0  - axp20x-pek: device removed
[    26.302] (**) Option "config_info" "udev:/sys/devices/platform/soc/1f03400.rsb/sunxi-rsb-3a3/axp221-pek/input/input0/event0"
[    26.302] (II) XINPUT: Adding extended input device "axp20x-pek" (type: KEYBOARD, id 8)
[    26.302] (**) Option "xkb_model" "pc105"
[    26.302] (**) Option "xkb_layout" "us"
[    26.310] (II) event0  - axp20x-pek: is tagged by udev as: Keyboard
[    26.310] (II) event0  - axp20x-pek: device is a keyboard
[    26.811] (II) modeset(0): Disabling kernel dirty updates, not required.
1 Like

what does dmesg show you ?

[gs@gs ~]$ dmesg | grep lima
[    0.727695] lima 1c40000.gpu: IRQ ppmmu2 not found
[    0.730162] lima 1c40000.gpu: IRQ ppmmu3 not found
[    0.732601] lima 1c40000.gpu: gp - mali400 version major 1 minor 1
[    0.735087] lima 1c40000.gpu: pp0 - mali400 version major 1 minor 1
[    0.737560] lima 1c40000.gpu: pp1 - mali400 version major 1 minor 1
[    0.740034] lima 1c40000.gpu: IRQ pp2 not found
[    0.742450] lima 1c40000.gpu: IRQ pp3 not found
[    0.744865] lima 1c40000.gpu: l2 cache 64K, 4-way, 64byte cache line, 64bit external bus
[    0.748949] lima 1c40000.gpu: bus rate = 200000000
[    0.751412] lima 1c40000.gpu: mod rate = 384000000
[    0.754081] [drm] Initialized lima 1.0.0 20190217 for 1c40000.gpu on minor 1
[gs@gs ~]$ dmesg | grep sun4i
[    0.807785] sun4i-ss 1c15000.crypto-engine: Die ID 5
[    1.012982] sun4i-drm display-engine: bound 1e00000.display-frontend (ops 0xc0a4eeb0)
[    1.016862] sun4i-drm display-engine: bound 1e60000.display-backend (ops 0xc0a4e724)
[    1.020569] sun4i-drm display-engine: bound 1e70000.drc (ops 0xc0a4e254)
[    1.023389] sun4i-drm display-engine: bound 1c0c000.lcd-controller (ops 0xc0a4d44c)
[    1.032010] fb0: switching to sun4i-drm-fb from simple
[    1.035195] [drm] Initialized sun4i_drm 1.0.0 20150629 for display-engine on minor 2
[    1.096385] sun4i-drm display-engine: fb0: sun4i_drmdrmfb frame buffer device

for xorg log :

[  5795.469] (II) xfree86: Adding drm device (/dev/dri/card2)
[  5795.474] (II) systemd-logind: got fd for /dev/dri/card2 226:2 fd 10 paused 0
[  5795.476] (II) xfree86: Adding drm device (/dev/dri/card1)
[  5795.481] (II) systemd-logind: got fd for /dev/dri/card1 226:1 fd 11 paused 0
[  5795.483] (II) xfree86: Adding drm device (/dev/dri/card0)
[  5795.487] (II) systemd-logind: got fd for /dev/dri/card0 226:0 fd 12 paused 0
[  5795.488] (II) no primary bus or device found
[  5795.488]    falling back to /sys/devices/platform/display-engine/drm/card2
[  5795.517] (II) modesetting: Driver for Modesetting Kernel Drivers: kms
[  5795.517] (II) FBDEV: driver for framebuffer: fbdev
[  5795.518] (II) modeset(0): using drv /dev/dri/card2
[  5795.961] (==) modeset(0): DPMS enabled
[  5795.962] (II) modeset(0): [DRI2] Setup complete
[  5795.962] (II) modeset(0): [DRI2]   DRI driver: sun4i_drm
[  5795.962] (II) modeset(0): [DRI2]   VDPAU driver: sun4i_drm
[  5795.962] (II) Initializing extension Generic Event Extension
[  5795.965] (II) Initializing extension GLX
[  5796.004] (II) AIGLX: Loaded and initialized sun4i_drm
[  5796.005] (II) GLX: Initialized DRI2 GL provider for screen 0
[  5796.005] (II) Initializing extension XFree86-VidModeExtension
[  5796.005] (II) Initializing extension XFree86-DGA
[  5796.005] (II) Initializing extension XFree86-DRI
[  5796.005] (II) Initializing extension DRI2

my xorg show another card2 device and load sun4i-drm, you miss something

1 Like

Here’s mine:

cpi@clockworkpi:~$ dmesg | grep lima
[    0.928381] lima 1c40000.gpu: bus rate = 200000000
[    0.933169] lima 1c40000.gpu: mod rate = 384000000
[    0.938411] lima 1c40000.gpu: gp - mali400 version major 1 minor 1
[    0.944625] lima 1c40000.gpu: pp0 - mali400 version major 1 minor 1
[    0.950938] lima 1c40000.gpu: pp1 - mali400 version major 1 minor 1
[    0.957228] lima 1c40000.gpu: l2 cache 64K, 4-way, 64byte cache line, 64bit external bus
[    0.965997] [drm] Initialized lima 1.0.0 20190217 for 1c40000.gpu on minor 0

and:

cpi@clockworkpi:~$ dmesg | grep sun4i
[    1.052308] sun4i-ss 1c15000.crypto-engine: Die ID 5
[    1.131838] sun4i-drm display-engine: bound 1e00000.display-frontend (ops 0xc08495f8)
[    1.139926] sun4i-drm display-engine: bound 1e60000.display-backend (ops 0xc0848cbc)
[    1.147681] sun4i-drm display-engine: bound 1e70000.drc (ops 0xc08487ec)
[    1.154737] sun4i-drm display-engine: bound 1c0c000.lcd-controller (ops 0xc08479e4)
[    1.174933] fb0: switching to sun4i-drm-fb from simple
[    1.186345] [drm] Initialized sun4i_drm 1.0.0 20150629 for display-engine on minor 1
[    1.256311] sun4i-drm display-engine: fb0: sun4i_drmdrmfb frame buffer device

and xorg log:

[    23.256] 
X.Org X Server 1.20.4
[    23.256] Build Operating System: Linux 4.9.0-8-arm64 armv8l Debian
[    23.256] Current Operating System: Linux clockworkpi 5.3.6-clockworkpi-cpi3 #1 SMP Tue Oct 15 17:26:44 CST 2019 armv7l
[    23.256] Kernel command line: console=ttyS0,115200n8 earlyprintk no_console_suspend root=/dev/mmcblk0p2 rootfstype=ext4 rootwait init=/sbin/init noinitrd panic=10
[    23.256] Build Date: 05 March 2019  08:11:12PM
[    23.256] xorg-server 2:1.20.4-1 (https://www.debian.org/support) 
[    23.256] Current version of pixman: 0.36.0
[    23.256] 	Before reporting problems, check http://wiki.x.org
[    23.256] Markers: (--) probed, (**) from config file, (==) default setting,
[    23.257] (==) Log file: "/home/cpi/.local/share/xorg/Xorg.0.log", Time: Fri Jan 31 15:42:33 2020
[    23.273] (++) Using config file: "/home/cpi/launcher/.xorg_lima.conf"
[    23.273] (==) Using system config directory "/usr/share/X11/xorg.conf.d"
[    23.285] (==) No Layout section.  Using the first Screen section.
[    23.285] (==) No screen section available. Using defaults.
[    23.285] (**) |-->Screen "Default Screen Section" (0)
[    23.285] (**) |   |-->Monitor "<default monitor>"
[    23.287] (==) No monitor specified for screen "Default Screen Section".
[    23.287] (**) Option "AutoAddGPU" "off"
[    23.287] (**) Option "Debug" "dmabuf_capable"
[    23.287] (==) Automatically adding devices
[    23.287] (==) Automatically enabling devices
[    23.287] (**) Not automatically adding GPU devices
[    23.294] (==) Max clients allowed: 256, resource mask: 0x1fffff
[    23.305] (WW) The directory "/usr/share/fonts/X11/cyrillic" does not exist.
[    23.305] 	Entry deleted from font path.
[    23.320] (==) FontPath set to:
	built-ins
[    23.320] (==) ModulePath set to "/usr/lib/xorg/modules"
[    23.320] (II) The server relies on udev to provide the list of input devices.
[    23.320] (II) Loader magic: 0x571f98
[    23.320] (II) Module ABI versions:
[    23.320] 	X.Org ANSI C Emulation: 0.4
[    23.320] 	X.Org Video Driver: 24.0
[    23.320] 	X.Org XInput driver : 24.1
[    23.320] 	X.Org Server Extension : 10.0
[    23.323] (++) using VT number 1

[    23.331] (II) systemd-logind: took control of session /org/freedesktop/login1/session/c1
[    23.334] (II) xfree86: Adding drm device (/dev/dri/card1)
[    23.336] (II) systemd-logind: got fd for /dev/dri/card1 226:1 fd 11 paused 0
[    23.338] (II) xfree86: Adding drm device (/dev/dri/card0)
[    23.341] (II) systemd-logind: got fd for /dev/dri/card0 226:0 fd 12 paused 0
[    23.341] (II) no primary bus or device found
[    23.342] 	falling back to /sys/devices/platform/display-engine/drm/card1
[    23.342] (II) LoadModule: "glx"
[    23.347] (II) Loading /usr/lib/xorg/modules/extensions/libglx.so
[    23.405] (II) Module glx: vendor="X.Org Foundation"
[    23.406] 	compiled for 1.20.4, module version = 1.0.0
[    23.406] 	ABI class: X.Org Server Extension, version 10.0
[    23.406] (==) Matched modesetting as autoconfigured driver 0
[    23.406] (==) Matched fbdev as autoconfigured driver 1
[    23.406] (==) Assigned the driver to the xf86ConfigLayout
[    23.406] (II) LoadModule: "modesetting"
[    23.406] (II) Loading /usr/lib/xorg/modules/drivers/modesetting_drv.so
[    23.411] (II) Module modesetting: vendor="X.Org Foundation"
[    23.411] 	compiled for 1.20.4, module version = 1.20.4
[    23.412] 	Module class: X.Org Video Driver
[    23.412] 	ABI class: X.Org Video Driver, version 24.0
[    23.412] (II) LoadModule: "fbdev"
[    23.412] (II) Loading /usr/lib/xorg/modules/drivers/fbdev_drv.so
[    23.414] (II) Module fbdev: vendor="X.Org Foundation"
[    23.414] 	compiled for 1.20.0, module version = 0.5.0
[    23.414] 	Module class: X.Org Video Driver
[    23.415] 	ABI class: X.Org Video Driver, version 24.0
[    23.415] (II) modesetting: Driver for Modesetting Kernel Drivers: kms
[    23.415] (II) FBDEV: driver for framebuffer: fbdev
[    23.415] (II) modeset(0): using drv /dev/dri/card1
[    23.415] (WW) Falling back to old probe method for fbdev
[    23.415] (II) Loading sub module "fbdevhw"
[    23.415] (II) LoadModule: "fbdevhw"
[    23.416] (II) Loading /usr/lib/xorg/modules/libfbdevhw.so
[    23.418] (II) Module fbdevhw: vendor="X.Org Foundation"
[    23.418] 	compiled for 1.20.4, module version = 0.0.2
[    23.418] 	ABI class: X.Org Video Driver, version 24.0
[    23.418] (WW) VGA arbiter: cannot open kernel arbiter, no multi-card support
[    23.419] (II) modeset(0): Creating default Display subsection in Screen section
[    23.419] (==) modeset(0): Depth 24, (==) framebuffer bpp 32
[    23.419] (==) modeset(0): RGB weight 888
[    23.419] (==) modeset(0): Default visual is TrueColor
[    23.419] (II) Loading sub module "glamoregl"
[    23.419] (II) LoadModule: "glamoregl"
[    23.419] (II) Loading /usr/lib/xorg/modules/libglamoregl.so
[    23.489] (II) Module glamoregl: vendor="X.Org Foundation"
[    23.489] 	compiled for 1.20.4, module version = 1.0.1
[    23.489] 	ABI class: X.Org ANSI C Emulation, version 0.4
[    25.204] (II) modeset(0): Refusing to try glamor on llvmpipe
[    25.213] (EE) modeset(0): glamor initialization failed
[    25.213] (II) modeset(0): ShadowFB: preferred NO, enabled NO
[    25.220] (II) modeset(0): Output None-1 has no monitor section
[    25.220] (II) modeset(0): EDID for output None-1
[    25.220] (II) modeset(0): Printing probed modes for output None-1
[    25.221] (II) modeset(0): Modeline "320x240"x59.8    5.80  320 326 328 388  240 242 244 250 +hsync +vsync (14.9 kHz eP)
[    25.221] (II) modeset(0): Output None-1 connected
[    25.221] (II) modeset(0): Using exact sizes for initial modes
[    25.221] (II) modeset(0): Output None-1 using initial mode 320x240 +0+0
[    25.221] (==) modeset(0): Using gamma correction (1.0, 1.0, 1.0)
[    25.221] (==) modeset(0): DPI set to (96, 96)
[    25.221] (II) Loading sub module "fb"
[    25.221] (II) LoadModule: "fb"
[    25.230] (II) Loading /usr/lib/xorg/modules/libfb.so
[    25.235] (II) Module fb: vendor="X.Org Foundation"
[    25.235] 	compiled for 1.20.4, module version = 1.0.0
[    25.235] 	ABI class: X.Org ANSI C Emulation, version 0.4
[    25.235] (II) UnloadModule: "fbdev"
[    25.236] (II) Unloading fbdev
[    25.236] (II) UnloadSubModule: "fbdevhw"
[    25.236] (II) Unloading fbdevhw
[    25.243] (==) modeset(0): Backing store enabled
[    25.243] (==) modeset(0): Silken mouse enabled
[    25.256] (II) modeset(0): Initializing kms color map for depth 24, 8 bpc.
[    25.257] (==) modeset(0): DPMS enabled
[    25.257] (II) Initializing extension Generic Event Extension
[    25.258] (II) Initializing extension SHAPE
[    25.259] (II) Initializing extension MIT-SHM
[    25.260] (II) Initializing extension XInputExtension
[    25.261] (II) Initializing extension XTEST
[    25.263] (II) Initializing extension BIG-REQUESTS
[    25.264] (II) Initializing extension SYNC
[    25.265] (II) Initializing extension XKEYBOARD
[    25.266] (II) Initializing extension XC-MISC
[    25.267] (II) Initializing extension SECURITY
[    25.268] (II) Initializing extension XFIXES
[    25.269] (II) Initializing extension RENDER
[    25.270] (II) Initializing extension RANDR
[    25.273] (II) Initializing extension COMPOSITE
[    25.274] (II) Initializing extension DAMAGE
[    25.275] (II) Initializing extension MIT-SCREEN-SAVER
[    25.276] (II) Initializing extension DOUBLE-BUFFER
[    25.277] (II) Initializing extension RECORD
[    25.278] (II) Initializing extension DPMS
[    25.279] (II) Initializing extension Present
[    25.280] (II) Initializing extension DRI3
[    25.280] (II) Initializing extension X-Resource
[    25.282] (II) Initializing extension XVideo
[    25.283] (II) Initializing extension XVideo-MotionCompensation
[    25.283] (II) Initializing extension SELinux
[    25.283] (II) SELinux: Disabled on system
[    25.283] (II) Initializing extension GLX
[    25.284] (II) AIGLX: Screen 0 is not DRI2 capable
[    25.302] (II) IGLX: Loaded and initialized swrast
[    25.302] (II) GLX: Initialized DRISWRAST GL provider for screen 0
[    25.302] (II) Initializing extension XFree86-VidModeExtension
[    25.304] (II) Initializing extension XFree86-DGA
[    25.305] (II) Initializing extension XFree86-DRI
[    25.305] (II) Initializing extension DRI2
[    25.306] (II) modeset(0): Damage tracking initialized
[    25.307] (II) modeset(0): Setting screen physical size to 84 x 63
[    25.897] (II) config/udev: Adding input device http://matrixstorm.com/avr/tinyusbboard/ tinyUSBboard (/dev/input/event1)
[    25.897] (**) http://matrixstorm.com/avr/tinyusbboard/ tinyUSBboard: Applying InputClass "libinput keyboard catchall"
[    25.897] (II) LoadModule: "libinput"
[    25.898] (II) Loading /usr/lib/xorg/modules/input/libinput_drv.so
[    25.948] (II) Module libinput: vendor="X.Org Foundation"
[    25.948] 	compiled for 1.20.4, module version = 0.28.2
[    25.948] 	Module class: X.Org XInput Driver
[    25.948] 	ABI class: X.Org XInput driver, version 24.1
[    25.948] (II) Using input driver 'libinput' for 'http://matrixstorm.com/avr/tinyusbboard/ tinyUSBboard'
[    25.952] (II) systemd-logind: got fd for /dev/input/event1 13:65 fd 20 paused 0
[    25.953] (**) http://matrixstorm.com/avr/tinyusbboard/ tinyUSBboard: always reports core events
[    25.953] (**) Option "Device" "/dev/input/event1"
[    25.953] (**) Option "_source" "server/udev"
[    25.995] (II) event1  - http://matrixstorm.com/avr/tinyusbboard/ tinyUSBboard: is tagged by udev as: Keyboard
[    25.995] (II) event1  - http://matrixstorm.com/avr/tinyusbboard/ tinyUSBboard: device is a keyboard
[    25.996] (II) event1  - http://matrixstorm.com/avr/tinyusbboard/ tinyUSBboard: device removed
[    25.997] (**) Option "config_info" "udev:/sys/devices/platform/soc/1c1a400.usb/usb2/2-1/2-1:1.0/0003:4242:E131.0001/input/input1/event1"
[    25.997] (II) XINPUT: Adding extended input device "http://matrixstorm.com/avr/tinyusbboard/ tinyUSBboard" (type: KEYBOARD, id 6)
[    25.997] (**) Option "xkb_model" "pc105"
[    25.997] (**) Option "xkb_layout" "us"
[    26.007] (II) event1  - http://matrixstorm.com/avr/tinyusbboard/ tinyUSBboard: is tagged by udev as: Keyboard
[    26.008] (II) event1  - http://matrixstorm.com/avr/tinyusbboard/ tinyUSBboard: device is a keyboard
[    26.013] (II) config/udev: Adding input device http://matrixstorm.com/avr/tinyusbboard/ tinyUSBboard (/dev/input/event2)
[    26.014] (**) http://matrixstorm.com/avr/tinyusbboard/ tinyUSBboard: Applying InputClass "libinput pointer catchall"
[    26.014] (II) Using input driver 'libinput' for 'http://matrixstorm.com/avr/tinyusbboard/ tinyUSBboard'
[    26.081] (II) systemd-logind: got fd for /dev/input/event2 13:66 fd 23 paused 0
[    26.081] (**) http://matrixstorm.com/avr/tinyusbboard/ tinyUSBboard: always reports core events
[    26.081] (**) Option "Device" "/dev/input/event2"
[    26.081] (**) Option "_source" "server/udev"
[    26.090] (II) event2  - http://matrixstorm.com/avr/tinyusbboard/ tinyUSBboard: is tagged by udev as: Mouse
[    26.091] (II) event2  - http://matrixstorm.com/avr/tinyusbboard/ tinyUSBboard: device is a pointer
[    26.092] (II) event2  - http://matrixstorm.com/avr/tinyusbboard/ tinyUSBboard: device removed
[    26.093] (**) Option "config_info" "udev:/sys/devices/platform/soc/1c1a400.usb/usb2/2-1/2-1:1.1/0003:4242:E131.0002/input/input2/event2"
[    26.093] (II) XINPUT: Adding extended input device "http://matrixstorm.com/avr/tinyusbboard/ tinyUSBboard" (type: MOUSE, id 7)
[    26.094] (**) Option "AccelerationScheme" "none"
[    26.094] (**) http://matrixstorm.com/avr/tinyusbboard/ tinyUSBboard: (accel) selected scheme none/0
[    26.094] (**) http://matrixstorm.com/avr/tinyusbboard/ tinyUSBboard: (accel) acceleration factor: 2.000
[    26.094] (**) http://matrixstorm.com/avr/tinyusbboard/ tinyUSBboard: (accel) acceleration threshold: 4
[    26.103] (II) event2  - http://matrixstorm.com/avr/tinyusbboard/ tinyUSBboard: is tagged by udev as: Mouse
[    26.104] (II) event2  - http://matrixstorm.com/avr/tinyusbboard/ tinyUSBboard: device is a pointer
[    26.110] (II) config/udev: Adding input device axp20x-pek (/dev/input/event0)
[    26.110] (**) axp20x-pek: Applying InputClass "libinput keyboard catchall"
[    26.110] (II) Using input driver 'libinput' for 'axp20x-pek'
[    26.114] (II) systemd-logind: got fd for /dev/input/event0 13:64 fd 24 paused 0
[    26.114] (**) axp20x-pek: always reports core events
[    26.114] (**) Option "Device" "/dev/input/event0"
[    26.114] (**) Option "_source" "server/udev"
[    26.122] (II) event0  - axp20x-pek: is tagged by udev as: Keyboard
[    26.122] (II) event0  - axp20x-pek: device is a keyboard
[    26.123] (II) event0  - axp20x-pek: device removed
[    26.123] (**) Option "config_info" "udev:/sys/devices/platform/soc/1f03400.rsb/sunxi-rsb-3a3/axp221-pek/input/input0/event0"
[    26.123] (II) XINPUT: Adding extended input device "axp20x-pek" (type: KEYBOARD, id 8)
[    26.123] (**) Option "xkb_model" "pc105"
[    26.123] (**) Option "xkb_layout" "us"
[    26.131] (II) event0  - axp20x-pek: is tagged by udev as: Keyboard
[    26.131] (II) event0  - axp20x-pek: device is a keyboard
[    26.635] (II) modeset(0): Disabling kernel dirty updates, not required.

I don’t know why mine doesn’t show the card 2 device or try to load sun4i-drm.

It seems like my driver files are all in place? Maybe I’m missing something in a config file somewhere?

1 Like

Even though it seems like my mesa build is fine, I just did a git pull of the latest and I’m doing a build as described here:

(The parameters are a little different and it sounds like it was working for him, so I figured it couldn’t hurt.)

But I still think something is just wrong in a config file somewhere, and I have no idea where to look. :frowning:

After the rebuild I have this in my xorg log instead. Still no mention of card 2, but [ 24.417] (EE) AIGLX error: Calling driver entry point failed is new, and there is at least a mention of sun4i on a couple of lines.

[    23.299] 
X.Org X Server 1.20.4
[    23.299] Build Operating System: Linux 4.9.0-8-arm64 armv8l Debian
[    23.299] Current Operating System: Linux clockworkpi 5.3.6-clockworkpi-cpi3 #1 SMP Tue Oct 15 17:26:44 CST 2019 armv7l
[    23.300] Kernel command line: console=ttyS0,115200n8 earlyprintk no_console_suspend root=/dev/mmcblk0p2 rootfstype=ext4 rootwait init=/sbin/init noinitrd panic=10
[    23.300] Build Date: 05 March 2019  08:11:12PM
[    23.300] xorg-server 2:1.20.4-1 (https://www.debian.org/support) 
[    23.300] Current version of pixman: 0.36.0
[    23.300] 	Before reporting problems, check http://wiki.x.org
[    23.300] Markers: (--) probed, (**) from config file, (==) default setting,
[    23.301] (==) Log file: "/home/cpi/.local/share/xorg/Xorg.0.log", Time: Fri Jan 31 16:13:54 2020
[    23.311] (++) Using config file: "/home/cpi/launcher/.xorg_lima.conf"
[    23.311] (==) Using system config directory "/usr/share/X11/xorg.conf.d"
[    23.323] (==) No Layout section.  Using the first Screen section.
[    23.323] (==) No screen section available. Using defaults.
[    23.323] (**) |-->Screen "Default Screen Section" (0)
[    23.323] (**) |   |-->Monitor "<default monitor>"
[    23.324] (==) No monitor specified for screen "Default Screen Section".
[    23.325] (**) Option "AutoAddGPU" "off"
[    23.325] (**) Option "Debug" "dmabuf_capable"
[    23.325] (==) Automatically adding devices
[    23.325] (==) Automatically enabling devices
[    23.325] (**) Not automatically adding GPU devices
[    23.331] (==) Max clients allowed: 256, resource mask: 0x1fffff
[    23.343] (WW) The directory "/usr/share/fonts/X11/cyrillic" does not exist.
[    23.343] 	Entry deleted from font path.
[    23.357] (==) FontPath set to:
	built-ins
[    23.357] (==) ModulePath set to "/usr/lib/xorg/modules"
[    23.357] (II) The server relies on udev to provide the list of input devices.
[    23.357] (II) Loader magic: 0x590f98
[    23.357] (II) Module ABI versions:
[    23.357] 	X.Org ANSI C Emulation: 0.4
[    23.357] 	X.Org Video Driver: 24.0
[    23.358] 	X.Org XInput driver : 24.1
[    23.358] 	X.Org Server Extension : 10.0
[    23.361] (++) using VT number 1

[    23.369] (II) systemd-logind: took control of session /org/freedesktop/login1/session/c1
[    23.372] (II) xfree86: Adding drm device (/dev/dri/card1)
[    23.374] (II) systemd-logind: got fd for /dev/dri/card1 226:1 fd 11 paused 0
[    23.376] (II) xfree86: Adding drm device (/dev/dri/card0)
[    23.379] (II) systemd-logind: got fd for /dev/dri/card0 226:0 fd 12 paused 0
[    23.379] (II) no primary bus or device found
[    23.380] 	falling back to /sys/devices/platform/display-engine/drm/card1
[    23.380] (II) LoadModule: "glx"
[    23.385] (II) Loading /usr/lib/xorg/modules/extensions/libglx.so
[    23.444] (II) Module glx: vendor="X.Org Foundation"
[    23.444] 	compiled for 1.20.4, module version = 1.0.0
[    23.444] 	ABI class: X.Org Server Extension, version 10.0
[    23.444] (==) Matched modesetting as autoconfigured driver 0
[    23.444] (==) Matched fbdev as autoconfigured driver 1
[    23.444] (==) Assigned the driver to the xf86ConfigLayout
[    23.444] (II) LoadModule: "modesetting"
[    23.445] (II) Loading /usr/lib/xorg/modules/drivers/modesetting_drv.so
[    23.450] (II) Module modesetting: vendor="X.Org Foundation"
[    23.450] 	compiled for 1.20.4, module version = 1.20.4
[    23.450] 	Module class: X.Org Video Driver
[    23.450] 	ABI class: X.Org Video Driver, version 24.0
[    23.450] (II) LoadModule: "fbdev"
[    23.450] (II) Loading /usr/lib/xorg/modules/drivers/fbdev_drv.so
[    23.453] (II) Module fbdev: vendor="X.Org Foundation"
[    23.453] 	compiled for 1.20.0, module version = 0.5.0
[    23.453] 	Module class: X.Org Video Driver
[    23.453] 	ABI class: X.Org Video Driver, version 24.0
[    23.453] (II) modesetting: Driver for Modesetting Kernel Drivers: kms
[    23.453] (II) FBDEV: driver for framebuffer: fbdev
[    23.453] (II) modeset(0): using drv /dev/dri/card1
[    23.453] (WW) Falling back to old probe method for fbdev
[    23.454] (II) Loading sub module "fbdevhw"
[    23.454] (II) LoadModule: "fbdevhw"
[    23.454] (II) Loading /usr/lib/xorg/modules/libfbdevhw.so
[    23.456] (II) Module fbdevhw: vendor="X.Org Foundation"
[    23.456] 	compiled for 1.20.4, module version = 0.0.2
[    23.456] 	ABI class: X.Org Video Driver, version 24.0
[    23.456] (WW) VGA arbiter: cannot open kernel arbiter, no multi-card support
[    23.457] (II) modeset(0): Creating default Display subsection in Screen section
[    23.457] (==) modeset(0): Depth 24, (==) framebuffer bpp 32
[    23.457] (==) modeset(0): RGB weight 888
[    23.457] (==) modeset(0): Default visual is TrueColor
[    23.457] (II) Loading sub module "glamoregl"
[    23.457] (II) LoadModule: "glamoregl"
[    23.458] (II) Loading /usr/lib/xorg/modules/libglamoregl.so
[    23.527] (II) Module glamoregl: vendor="X.Org Foundation"
[    23.527] 	compiled for 1.20.4, module version = 1.0.1
[    23.527] 	ABI class: X.Org ANSI C Emulation, version 0.4
[    24.051] (II) modeset(0): glamor X acceleration enabled on softpipe
[    24.051] (II) modeset(0): glamor initialized
[    24.059] (II) modeset(0): Output None-1 has no monitor section
[    24.059] (II) modeset(0): EDID for output None-1
[    24.059] (II) modeset(0): Printing probed modes for output None-1
[    24.060] (II) modeset(0): Modeline "320x240"x59.8    5.80  320 326 328 388  240 242 244 250 +hsync +vsync (14.9 kHz eP)
[    24.060] (II) modeset(0): Output None-1 connected
[    24.060] (II) modeset(0): Using exact sizes for initial modes
[    24.060] (II) modeset(0): Output None-1 using initial mode 320x240 +0+0
[    24.061] (==) modeset(0): Using gamma correction (1.0, 1.0, 1.0)
[    24.061] (==) modeset(0): DPI set to (96, 96)
[    24.061] (II) Loading sub module "fb"
[    24.061] (II) LoadModule: "fb"
[    24.067] (II) Loading /usr/lib/xorg/modules/libfb.so
[    24.073] (II) Module fb: vendor="X.Org Foundation"
[    24.073] 	compiled for 1.20.4, module version = 1.0.0
[    24.073] 	ABI class: X.Org ANSI C Emulation, version 0.4
[    24.073] (II) UnloadModule: "fbdev"
[    24.073] (II) Unloading fbdev
[    24.073] (II) UnloadSubModule: "fbdevhw"
[    24.074] (II) Unloading fbdevhw
[    24.350] (==) modeset(0): Backing store enabled
[    24.351] (==) modeset(0): Silken mouse enabled
[    24.370] (II) modeset(0): Initializing kms color map for depth 24, 8 bpc.
[    24.370] (==) modeset(0): DPMS enabled
[    24.373] (II) modeset(0): [DRI2] Setup complete
[    24.373] (II) modeset(0): [DRI2]   DRI driver: sun4i_drm
[    24.373] (II) modeset(0): [DRI2]   VDPAU driver: sun4i_drm
[    24.373] (II) Initializing extension Generic Event Extension
[    24.374] (II) Initializing extension SHAPE
[    24.375] (II) Initializing extension MIT-SHM
[    24.376] (II) Initializing extension XInputExtension
[    24.378] (II) Initializing extension XTEST
[    24.379] (II) Initializing extension BIG-REQUESTS
[    24.380] (II) Initializing extension SYNC
[    24.381] (II) Initializing extension XKEYBOARD
[    24.382] (II) Initializing extension XC-MISC
[    24.383] (II) Initializing extension SECURITY
[    24.384] (II) Initializing extension XFIXES
[    24.385] (II) Initializing extension RENDER
[    24.387] (II) Initializing extension RANDR
[    24.389] (II) Initializing extension COMPOSITE
[    24.390] (II) Initializing extension DAMAGE
[    24.391] (II) Initializing extension MIT-SCREEN-SAVER
[    24.392] (II) Initializing extension DOUBLE-BUFFER
[    24.393] (II) Initializing extension RECORD
[    24.394] (II) Initializing extension DPMS
[    24.395] (II) Initializing extension Present
[    24.396] (II) Initializing extension DRI3
[    24.397] (II) Initializing extension X-Resource
[    24.399] (II) Initializing extension XVideo
[    24.400] (II) Initializing extension XVideo-MotionCompensation
[    24.400] (II) Initializing extension SELinux
[    24.400] (II) SELinux: Disabled on system
[    24.400] (II) Initializing extension GLX
[    24.417] (EE) AIGLX error: Calling driver entry point failed
[    24.435] (II) IGLX: Loaded and initialized swrast
[    24.435] (II) GLX: Initialized DRISWRAST GL provider for screen 0
[    24.435] (II) Initializing extension XFree86-VidModeExtension
[    24.436] (II) Initializing extension XFree86-DGA
[    24.438] (II) Initializing extension XFree86-DRI
[    24.438] (II) Initializing extension DRI2
[    24.445] (II) modeset(0): Damage tracking initialized
[    24.445] (II) modeset(0): Setting screen physical size to 84 x 63
[    25.127] (II) config/udev: Adding input device http://matrixstorm.com/avr/tinyusbboard/ tinyUSBboard (/dev/input/event1)
[    25.128] (**) http://matrixstorm.com/avr/tinyusbboard/ tinyUSBboard: Applying InputClass "libinput keyboard catchall"
[    25.128] (II) LoadModule: "libinput"
[    25.128] (II) Loading /usr/lib/xorg/modules/input/libinput_drv.so
[    25.181] (II) Module libinput: vendor="X.Org Foundation"
[    25.182] 	compiled for 1.20.4, module version = 0.28.2
[    25.182] 	Module class: X.Org XInput Driver
[    25.182] 	ABI class: X.Org XInput driver, version 24.1
[    25.182] (II) Using input driver 'libinput' for 'http://matrixstorm.com/avr/tinyusbboard/ tinyUSBboard'
[    25.186] (II) systemd-logind: got fd for /dev/input/event1 13:65 fd 22 paused 0
[    25.186] (**) http://matrixstorm.com/avr/tinyusbboard/ tinyUSBboard: always reports core events
[    25.186] (**) Option "Device" "/dev/input/event1"
[    25.187] (**) Option "_source" "server/udev"
[    25.226] (II) event1  - http://matrixstorm.com/avr/tinyusbboard/ tinyUSBboard: is tagged by udev as: Keyboard
[    25.226] (II) event1  - http://matrixstorm.com/avr/tinyusbboard/ tinyUSBboard: device is a keyboard
[    25.228] (II) event1  - http://matrixstorm.com/avr/tinyusbboard/ tinyUSBboard: device removed
[    25.228] (**) Option "config_info" "udev:/sys/devices/platform/soc/1c1a400.usb/usb2/2-1/2-1:1.0/0003:4242:E131.0001/input/input1/event1"
[    25.228] (II) XINPUT: Adding extended input device "http://matrixstorm.com/avr/tinyusbboard/ tinyUSBboard" (type: KEYBOARD, id 6)
[    25.228] (**) Option "xkb_model" "pc105"
[    25.228] (**) Option "xkb_layout" "us"
[    25.238] (II) event1  - http://matrixstorm.com/avr/tinyusbboard/ tinyUSBboard: is tagged by udev as: Keyboard
[    25.238] (II) event1  - http://matrixstorm.com/avr/tinyusbboard/ tinyUSBboard: device is a keyboard
[    25.244] (II) config/udev: Adding input device http://matrixstorm.com/avr/tinyusbboard/ tinyUSBboard (/dev/input/event2)
[    25.244] (**) http://matrixstorm.com/avr/tinyusbboard/ tinyUSBboard: Applying InputClass "libinput pointer catchall"
[    25.244] (II) Using input driver 'libinput' for 'http://matrixstorm.com/avr/tinyusbboard/ tinyUSBboard'
[    25.311] (II) systemd-logind: got fd for /dev/input/event2 13:66 fd 25 paused 0
[    25.311] (**) http://matrixstorm.com/avr/tinyusbboard/ tinyUSBboard: always reports core events
[    25.311] (**) Option "Device" "/dev/input/event2"
[    25.311] (**) Option "_source" "server/udev"
[    25.320] (II) event2  - http://matrixstorm.com/avr/tinyusbboard/ tinyUSBboard: is tagged by udev as: Mouse
[    25.321] (II) event2  - http://matrixstorm.com/avr/tinyusbboard/ tinyUSBboard: device is a pointer
[    25.322] (II) event2  - http://matrixstorm.com/avr/tinyusbboard/ tinyUSBboard: device removed
[    25.323] (**) Option "config_info" "udev:/sys/devices/platform/soc/1c1a400.usb/usb2/2-1/2-1:1.1/0003:4242:E131.0002/input/input2/event2"
[    25.323] (II) XINPUT: Adding extended input device "http://matrixstorm.com/avr/tinyusbboard/ tinyUSBboard" (type: MOUSE, id 7)
[    25.324] (**) Option "AccelerationScheme" "none"
[    25.324] (**) http://matrixstorm.com/avr/tinyusbboard/ tinyUSBboard: (accel) selected scheme none/0
[    25.324] (**) http://matrixstorm.com/avr/tinyusbboard/ tinyUSBboard: (accel) acceleration factor: 2.000
[    25.324] (**) http://matrixstorm.com/avr/tinyusbboard/ tinyUSBboard: (accel) acceleration threshold: 4
[    25.332] (II) event2  - http://matrixstorm.com/avr/tinyusbboard/ tinyUSBboard: is tagged by udev as: Mouse
[    25.333] (II) event2  - http://matrixstorm.com/avr/tinyusbboard/ tinyUSBboard: device is a pointer
[    25.339] (II) config/udev: Adding input device axp20x-pek (/dev/input/event0)
[    25.339] (**) axp20x-pek: Applying InputClass "libinput keyboard catchall"
[    25.339] (II) Using input driver 'libinput' for 'axp20x-pek'
[    25.342] (II) systemd-logind: got fd for /dev/input/event0 13:64 fd 26 paused 0
[    25.343] (**) axp20x-pek: always reports core events
[    25.343] (**) Option "Device" "/dev/input/event0"
[    25.343] (**) Option "_source" "server/udev"
[    25.351] (II) event0  - axp20x-pek: is tagged by udev as: Keyboard
[    25.351] (II) event0  - axp20x-pek: device is a keyboard
[    25.351] (II) event0  - axp20x-pek: device removed
[    25.352] (**) Option "config_info" "udev:/sys/devices/platform/soc/1f03400.rsb/sunxi-rsb-3a3/axp221-pek/input/input0/event0"
[    25.352] (II) XINPUT: Adding extended input device "axp20x-pek" (type: KEYBOARD, id 8)
[    25.352] (**) Option "xkb_model" "pc105"
[    25.352] (**) Option "xkb_layout" "us"
[    25.360] (II) event0  - axp20x-pek: is tagged by udev as: Keyboard
[    25.360] (II) event0  - axp20x-pek: device is a keyboard
[    26.236] (II) modeset(0): Disabling kernel dirty updates, not required.

The only difference between this one and the last one is that I ran a git pull on my mesa code directory, and then I rebuilt it with:

meson build/ --optimization s --buildtype release --prefix=/usr --libdir=lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf -Dgallium-drivers=lima,panfrost,kmsro,swrast -Dplatforms=x11,drm,surfaceless -Dvulkan-drivers= -Ddri-drivers= -Dllvm=false

ninja -C build/

sudo ninja -C build/ install

I didn’t change anything else, and yet the logs are somewhat different. Hopefully this provides a clue to you @r043v. I’m still very much in the dark!

1 Like