Feedback to closing: Wen ship? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Hello,

when things goes beyond these limits, it’s anarchy, and I cannot allow anarchy her

Is this your forum Godzil? When no, calm down relax and lat another Admin do the job for a while. For me its hard to read your stuff. Your last post, sounds like a ego trip, no offence.

I sended a Message to you, with a suggestion, have you think about it?

Greetings,
Rene

1 Like

If you have a problem with a mod, build a case and submit to ClockworkPi for review.

This is useless shit, there’s no need for it. It is not constructive.

1 Like

Hi,

why are you being so rude, one can discuss a matter.

Greetings,
Rene

@Godzil

Quoting you from the other thread:

For the TL;DR, yes I’m in power here, I’ve asked people to calm down, they haven’t listen, I had to act, this is how things works everywhere where there is moderation.

You see, I’m not even opposed to closing that thread. But.
I really don’t see “please do not tempt fate” as a proper way of calming people down. I think you are doing the opposite and heating things up.

There are many options for improved moderation, such as

1. engage the community to clarify that there are difficulties,
  2. establishing a guideline explicitly,
  3. moving posts to a new thread
    etc. etc.

But so far your counter argument is that

1. The forum was running fine
  2. You think people are doing things wrong

And with that, these suggestions are neglected, and you continue to exercise your power in a way that is provocative in-your-face, by showing people that they are at your mercy.
It does not have to be like this.

3 Likes

I agree that a guideline is lacking, but thats not up to the mods, as we are not affiliated to Clockwork, we are regular users.

https://forum.clockworkpi.com/faq

We do have a FAQ, and one of the points, if you review it you will see that it was not being followed, specifically the “no-content replies”

1 Like

Oh that’s good to know. And I wish this link is brought up earlier.
After poking around I find it can be accessed here:

Bringing this up to guide the conversation in the thread, and announcing moderation actions in a neutral way, is a better approach already.

1 Like

Hi,

my suggestion to Godzil was, to create a tobic like „Can’t wait…. F5 F5 F5„, for all the can’t wait stuff.

Greetings,
Rene

1 Like

我用英文无法好好表达我的观点,我直接不客气地用中文了。
Cuz I can’t express my opinion in English, so I just use Chinese unceremoniously.

这操作我看了我都摇头,管事情没有像你们这么管的。本来活跃用户数就不多,弄了个条款告诉你说你必须得执行,你们必须听我的,因为这是我们定的规矩,不然一律处理掉,你觉得有几个人能服?就算你们有依据,有理由说我可以制裁你们,你们管理者在这大谈权力,颇有占山为王的架势,扬言逆我者亡,这种话是能随便公开说的吗?你们这么做简直和某些小区保安差不多!态度是个很大的问题!

现在大家等得烦了,燥了。本来就是想要让官方给个哪怕是状态更新也可以,就跟某些人说的那样,两周了屁都没放,这是你们的失职!我建议你们一方面安抚,一方面再去认真解释,态度诚恳些。请你们公关专业点,OK?

论坛上的人是客户也是用户也可能是潜在客户,请以后你们自己好好思量这么说的影响再做决定!经过这一次公关我真的感到非常失望。

很抱歉打扰你的工作,但是我也不希望事态走了偏颇,我觉得你该出面平息了。
@AlexDuan

6 Likes

I hope translation tools did me justice in understanding you, I agree, this has gotten out of hand and the threatening is really uncalled for. ultimately a community has formed around the wenship thread and alot of people where engaged with that thread. I dont think it was productive but alot of people where having alot of fun, and in the end isnt that the whole reason any of us even bought a clockworkpi device? its supposed to be fun, slightly filled with nonsense, and make some friends along the way, after all its not like theirs an appreciable cost to us keeping the thread open, its not Imgur after all. like that banter costs us nothing and the forum still functionally works as intended

7 Likes

I didn’t mean to be rude, I am sorry. Just mean we can handle things more constructively.

1 Like

Aww, I enjoyed reading the “Wen ship” thread from time to time, someone even wanted to make merchandise for it. :confused: :slightly_frowning_face:

2 Likes

I have an idea that may please some.

I move the Wen topic to #sandbox, you promise to not spam or post in it like asking every 5min when shipping start, and I reopen it.

Edit: Though if I see any whining anywhere about shipping being delayed, I’ll delete these messages.

3 Likes

Just wondering: what’s the issue if someone were to ask for a shipping update? The whole purpose of that thread is that such “spammy” posts are bundled in there and don’t fill other threads, such as the official “shipping updates” thread.
If anything, I believe it’s a good thing that there’s one central “chaos” thread where all the excited people can gather, speculate, have fun etc. and don’t bother the rest of the forum. I’ve read all the posts there and there was no hate or otherwise objectively bad posts, from what I can tell.

1 Like

Why be so harsh on that topic?

The product hasn’t been delivered yet, and there’s nothing for users to discuss. The topic just provides some entertainment or a way to vent frustrations.

Furthermore, the official channel hasn’t provided regular updates to inform users what’s really going on, and most users are unhappy because of the silence from the official side, not the waiting itself.

The Wen Ship topic to some extent alleviated the anxiety of users. People crack some jokes, comfort each other. I see it as a harmless activity. Also, users here follow the rules, no one creates new topics asking “when will the product ship”, everyone focuses on that one or two existing topics.

Administrators have countless mild options to deal with this topic, rather than harshly closing it down.

6 Likes

处理问题的mod也并非来自官方,只是这个论坛的版主,他也代表不了官方态度。

当然我还是认同你不少观点。官方定时上来发个进展应该不是什么难事,但一直保持沉默,要不是之前的产品最终还是顺利交付,并且质量还不错的话,路人还以为这是被诈骗了。 :smile:

无论何时何地,保持沟通渠道通畅都是最重要的。

3 Likes

As said multiple times, there is a different with entertain and being needy.

One is acting like adults the other like small kids who cannot control themselves.

The first side is acceptable, the second is not.

Also to be clear about how moderation work here, we are in power as in charge of making sure the forum is not running into a wasteland of turning into a hate based location.
Yes moderation is not meant to be friendly, that’s why I use the “moderation” colour when it is about moderation and not myself. The me and moderator me are not the same.

We as moderator on this forum are not being pushy, but when thing start to get out of control, we sadly have to act, and, that’s what was happening here in that specific topic. I know that not everything on that topic was going out of control, but what would you do when people are not listening ro your request of calming down?

That’s when you have to take measure.

Allso to somewhat answer someone somewhere else. I’m not paid by CPi for what I do here, I do that on my free time, and I have a life. Also the people in the forum were behaving reasonably well, it is really recently that thing started to be out of control, and request for calming were asked way before acting.

If you have kids and you warn them about something, if they continue to do the same thing, do you just do nothing because? No you have to act. That’s exactly how a forum work.
Sometimes people start to act like kids and sadly when they don’t listen, you have to act.

5 Likes

You’re absolutely right, forum management is maintained spontaneously,not paid by CPi at all, and all mods were the first generation of GameShell produced at that time, who contributed a lot to the forum.

In fact, the forum has been spontaneously maintained to this day, which is a small miracle.

Here is the latest progress of uConsole:

It has been delayed, just like flight delays due to bad weather.

In fact, there are always actively preparing for shipment, but after all,
need time to do adjustments of hardware,software ,recreating new models ,try different materials

and the quantity is small, and the factory is relatively (very) late in sorting orders.

Many people may not fully understand the process of producing electronic products.

In fact, a factory is constantly accepting orders and producing, unless your order quantity is large enough to support the entire factory, otherwise various products actually sharing a same production line in order

5 Likes