First Run Experience (not good)

I think that could be due to the recent update of launcher alone with OS v0.5 image. Your gameshell probably came with OS v0.4 image. I had the same problem a few days ago. You need to revert the launcher to older version, for example, the ebe816b commit in Dec 4 (https://github.com/clockworkpi/launcher/commits/master?after=18c1b186af6383c7c99ca88335182e996112b554+34) before the new feature of warehouse was introduced.

To do that, first you need to be able to SSH into your gameshell. (How to transfer files with TinyCloud through SSH) Did you by any chance opened TinyCloud before the launcher update and note down the IP address? If you did, you can SSH into your gameshell by typing in command line of you computer: ssh cpi@[ip address of your gameshell] and type in password, which is cpi.

After that you can set up git and pull the old version from github. I will explain to you what to do next in details if you can do SSH. If not, I guess you need to reflash the SD card. (Unless there is a way to get the IP address of your gameshell)