How to transfer files with TinyCloud through SSH

This thread has all info on how you can enter the TinyCloud on GameShell through SSH.

What you need:

Hardware

• A wireless network connection (WiFi) :globe_with_meridians:
  • A GameShell unit :video_game:
  • A computer with access to a network. :computer:

Software

You also can use the stock Terminal on MAC & Linux. Or within Putty if you are using Windows.
(Pro’s only :wink:)

Step 1. Install one of the recommended SSH clients on your operating system.
For this tutorial i am using FileZilla

Step 2: Make sure your GameShell connected to the same wireless network as the computer you are using.

You can do this through; Home screen >>settings >> Wi-Fi.

Step 3: Check your SSH / SCP ip adres in TinyCloud on your GameShell.

You can do this through; Home screen >>TinyCloud

Remember the IP address that is shown. In this example the IP is: 192.168.137.213
Also remember the ID (username) and password (Key). Both are: cpi

Step 4: Open FileZilla.

Step 5: Enter your IP, Username, Password & Port in the above fields.
The default port for SSH is always 22.

After you’ve done this click on connect.

If you followed the steps properly. You should get messages saying that FileZilla (or another program) is connecting to GameShel.

Step 6. When connected you can see your own computers local folders & files on the left. And the GameShell folders & on the right.

From here you can simply drag files from left to right in the folder you want stuff to go to.

Good luck!

19 Likes

Thanks for the quality tutorial :slight_smile:

1 Like

How to transfer files from putty or must I use Apple and filezilla?

http://www.hypexr.org/linux_scp_help.php with scp from ssh

You can also use putty. Same method. Slightly different interface

Ok so I got 3 games moved to the games/MGBA. but can’t see any games to play in GS

Go to:

And edit action.config (Right click edit for example)

Add gbc save and reboot.

1 Like

Did it to the T and still can’t play game boy games15328260903951472048248

Any help? I can’t play any games . I thought to start with Gameboy then move onto other systems

I’m not sure but I see you have some quotes (") in the line that says EXT:

"EXT=gba,gbx,gbc"

Try removing those quotes and see if it works. Don’t forget to reboot the GS after saving the file.

1 Like

Removing the quotes works games work now . Thanks guys

1 Like

i tried to use PuTTy for this and theres no GUI at all simply just a CMD box am i doing something wrong? is there a way to open an scp gui for simpler transferall of data?

1 Like

Yes thats how PuTTY is, you need WinSCP for a GUI or filezilla https://winscp.net/eng/download.php

2 Likes

thank you ! very new to all of this Huge time gamer, never really messed with hacking or coding or anything of the sort trying to just use google and forum posts to muddle through it but this will help immensly last time i tried to add a file to a specific folder on my shell i had to drag it into the shared games folder then ssh into it and run an mv command to relocate the file haha this should make this alot easier!

1 Like

how do i transfer files over putty?

is there a way to transfer files over file explorer in windows? i know i cann access my GameShell through file explorer but dragging and dropping files doesnt work.

i have the same problem. i dont know how to transfer roms over putty

i followed this guide by @nouty and it worked for me and im just like you a huge gamer but never messed with hacks and coding. im playing snes games rn in my GS. if you run into any problems ask me.

Did you get it yet ?

1 Like