General uConsole accessories discussion thread

I find this on amazon: NooElec NESDR Nano 3
Will it fit on the uconsole? I find few reviews on google. I think it will do RX and TX.

Na, those RTL based SDRs are RX only below 2G

2 Likes

If someone wants to test the antenna holder Iā€™ve made: Printables

I am waiting for feedback from those that already got theirs.

RTL SDRā€™s will pickup UHF, VHF and some HF ham radio - they will pick up wireless mics - I use one at our church to check wireless mic signals - they will receive ham radio -, fm police bands, weatherā€¦ Iā€™ve used it to hunt down noise sources - but will not receive ultra high frequencies as you state.

I want to do something similar, and need general volumetric models of everything both internal/external.

If mine ends up showing next Tues, Iā€™ll restrain myself from immediate putting it together. I should be able to bang out coarse 3D models of all the parts and pieces over the holiday weekend.

Iā€™ll push those up to GitHub when Iā€™m done, and ping you.

1 Like

Started a repo for my 3D models. Pushed the keypad last night. Iā€™ll continue to model things throughout the week.

Beware, these are just coarse models to help with making custom widgets to use with the uConsole. If you need tight tolerances for your purposes, donā€™t use these.

Images normal to the surface of each part, as good as I can get with a phone and shaky hands.