Good News ,The last module has been complete!

How did you get to July?

90 business days from November 1st would be March 10th, assuming holidays in China. This would be 130 calendar days, skipping 17 Saturdays and Sundays as well as New Year’s Holiday and Golden Week.

4 Likes

The delivery date may be mid-March at the earliest.

That was an original TARGET date not a date cast in stone. As has been stated in the updates there have been delays as Fyde have had supply chain issues, that as a very small order client (for suppliers/assemblers) are understandable

2 Likes

Ahhh, hit include, not exclude. Mar 6th if you ordered Oct 25th.

I never said otherwise. If someone asks what 90 businesses days is, I can show them where that is on a calendar.

If the uConsole has been delayed, that hasn’t been communicated to customers or the public. Delays happen, but it’s just good business to be upfront about them so you don’t lose preorders.

I agree with @mikeschnier, no delays were communicated.

in fact, iirc someone got an email saying they were ahead of schedule :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Perhaps, but it is March now, and still no official updates.

I’m of the mentality “If it comes, it comes”. I see people trying to predict when it will show up. I think it’s best to just kind of forget about it until something pops up in email, whenever that might be. “Hakuna Matata” and all that. I still like to read threads and think about stuff to do with it, but I’ve long since given up watching the clock.
:face_with_peeking_eye::mantelpiece_clock:

6 Likes

I check the forum and Twitter every day. Can’t help it. Someone said there was supposed to be news last or this week. But nothing happened. Guess I’m slowly going back to that mode again as well. :smiling_face_with_tear:

4 Likes

Glad to know I’m not the only one

3 Likes

same way when I purchased the DevTerm - so happy once it got here…
Dev_term_internal

5 Likes

I tend to read the forms a few times a week along with LTT and Framework (laptop) forums. It’s cool to see what tech projects and problems people got going on.

3 Likes

I know you want to receive the device but I have to agree with @hctr here. It will come when it comes.

It’s hard waiting on something you are eager to get but my recommendation is put it out of your head, you will only lose sleep over it otherwise.

2 Likes

Is there any info on whether it will be possible to purchase the 4G module separately, in the future? Right now, it seems only available bundled with the uConsole.

2 Likes

Uconsole can always be purchased separately without CM4 core for only $119

I’m also hoping the 4G module will be sold separately at some point. I couldn’t justify getting it with the uConsole, but it might be useful later…

4 Likes

Shortly after I put in my order, I regretted not getting the 4g module so I emailed them and was able to add it to my order for $50. Hopefully they just add it to store after it launches!

6 Likes

A mobile, ultra compact and somewhat rugged Linux machine with internet access everywhere (especially if you already have a second or third SIM card connected to your contract) and built-in battery could really come in handy.
For instance, serving as a modem for another device like a 3D printer that you want to connect to remotely. Let’s say you have a maker space in a garage somewhere with obviously no internet connection and you want to monitor a 3D print. Something like that. Obviously don’t want to leave your phone there overnight, right. Yet still spending 100-200 bucks on a 4G router seems stupid if you can get the uConsole for ~200 or a bit more, but get much more functionality.

When not using it for this purpose (leaving it somewhere unattended), the built-in 4G may still come in handy, but you could also then swap out the card for a custom-made e.g. serial card to program your microcontroller devboards and if needed just get the WiFi from your phone hotspot. Many many possibilities.

2 Likes

I plan on using my mobile hotspot for when I don’t have WiFi. College, work, and home all have WiFi i can connect to anyway. Another use for the uConsole is an SSH machine, to connect to your home computer and maybe write something in Vim or SSH into your homes server to check on it.

2 Likes