Got tired of waiting, made my own

Got tired of waiting on the Devterm, so I made my own.

22 Likes

CyberTerm 2077
Or, something might appear in Mad Max

3 Likes

That does look nice indeed!

1 Like

wow, looking cooooool

1 Like

If anyone has any interest, here are the shell pieces.

2 Likes

How did you make this? It looks really cool.

1 Like

Pi 4 8GB, 3.5in TFT hat, and a very janky 4ah battery pack, I 3D scanned the keyboard for a good fit. Also has a little amp and speaker tucked away, and a couple of attachments: a joystick that fits into the left notch for controlling another sick open source project, the Bittle, and a Intel RealSense 3D camera that attaches to the back.

rockpi4b 4gb, pijuice, pitft35r, thermal printer, twiddler3, vufine, another pi compatible 10,000mah battery, noir camera, day/night w/ ir illumination camera… keeps me core warm

…what are you talking about?

1 Like

1 Like

The “Mark 11” decal on the side is low-key my favorite part :stuck_out_tongue:

Looks a bit explosive! :grimacing:

2 Likes

You do know you will get pulled out of line if you enter an airport like that, right?

2 Likes

Hey now, judging he’s posted these images in every thread on the site, they probably already know.

2 Likes

Also, show a little respect for the champion of RadioShack’s “see how much crap you can hook together without it catching fire” award.

3 Likes

OMG people calm down.
→ First warning

6 Likes

I’m totally not tired of waiting, but I still made my own.

5 Likes

I love that screen! You have a link for it?

It’s the waveshare 7.9”. You can find it on the Waveshare site, Amazon, and some other places. It’s got its hdmi controller board attached to the back and some mounting holes, which makes it really convenient to build with, but that makes it also pretty thick.

Woof, that’s an investment.