GSP: GameShell-Phaser

Strange, everything seems fine I really dont understand what is going on. As a last resort try the following

edit GSPLauncher.sh, it should read:

/home/cpi/GSP/nwjs-sdk-v0.27.6-linux-arm/nw /home/cpi/GSP --use-gl=egl --ignore-gpu-blacklist --disable-accelerated-2d-canvas --num-raster-threads=2 --remote-debugging-port=9222

remove the part: /home/cpi/GSP

So it should be now:

/home/cpi/GSP/nwjs-sdk-v0.27.6-linux-arm/nw --use-gl=egl --ignore-gpu-blacklist --disable-accelerated-2d-canvas --num-raster-threads=2 --remote-debugging-port=9222

Try launching the GSPLauncher again, it should just load the default nwjs page. If this does not work then I am afraid I have no other ideas on what might be the problem.

I understand your reasoning for setting the screen rectangle one pixel smaller than the screen to prevent the scrollbars, but the resulting white line is distracting! Is it possible to clear the screen to black before creating the smaller window? It’s not that important… Just aesthetics.

LasVegas

1 Like

Meh, seems that also not a solution. Maybe I’ll try to reset the GS and try again.

Yeah you are right, I will check if it is feasible for the next update

Then you certainly have problem with nwjs (assuming GSPLauncher.sh points to the correct location). Are you sure that the .so libraries existing in the /lib folder of nwjs folder are also copied in ‘/usr/lib’?

You might try executing the bash script from SSH:

~/apps/launcher/Menu/GameShell/GSPLauncher.sh

If everything is working, you should get the message: Gtk- WARNING: cannot open display: Anything else, you may have a syntax error somewhere.

LasVegas

Finally, it works :smiley:

My GS was missing libnss3.so.

Got this message when executed from terminal:

/home/cpi/GSP/nwjs-sdk-v0.27.6-linux-arm/nw: error while loading shared libraries: libnss3.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

After installing libnss3.so this the problem was solved.

sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install libnss3-dev

Thanks for all the help elefas and LasVegas :grin:.

2 Likes

Awwww snap how could I forget it! I should add it to the instructions! … or better in the installer script…

1 Like

Sorry for the necro, but that white line fix is being added to nw.js shortly (commit set with app background color fix is being merged right now), then we’ll be able to update the package.json to make everything black.

I’ve been able to make it nearly invisible on my game, but it still bugs me.

Just updated and it said something about removing pac man and Mario? Says everything is up to day but those games aren’t there!!

mario and pac man may have copyright issue

Ahhh okay cool.

Well. Not cool, but you know lol

You can still download them from my GitHub repo if you want to have them

I’m going to be dropping a phaser game for the GameJam - and I’d love to integrate it with your launcher.
What’s the best way for me to distribute the game to work smoothly with it?

Hi @IndieImprint! That’s great!
Well I think the best way is to create a pull request to the forked repository of @guu at: https://github.com/cuu/GSP/tree/master/GSPGames (if guu agrees, your game could come pre-installed in the clockworkpi image).

Else of course you can create a pull request to the original repository (https://github.com/pleft/GSP/tree/master/GSPGames) and I will merge your PR to the master branch. You can find instructions about how to include your game in the launcher in the README.md file:

1 Like

I think PR to original is best
my repo is only cut down two games for copyright issues now

I will follow the original repo’s update

and include more games as much as possible to clockworkpi os image ,but without copyright issue

:slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi @guu, sorry for driving the thread off topic but both games that you removed for copyright issues have license files that state the opposite (at least as I understand). However I confess I am no expert when it comes to such matters so if you understand that those games infringe copyright then it would be better if I remove them also form the original source code.

1 Like

no , you keep them is good,they are good games

I’ll do the job to remove files with potential copyright issues

If I can sure about the copyright issues later (I am no expert at laws,too )

I’ll just use your repo directly into clockworkos img

1 Like

Well @guu is right. For example just using Nintendo IPs is an enfreightment, you can’t claim any right on using them without a expressed agreement with them, which is not the case in Notch game nor the HTML port of it.
The other one using Namco name is in a similar position, and guu is right to not include them in the official GS release (the one that may be included in the official GS image)

Theses games live in a gray area that would not stand if the copyright holder decided to strike, so it is better and safer for guu and Clockwork to not include such things in the default image.

So it would be better to remove them also from my repository too…