GSP: GameShell-Phaser

You have close to no risk because not selling it, where Clockwork is selling devices with preloaded firmware.

So you don’t need to do changes to your own repository on that point

Understood! thanks!!

Ok - we’re sorting out the asset details right now (permissions, licensing, etc) while we work on testing and gameplay.
Our distribution is basically an index.html, a few supporting html, json, wav, and png files. Not being sure how it would get distributed, we tried to simplify it as much as possible.
We just want to make sure it’s as easy for people to install as possible after the GameJam. It doesn’t need to be bundled or anything (it’s just a simple game), but I don’t want people to have a hard time installing it.

Thanks so much for your help!

If you add it to GSPGames as we mentioned earlier, it will be available to the GameShell users (those who already have GSP installed, CPI OS v2.x users already have it by default) as soon as they issue a git pull command on the GSP folder. Else you will also have to bundle the nw.js environment along with your game (since this is required to run js apps on GameShell)

1 Like

Perfect. I will do so - since nobody wants multiple copies of the env running around (especially since it requires sudo to modify the libraries)

1 Like

Screen shots of my WIP for GSP
20190115_220351
20190115_220421

1 Like

Your game looks great! Can’t wait for the final release!

1 Like

Ok, it’s all set and merged (thanks for all your help @elefas!).
If you’re using the @elefas version of GSP, you can simply run git pull.
If you’re using the default version shipped with the 0.2 image (by @cuu) you’d need to update like so:

cd ~/games
mv GSP GSP.old
mkdir GSP
cd GSP
git init
git pull https://github.com/pleft/GSP

Then you’ll be updated to the latest version. GYATM is the last option in the menu!
thumbnail

1 Like

Nice job @IndieImprint! I think it would be better to wait for @guu to update his fork because the instructions above might be a bit confusing for most. One can always add my git repo to the existing git config by issuing in the GSP folder:

git remote add pleft https://github.com/pleft/GSP.git

Then do

git pull pleft master

And GSP will get updated with the latest changes from pleft repo. To turn back to cuu’s

git pull origin master
1 Like

Thanks, even better there.