Has any one received the A04 unit?

I think as the forecast, the shipment has been done? Any news?

Got mine yesterday in the east coast of the US.

1 Like

Got mine today in the UK :slight_smile:

1 Like

Great news mate. Have you assembled it?

Got my A04 yesterday (ordered November 2020, so about 14 month wait) and built it today. It works, but the screen is developing bright horizonal stripes, that make it unusable. Trying to figure out if it’s a hardware fault with the screen itself, or possibly a power supply or overheating issue.

1 Like

Mine arrived yesterday and I’ve assembled it and it seems to be working pretty well. I’m now just updating to the latest OS to fix a few minor niggles.

1 Like

I received mine on January 3rd. Arrived with a damaged screen backlight flex cable, I did a temporary repair while I await a replacement from Clockwork.

1 Like

Sounds disappointing. But to be frank, I was afraid of breaking my screen during assembling.

1 Like

Oof, how do forums work

I’m in the EU and my A04 arrived on the 7th. I’ve yet to use it much, but I can report that mine powers on without issue after assembly, no immediately obvious defects.

There were a couple of tricky parts (instruction book could have been more helpful in explaining how to install the screen without damaging it - you have to bend the plastic housing and be mindful the metal on the top part of the screen isn’t caught on the plastic and deformed, bottom left part of the front shell was difficult to snap in correctly, SD port is not as accessible behind the shell as I’d have liked), but kudos to the Clockwork team for an overall quite friendly assembly process.

2 Likes

No problems assembling whatsoever and I’m more or less a hardware noob. Once up and running, I had a few teething issues but they all had answers on these forums.

I love the device and have barely stopped using it since I built it. I’ve rekindled my affection for interactive fiction which the DevTerm is perfect for :slight_smile:

Typed this reply from my DevTerm, in fact.

4 Likes

Received mine last Thursday the 6th of January 2022.

instruction book could have been more helpful in explaining how to install the screen without damaging it - you have to bend the plastic housing and be mindful the metal on the top part of the screen isn’t caught on the plastic and deformed

Totally agree here. I did deform the left side of the metal, pulled out again and then carefully reinserted :frowning: I didn’t dare to bend the plastic too much because I was afraid of breaking it. Thankfully my screen survived the procedure unblemished!

2 Likes

are you coding with ren’py?

I was mostly talking about playing IF but if I write, it’s with Inform 6.

I’m working my way through winners from https://ifcomp.org/ that I haven’t played yet :slight_smile:

1 Like

Cheers mate. Any recommended IF?

I played through this a couple of nights ago and thoroughly recommend it: And Then You Come to a House Not Unlike the Previous One - Details

1 Like