clockworkpi

Having trouble with Mgba

I’ve tried everything I can think of. Any advice?

Try explaining the problem

so I tried uploading ROMs zipped and unzipped and when I go to the MGBA program on the gameshell and try to scan, there are no files recognized. I also tried adding a gba bios but no luck. I managed to the the NES ROMs to work by uploading the zipped files.

Try loading mGba core first then navigate to your unzipped rom. This works for me in retroarch.

1 Like

Hey guys,

i have the same problem. In Retroarch everything works fine, but in the GameShell Launcher -> Retro -> MGBA nothing can be found (i tried x serveral times to rescan)

kr

What file extension are you using? Clockwork only recognizes .gba and .gbx roms for this emulator

/home/cpi/apps/launcher/Menu/GameShell/20_Retro Games/(Emulator Here)/action.config

lists the extensions it will recognize, and change it given a system restart

I´m using the zipped files (extension .zip etc.).

Thank you very much!

modifying this file can I make it run also ROM .gb or .gbc ?

2 Likes

You can change “gba, gbx” to “gba, gbx, gbc” and it will list gbc games. However, if the emulator isn’t compatible with the format it will not work.

1 Like

im having a similar problem, i am able to move the zipped files over and but i do not see them. then i rename the end with gba or gbc but they do not work. they run and open but then the screen blacks out and goes back to the main menu

I think you have to either extract them first or upload as is. By changing the extension, the system doesn’t recognize the file structure and cannot work with it (e.g. a zipped file then pretends to be a *.gba or similar file).

I have tried to extract it both in the mgba and before it, non worked. I have even tried it with the snes

Hey my MGBA is working really well I’m just curious why it won’t save the time in Pokémon lol.