I’ve tried to put a RPi CM3 in the uConsole. I’ve made a few attempts but I couldn’t get the display and WiFi(the essentials I think) work. I’m writing to ask help from the community.
What I’ve done:
- write device trees & overlays for mainline and downstream(RPi fork) kernels
- port the patches to different kernels
- test different kernels(mainline 6.1,6.5, downstream 5.10,5.15,6.1,6.5)
- I haven’t try the kernel used by devterm cm3
I’ve successfully make all of the kernels I tested to boot on my device, with working PMU, USB, HDMI. Bluetooth chip is detected, and is likely to work with downstream, and more likely with mainline.
I’m sure I couldn’t make the following components work:
- DSI panel: total black, and may flash once on initialization
- on mainline: currently unable to get any debug info
- on downstream: “transfer interrupt wait timeout”, cannot send any DCS command
- WiFi: simply not detected with any kernel I’ve tried
I’m writing to ask help from the community, if anyone have made some progress or is familiar with the problems, as I’m not experienced and don’t have the necessary equipment to analyze it(at least for the moment).
BTW, the 4G/LTE modem will always be turned on when power on a uConsole with CM3 because of the default pulls on the pins.