After the initial yay! moment I have some criticism
- The screen scratches like… really easy… I have it one day and it’s nasty already (had to open it up at least twice)
- The controller is a keyboard?.. why??
- The controller buttons are sticky because the tiny holes in the inner box are too close to the button size
- The SD card slot placement is terrible
- Not really hw… but please give us access to the GPU… some instructions to build the drivers at the very least
I love the modular aspect, but if I was going for a v2 I’d do the following:
- Keypad would be a HID device
- Keypad would be a fully built controller from the get-go, people like modularity because they may be able to upgrade the SoC or the screen, but the controller is likely to stay untouched. As an alternative, sell fully built controllers that fit in the space
- Ship more than one screen tray? ship a screen protector I guess? use corning gorilla glass for the screen tray?