I hate staggered pixels. it's a disaster! can anyone replace its screen?

Hi guys, can anyone replace its screen, I hate staggered pixels. it’s a disaster!

I don’t want to replace it with a bigger LCD, I just want an LCD without staggered pixels, can anyone help me please? :face_with_thermometer: :face_with_thermometer:

Hello! Welcome to the forums. There were a few posts covering this. Obviously this one, but ignore the fact that it has a bigger screen. You could no doubt use the pin outs for the adaptor board to suit whatever display you want to use.

Here’s a compatibility criterion you can follow regarding: ordering a display.

Since this is a very similar topic to ones already started, I’ll just post this here, re: discussions on staggered pixels. As mentioned, I’m personally a fan of it. Pixel perfect renditions of older games simply doesn’t work without a lot of extra post processing, and a larger/higher resolution display.

It’s worth mentioning that there was once some talk of clockwork working on a new screen. But with the state of the world being what it was, there may have been a delay.

Besides that, if you’re wanting a quick buy it now plug in solution, the game shell is a custom bit of hardware. You’ll have to do some modification to whatever you decide to put in. Not many people have done it, since it’s a lot of trouble.
See this post for some discussions re: people looking into getting it changed over.

Hopefully this will be enough of a start to get your next project up and running.

Thank you for helping me! Thank you so much!

1 Like

谢谢大佬的帮助,我正在研究淘宝哪个屏幕能更好的适配,当然也期待官方会出新的配件。看到大佬有中文帖子,我就用中文回复你了,再次感谢!!

1 Like

Haha! No worries. Yup, I’m Chinese as well, but was born in Australia; so my Chinese is TERRIBLE! I’ll just reply in English to save myself the embarrassment.
I’m curious to see what you manage to come up with and get!

I think I read somewhere that they might be doing an updated CPI board for the Gameshell. If that managed to go ahead, I’m also guessing that they will release a screen with it; possibly a higher resolution since it would be able to run it better. But I’m just guessing here.

1 Like

哈哈!谢谢你的帮助!我很开心!!非常感谢!!

1 Like

No chinese. Thank you.

If you want to use chinese go to the chinese area of the forum, or if you just want to talk with javelinface, use direct messages.