I want to restore my gameshell to the state I received it

Hi there, I am new to programming, messed up big time and now I just want to restore everything to how it was when it was shipped(default). Is this possible?

1 Like

Sure,

just re-flash the SD card with the OS version you received.

You can download the images here.
https://forum.clockworkpi.com/t/gameshell-os-image-files/

I’d recommend flashing the SD card with ‘Etcher’.

Flash means format? I’m sorry if I sound silly

Don‘t worry.

By saying „flashing an SD card“ I mean rewriting the operating system to the SD card. An, yes: this may include reformatting (in this case wiping) the SD card.

Since you wanted a clean start, there is nothing to loose.

Thank you so much, you are a savior!

I upgrade the error as shown
someone help me please59766848_318751982154380_2850450183810973696_n

yeah im having the same issue also if anyone could help. im currently trying to flash v0.4 to a new sd card.

Although Etcher seems to be the one most folks recommend, I only ever had problems with it under Windows. I used Win32 Disk Imager instead, and it always finished writing to the card and verified properly (and worked) when Etcher didn’t. I’d recommend trying it if you’re using Windows.

1 Like

i will try this and let you know if it works

1 Like

Haha, add me to the list of people who recommend it - I guess mainly because it’s the same interface on both windows and mac. And if you’re using Linux, then you probably know how to use dd :wink:

That said, even though I recommend it, doesn’t mean I actually use it.
I guess because it’s so simplistic, it’s hard to make a mistake/get caught using the wrong settings. As far as i know, it supports compressed archives too, in case people download a file, and not realise it needs to be done.

I suspect there was at least one version of Etcher that had issues on Windows. It worked for me the first time I used it (not sure which version), but then months later, when I went to use it again and updated the version before flashing, it consistently failed. That may have been a temporary thing, and the current version could work fine now, but I haven’t tried it. It may have also been some kind of weird compatibility problem with my SD card (it was a different card), but since it worked fine using another tool I ruled out that the card itself was at fault. While I usually appreciate things that are being actively developed, I tend to shy away from stuff that periodically breaks due to its active development. (How well is it tested?) While Win32 Disk Imager is old and only works on Windows, it’s not changing, so I feel more comfortable using it and recommending it.

But yeah, the ideal thing would be to use the command line on Linux, because dd is unlikely to change or break! :slight_smile:

1 Like