[IMPORTANT] European friends please check this out

@AlexDuan,

I ordered way back in November 2020. I did not receive the email regarding the tax ID though I live in Germany. Just by chance I checked the forum posts here today, because I just patiently waited for the delivery.

I did not receive any updates from you, no shipping or tracking information.

Please be so kind, and let me know, when I can expect my ordered DevTerm to arrive.

Jan

No worries. We’ll use FedEx to handle European orders. No tax ID required any more.

What about FedEx and orders to Russia?
Are they receive packages for private persons at Russia?

We are trying. So far, FedEx said nothing about it, but we have experience of Russian customs rejecting private electrical device. Not sure what’s going to happen this time. Policies change all the time

1 Like

I’m listened about that cases, but this was about “spy” devices with microphones or cameras(like a pen with camera) and issues with wrong Tax ID.
I believe all will be good, and waitin awesome devterm)

Should be fine, but ID is required (at least, AliExpress and Amazon requires them prior order placement).

I’ll see what the carrier will say. I’ll contact you if I need more information from you. Thanks for the heads up.

As this notice is no longer relevant, I think closing the topic is a good idea.

1 Like

I just received the package today, the box was a bit wet and destroyed. I paid 48€ customs which is fair and expected for this part of the world.

As for the taxing part, as expected before the package even started moving FedEx contacted me to provide them with my ID so they can process the import documentation, after that the package started moving over the world.

Moisture reached the corner of the assembly guide but everything else looks fine, we will see!

Still I think I will claim to FedEx the fact that its all wet.

Edit: Finished assembly and all is working correctly, just no collectible box :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

I don’t very understand my experience with this so far.

Some days ago I received an email finally, that my ordered item is on its way to me and that it should arrive yesterday.
(so I quickly ordered batteries and received them 2 days later)
Days later I received an email from fedex about the customs thing, but the email was written in a way that is not very understandable.
SO I replied and asked for some clarification so that I know what they need from me.
There was a document to fill and sign which allows them to deal with the customs in my name.
But it is a pdf document and you cannot simply sign a file. So I had to print it just to sign it and scan again. As I don’t have a printer I had to do it at work next day. And I had to provide information of what is in the package. (even though in the attachments they sent in the first email it was already) Also they replied that they need confirmation of payment for the order so I sent that to.
Since then I got no more information and the shipment tracking page still says that there is insufficient information for customs processing.
It is my first time with something like this so I don’t know if I should be worried already that nothing is happening or this is normal and I should continue waiting.

There is couple of ways to sign a PDF file, one is with this digital signature certificate which some people don’t have. The other one is using the Adobe PDF sign option which brings you a box on which you can draw with the mouse. I used that to sign work contracts so apparently its valid.

As for FedEx, I also had to agree to those things. First they ask you if you agree for them to clear customs in your name (Because you can do if yourself in most countries and for way cheaper, as they also bill that service).

I would see if there is a phone or a live chat to get a live agent to check whats going on in case they forgot to input something. But I think after I sent the email with all the things they asked, they never replied and the status didn’t update in few days, until it started moving.

Last time I wrote that I was unsure about what’s going on because nothing seems to be happening.
Now I’m getting more worried because still nothing has changed.
As above, after I sent by mail what fedex requested, they never replied and the tracking status also didn’t change.
Finally I wrote again an email to them to ask what is the status and if anything from me is blocking but no reply.
I called by phone and the telephone person said they will write to me soon but this didn’t happen so today I called again.
It is already 3 weeks since the first email so I’m starting to be worried.
Did others also have to wait so long without any feedback?

I’m in the UK and I got a text message from Fedex for the VAT+fees (57.14 GBP). Devterm arrived on the same day I received the text message (and paid) so I’m not entirely certain if I hadn’t already paid if fedex would have asked for money at my door.

I suspect this is pretty variable depending on your local customs authority so some idea where your located might allow others to help a bit more.

In my case, this is in Poland.
Despite my second phone call to Fedex nothing is changed I still don’t know why it is stuck or if they need anything from me to progress. It will be 4 weeks soon.

I’ve received my a04 last thursday after a bit of a mixup with the tracking number which @AlexDuan quickly cleared. Thanks!

What’s a bit weird is that I didn’t have to pay any tax or customs at all (in germany). The FedEx driver just handed the package to me :slight_smile:

Same for me in Germany. However, in the past, whenever I received an international FedEx package, I received an invoice letter from FedEx a few days later with the tax and service cost. So be prepared to most likely get that in the next few days.

1 Like

I just got my (hefty) tax invoice, quite a while after the devterm itself

:tada::tada: